HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

i was watching the early news today and it was going on about secondhand car prices being so low and one dealer said that a car he was selling for £10k was only one and a half years old and cost the owner over £30k.

Brown's economy is doing us all a faviour and will ensure bigger gains for us in the long term even if it hurts now.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
>This is why the top AAA-rated tier of 2007 sub-prime debt is trading at just 53pc of face value

Hmm, at some point this stuff gets cheap enough to actually buy.

VMR.

My question is, why is SUB-PRIME debt rated as 'top AAA-rated' in the first place? Surely the fact that it is SUP-PRIME means that it is not AAA? Surely, we have learned our lessons in the last few months...? Errrrrrrrr :blink:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
>This is why the top AAA-rated tier of 2007 sub-prime debt is trading at just 53pc of face value

Hmm, at some point this stuff gets cheap enough to actually buy.

VMR.

I think some big city funds thought that, geared up and filled their boots. They are now going belly up. They found out the truth of the saying that the market can remain irrational longer than you can remain solvent.

HOLA4414
I've only seen two 08 cars on the road so far since 1st Feb!

There are rumours of discounts already being available on the Fiat 500. Granted its a fiat but this was supposed to depreciate at the rate of a mini.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

This article was going so well right up until the end.

"We can slash rates to stop a slump."

Yeah, just like Japan in the 1990s and the US now. :rolleyes::P

The best way to have avoided this slump was about 4 years ago. The government and the FSA could have taken steps to curb reckless lending and borrowing. It could have reduced public spending and prepared for an economic downturn. The current situation was not unpredicted, yet the media hardly breathed a word of question or caution.

A slump is now not only unavoidable, it is also a necessity. The harder and faster the fall, the better for everyone. As Japan shows, the social consequences of a long, lingering decline are just as bad.