House Price Crash Forum

General Election Today

HOLA441

I'd vote for Gordon Brown and the Labour Party. Its better the Devil you know than the Devil you don't.

The mans a genious anyway. He's like the guy that shot DeaD a victim and then succesfully persuaded everyone that it was the guns fault.

Alternatively: What about Sarah Palin, she looks cute. She's GOOD with a GUN Too. She'd want the job we have Nuclear Weapons in the UK. Something she can shoot around for half an hour.

A.N.D. Kate Barking Mad Barker for chancellor. House prices and the general economy have become detached, remember ThaT one.

We also need various representatives of financial institutions to tell the government what it is to do. GOOD idea ThaT one.

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Never mind ethnic discrimination, what about sexual discrimination?

I applied to work in a home for vulnerable teenage sex worker girls and as a 30 year old man my application was rejected - it's political correctness gone mad!

It strikes me, though, in all seriousness, that the jobs you're looking for which say "We are particularly interested in recruiting those from black and asian backgrounds" probably wouldn't interest you, anyway, as they would largely involve dealing with "those from black and asian backgrounds" which you don't appear to have much of a liking for.

As regards racial profiling - these results are kept separate for employer auditing. IF, in a standard sweep, a flag shows that there's a particularly low number of ethnic minorities, employees with disabilities, older workers or even women, then personnel teams in large companies do a quick audit of applications received. It's not designed to be punitive, but to ensure that diversity integrity is being maintained and - fiscally - that the best applicants aren't being turned away from the company because of the personal prejudices of the interviewer and selector.

HOLA443
If I apply for a job and it asks me what ethnic background I am from why should I lie ? , by you stating I can put white jewish ect. I can put WTF I like it kind of proves my point that being white and having to try and hide it is an issue . You say im simply wrong about this wrong about what ? every form I have ever receved from public sector has these questions in them why not apply for a job with one of these bodies and see for yourself?

If i did lie get the interview surely they would find out who and what race I am from? If we have equality these questions should not be on application forms but they are

It is illegal to ask for your race when applying for a job. Link

You can just not fill that part in

HOLA444
No,sorry your ignoring mine ,If I apply for a job it will not go down well if I don't fill that bit in will it ; you say people in the public sector pay no attention to these part's of the form how do I know that the person appraising my application will not be bothered.

Why should I put a cross in the box that says other , Im white why should I be asked and why should I have to deny it.?

It's very obvious that you're determined to make a point about this yet you you've provided no evidence whatsoever that you were discriminated against.

You do not need to fill in this part of the form. If you do so, it's your choice. If you think it's going to be used against you, which you obviously do, don't bloody fill it in. If you do, you're only doing so in order to have an excuse why you didn't get the job so I really have no sympathy with you here.

Either way, just because you didn't get an interview and others did does not mean you were discriminated against. You picked one single bit of the form and blamed it on that. Just because you got other interviews does not mean anything in this respect.

It's a classic case of "I'm the victim" with absolutely no effort to prove it. It doesn't fit your world view that just perhaps you weren't the right person for the job, or that you do not need to fill in these sections of the form.

I can't say what the problem was, but neither can you so stop blaming discrimination. Victim Britain again, aaargh.

HOLA445
It's not designed to be punitive, but to ensure that diversity integrity is being maintained

I pray one day we'll no longer hear people spouting this Orwellian doublespeak gibberish. "Affirmative action", etc must be consigned to the dustbin of failed social engineering history. Natural order must be restored in our country and all the unnatural social engineering legislation passed in the last 40 years revoked. The first step is to dissolve Labour's hated and unelected superquango, the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

HOLA446
I pray one day we'll no longer hear people spouting this Orwellian doublespeak gibberish. "Affirmative action", etc must be consigned to the dustbin of failed social engineering history. Natural order must be restored in our country and all the unnatural social engineering legislation passed in the last 40 years revoked. The first step is to dissolve Labour's hated and unelected superquango, the Equality and Human Rights Commission.

You mean as before where minorities & woman discriminated against (as many still are)?

I'd love to know what this natural order is. If you mean no discrimination for/against anyone then I'm all for it, but we've never been in that situation.

HOLA447
You mean as before where minorities & woman discriminated against (as many still are)?

I wonder how minorities and woman are treated in Muslim countries that don’t enjoy our Equality and Human Rights Commission.

I'd love to know what this natural order is. If you mean no discrimination for/against anyone then I'm all for it, but we've never been in that situation.

I am guessing Gime is referring to a time before we became ethnically enriched.

HOLA448

I'd vote-

David Cameron Prime Minister

Prof. Andrew Oswald Chancellor of the Exchequer

Ann Coulter Secretary of State

Shami Chakrabarti Home Secretary

Bono Secretary of State for International Development

Anne Widdecombe Secretary of State for Justice

Colonel Gaddafi Secretary of State for Defence

Jeremy Clarkson Secretary of State for Transport

Joey Barton Chief Whip

Vince Cable Executive Tea Boy

HOLA449
HOLA4410

I applied to work in a home for vulnerable teenage sex worker girls and as a 30 year old man my application was rejected - it's political correctness gone mad!

