House Price Crash Forum

Arrr! For I See The Panic Phase Up Ahead Arrr....

Gel

HOLA441

Anecdotal maybe, but I've spotted a huge number of price drops in Ashford, Kent today.

Last two weeks not a lot has happened then a 4 bedder turned up from being sold to available for the second time in two months and is 4 beds for under 100k in Ashford.

The house is in a dive of an area but the psychological impact this must of had this week is remarkable, I've spotted 5 10k price reduction on the first 3 pages of rightmove alone.

Panic phase could well be on its way.

HOLA442

Patience, this isn't quite the capitulation phase. It's worth the delayed pleasure to wait for that stage.

Late Spring 2009, I reckon. A realisation that there will be no Spring bounce and then the realisation finally sinks in.

HOLA443
Guest Winnie
Anecdotal maybe, but I've spotted a huge number of price drops in Ashford, Kent today.

Last two weeks not a lot has happened then a 4 bedder turned up from being sold to available for the second time in two months and is 4 beds for under 100k in Ashford.

The house is in a dive of an area but the psychological impact this must of had this week is remarkable, I've spotted 5 10k price reduction on the first 3 pages of rightmove alone.

Could it be The Wilsons? :lol::lol: Wouldn't it be great?!

HOLA444
HOLA445
Could it be The Wilsons? Wouldn't it be great?!

The thing is, it doesn't matter does it?

These properties will appear on the Land Registry as being sold at much lower prices than the Wilson's bought similar places for and AbbaCadaver! that's the going rate in the area and ergo, how much the Wilson's places have just dropped down to.

[edit; I don't explain anymore. No apologies, no explanations]

Edited by Paddles

HOLA446

AVAST YE! SCURVY DOG!

Let us Aaaarl enjoy an eyeful o' th twitchin' cAAarcassss!

You have a WOMANS anecdotal!

I'll wager that anecdotal has never be THRUST twix'd 2 estate agents tie knots to seperate them from a cash offer for 40% below aaaraskin'!!

Aaaarghg

Anyways..... the bubble philosophy aint so much rulez

thems more what you'd call

guidelinezzzzzz

Do you believe in house price ghost stories missy??

You'd better

YOU'RE IN ONE!!!!

Edited by sbn

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Could it be The Wilsons? :lol::lol: Wouldn't it be great?!

As long as it's not Wilson - the fire-faced football of the Tom Hanks film Castaway, and true hero of the movie - enacting his revenge on suberbia for his torment. Arrrr, that'd be bad.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Not loads of reductions but they are growing in number.

e.g. http://www.home.co.uk/search/price_info.ht...perty=359581532

IMO they will have to cut deeper soon enough.

HOLA4414
Patience, this isn't quite the capitulation phase. It's worth the delayed pleasure to wait for that stage.

Late Spring 2009, I reckon. A realisation that there will be no Spring bounce and then the realisation finally sinks in.

Bump. Paddles that is a really nice prediction. People are pressed now but they are still in la la land. missing one spring bounce is one thing. Missing two and people are going to wonder whether something has fundamentally shifted in the weather.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416