• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445

For those of you who missed it, you can now watch FP's section of the programme via the HPC server: view online or download.

As a special treat, or simply for those of you who lost power toward the end of the programme, you can also download the full programme here: 56MB, 24 minutes. This download will only be available for a limited time and does not have the watch online feature.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Very well done FP, very clear and concise and unambiguous.

I am sorry for my ignorance of the panel ( except the dragon fella) but the joker in the middle I didnt warm to.

It's amazing how this is all becoming almost normal language now in the press and on the media.

HOLA448

After sleeping on it, I've been thinking. It is a shame that you didn't put the boot in a bit more to G Brown, i.e. setting out simply how we've come to this point, what the root causes of this mess are. it's not global reasons, it's not the US "sub prime". it's the unsustainable bubble that has formed over the last 10 years.

and that means, there is only one solution - to deflate the bubble. Any wrong turn and the bubble pops, not deflates.

Unfortunately, the wrong turns have been made, and the bubble is well and truly exploded.

Hence, large falls, quickly, with the catastrophic consequences you spoke about.

particularly with the Labour party conference going on at the meoment - if you were that bit more upfront about the real reasons for this, then you might - *might* - have had Mr Brown actually trying to respond to the points that you raised.... now, there's a thought!

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
also download the full programme here: 56MB, 24 minutes. This download will only be available for a limited time and does not have the watch online feature.

Error 404

Thanks. Could you put more of the programme on to the HPC site? perhaps from the start and the blue Tonight symbol and Jonathan Maitland doing his intro

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Why would you want to wear your wifes knickers? :lol:

He's been taking the Armstrong & Miller show sketches a bit too seriously?

Well done FP. How the tables have turned.

As others have already mentioned I too was shocked when Richard Fairley agreed with you 100%. Such an endorsement from a dragon would have made even the staunchest bull take notice.

Those who agree now don't impress me much, writing on wall time, where were they way back when?

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
I was surprised at the optimism about banks. I would have thought that a price drop of 50% (who would have thought that would be aired on prime time TV?) would have a drastic effect on the security of mortgages. Maybe more than a government could cope with.

It would seem this is quite an important issue? Perhaps this really IS beyond the pale, for prime time TV anyway?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Apologies for that, I've fixed the link

I've updated the clip to include the whole introduction, through to the point the panel comment on the Nationwide prediction.

I miss the Nationwide comment and each time I try to search the prog it starts again so what was the Nationwide prediction? Is that them saying 25% fall from a few weeks back?

HOLA4424
:D ITV1 Tonight with Sir Trev - Monday 22nd

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!

View online or download from the HPC server: ITV1's Tonight.

'tis a long thread and can't be arsed to read all the responses, so I apologise if this has been

repeated.

My question is, what exactly are we suppose to be celebrating ?

Millions out of work, thousands of repossessions, genuine hardship for ordinary working class

people ?

Is there no compassion left or have we all been transformed by greed and selfishness into capitalist

zombies ?

It's not a cause for celebration in my opinion.

HOLA4425
'tis a long thread and can't be arsed to read all the responses, so I apologise if this has been

repeated.

My question is, what exactly are we suppose to be celebrating ?

Millions out of work, thousands of repossessions, genuine hardship for ordinary working class

people ?

Is there no compassion left or have we all been transformed by greed and selfishness into capitalist

zombies ?

It's not a cause for celebration in my opinion.

Thanks for that :blink:

For you to state the above then really you are on the wrong forum.

Edit to add.

Who is celebrating repossesions, hardship and unemployment. NOT ONE PERSON HERE.

Maybe you should be arsed to read the detail of not just this thread but the whole forum.

Edited by Bosh