House Price Crash Forum

New Tactic - Bank Holiday Sales!

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
So - if we get no interest at this price, we'll put it back up to its original price... it's bound to sell then!!

:blink:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-161...=1&tr_t=buy

Congratulations, your Distinguished Estate Agent Diploma in the post sir.

As, with many other Estate Agents awarded the diploma, you can add the letters after your name.

HOLA445

One of our local estate agents had special signs up a fortnight ago, with the current date on, saying: 'There's never been a better time to buy'.

This week, on the 3 occasions I've passed their shop, it has been empty, as have all the other 7 EAs in town.

HOLA446
HOLA447

I received an equally bizarre piece of marketing desperation from my local Jaguar garage last week. To quote "because the dealership has already met sales targets for the period, they have organized a special sale promotion weekend where even larger discounts will be offered".

My take-away, the local Jag dealership is heading for receivership so wait for the stock to be dumped at the British Car Auction ring which is only ½ a mile away.

HOLA448
HOLA449

I regulary go past an upmarket furniture shop, and they have had a sale on since boxing day, not long ago sale signs said ' Sale ends Monday'...so I thought it was all over....no chance of that, the new sign says, ' sale extended' how long for is anyones guess.... :blink:

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
No wonder they want to move - it must be a due a massive council tax hike with that view!

if properties with nice views pay extra shouldn't properties with views like that get a discount? I don't understand why anybody would buy and live there and not plant trees to block out the monstrosity in the background.

Edited by nohpc

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
So - if we get no interest at this price, we'll put it back up to its original price... it's bound to sell then!!

:blink:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-161...=1&tr_t=buy

Well whaddayaknow !

The "spring sale - special price - short time only" and "was £460k" references have melted away like Easter snow...

Could I be forgiven for taking a cynical view ?

HOLA4414

Dixons Estate Agents (part of Countrywide group I think), white on green logo, have put this in the local free paper:

...Exclusive 'Make us an offer Weekend!' 22nd, 23rd and 24th March..

I kid you not! That's right, buying a house is something you do on a B/H when the weathers a bit chilly :blink:

HOLA4415
One of our local estate agents had special signs up a fortnight ago, with the current date on, saying: 'There's never been a better time to buy'.

This week, on the 3 occasions I've passed their shop, it has been empty, as have all the other 7 EAs in town.

Funny you should say that as my local estate agents has a big sign in the window stating that houses are "selling like hot cakes!!" I take these are hot cross buns to tie in with the easter season.

Also in my local free paper another add said, "Don't believe the news. Houses are still selling and they're selling fast!!"

Had to laugh ;) he he

HOLA4416