Excellent !! :lol:

I heard one builder managed to get around the discrimination laws by making a condition that the successful applicant would be required to remove their top during the summer months ! :huh:

HOLA4411
It's very obvious that you're determined to make a point about this yet you you've provided no evidence whatsoever that you were discriminated against.

You do not need to fill in this part of the form. If you do so, it's your choice. If you think it's going to be used against you, which you obviously do, don't bloody fill it in. If you do, you're only doing so in order to have an excuse why you didn't get the job so I really have no sympathy with you here.

Either way, just because you didn't get an interview and others did does not mean you were discriminated against. You picked one single bit of the form and blamed it on that. Just because you got other interviews does not mean anything in this respect.

It's a classic case of "I'm the victim" with absolutely no effort to prove it. It doesn't fit your world view that just perhaps you weren't the right person for the job, or that you do not need to fill in these sections of the form.

I can't say what the problem was, but neither can you so stop blaming discrimination. Victim Britain again, aaargh.

Never asked for any sympathy , never shouted about being a victim, just said gave experience I have had ,applying for jobs, just gave experience about looking at adverts for jobs,

don't want your sympathy, to be quite honest as these post's have gone along I really can not understand where you are coming from , I really wonder how someone who berated someone else i.e. me as I said I was pissed off when the tax payer has to pay £12,000 p.m. rent for someone and then tried to say I have an issue with it and blame culture what level of common sense that person has.

Doesn't fit my world view that just perhaps I weren't the right person for the job , or that I need not to fill in these sections of the forms , I did not blame the fact I did not get interview on that , I blamed positive discrimination . That's not victim Britain ever thought it might be fact.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

It strikes me, though, in all seriousness, that the jobs you're looking for which say "We are particularly interested in recruiting those from black and asian backgrounds" probably wouldn't interest you, anyway, as they would largely involve dealing with "those from black and asian backgrounds" which you don't appear to have much of a liking for.

As regards racial profiling - these results are kept separate for employer auditing. IF, in a standard sweep, a flag shows that there's a particularly low number of ethnic minorities, employees with disabilities, older workers or even women, then personnel teams in large companies do a quick audit of applications received. It's not designed to be punitive, but to ensure that diversity integrity is being maintained and - fiscally - that the best applicants aren't being turned away from the company because of the personal prejudices of the interviewer and selector.

No your wrong there , Have not got a problem with dealing with people from black and asian backgrounds. Have problem with to much immigration. different thing .

Have problem with Government admitting that they don't know how many immigrants have come here over the last few years either legal or illegally.

Have problem with being told to integrate when many who come here don't want to integrate with us. i.e. learn our language.

Have problem when any issues I might or others might have with immigration when voiced being accused of racism . Or like you stated accused me of not having much liking for

]

Have problem with job adverts stating preferences for certain ethnic people.

Have problem with raising an issue and then being accused of blame , victim culture.

Have problem with people not being able to mention any debate on immigration without being accused of racism.

HOLA4414
Jonnyargles wrote:

Excellent !! :lol:

Just out of curiousity, GC, were you

a ) agreeing with Jonnyargyles' sentiments,

b ) not understanding his use of sarcasm to make his point, or

c ) snorting your coffee at his mention of "vulnerable teenage sex worker girls"?

HOLA4415
Long time Conservative but after seeing Osbourne in action who looks to me just as irresponsible as anything Labour could produce. Although it is easy to be outside looking in as an opposition party, everything I have heard from the lib Dems makes me think that they are possibly the only party of difference, greatly enhanced by Mr Vince Cable, I might be coming round to the idea of voting for them. With the real possibility of having a proper three party political system.

...change the Lib Dem leader, even get Charlie back ..and make sure Vince Cable is in a senior role and I would be tempted...usually vote Conservative....but am worried that they are a bit soft with soft backgrounds...nice enough guys ...but soft....I like the way Vince can kill with relaxed almost laid back humour ...and of course he talks sense and has the background to prove it ....how many others can stand that test..... ?.... <_<

HOLA4416
Long time Conservative but after seeing Osbourne in action who looks to me just as irresponsible as anything Labour could produce. Although it is easy to be outside looking in as an opposition party, everything I have heard from the lib Dems makes me think that they are possibly the only party of difference, greatly enhanced by Mr Vince Cable, I might be coming round to the idea of voting for them. With the real possibility of having a proper three party political system.

...change the Lib Dem leader, even get Charlie back ..and make sure Vince Cable is in a senior role and I would be tempted...usually vote Conservative....but am worried that they are a bit soft with soft backgrounds...nice enough guys ...but soft....I like the way Vince can kill with relaxed almost laid back humour ...and of course he talks sense and has the background to prove it ....how many others can stand that test..... ?.... <_<

HOLA4417