House Price Crash Forum

Northampton

HouseDog

HOLA441

Cash buyers only! £575,000 http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33035524.html

Looks like a wannabe Sarah Beeney must have run out of money judging by the unfinished wiring everywhere. The massive outdoor swimming pool must be a real selling point in this weather!

Given the amount of work it would take to undo the DIY damage it must only be worth around half the asking price.

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Image 5 of the Collingtree/ Hunsbury 575K house is interesting. View from pile of railway sleepers and broken glass construction ........ stray golf balls ?

The Ivy Road, Abington 75K guide price house in the Allsop auction does not seem a bad price if it sells near that. One end of Ivy road, the actual road appears to be subsiding however. A lot of those Allsop houses appear to be regulated tenancy.

HOLA444

Image 5 of the Collingtree/ Hunsbury 575K house is interesting. View from pile of railway sleepers and broken glass construction ........ stray golf balls ?

Can't see the broken glass Can yuo supply a screen dump of what you mean ?

I thought it was in west huns, bad map reading skills, but it's on the Collingtree gold course. I see from the photo's the one next door is a more traditional design.

HOLA445

Do not know how to screendump.

If you go to the property listing.

Click on slideshow of the house photos.

Go to image Number 5.

Shows view of golfcourse. A pile of what look like railway sleepers in bottom left corner. In bottom right corner is a glass roof structure with very large irregular cracks in the glass panels.

HOLA446

Do not know how to screendump.

If you go to the property listing.

Click on slideshow of the house photos.

Go to image Number 5.

Shows view of golfcourse. A pile of what look like railway sleepers in bottom left corner. In bottom right corner is a glass roof structure with very large irregular cracks in the glass panels.

Well spotted. I couldn't see then until I managed to zoom in, but they window does looked cracked.

HOLA447
HOLA448

You know you're destined to buy that place don't you ?

Hey exiges. Drove past that place today. Sold sign down and kings west web site nos says sold rather than under offer so sale must have gone through. Will check land regiatry for sale info soon but I think someone might have paid 100-150k morsel than land registry woul value it at. Thsts 2007 prices and some!

How do you compete with that. Are people just mad when it comes to houses?

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA449
HOLA4410

My house of the week:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-33189562.html

Fairly plain bungalow (built in 1992 - not a great year for architecture), a little tired inside, pretty small garden, 4 bedrooms, massive driveway - yours for just shy of half a million quid! :unsure:

The link says that is now removed !!!

HOLA4411

Northamptonshire prices are up it would seem:

http://www.northantset.co.uk/community/local-businesses/house_prices_in_north_of_the_county_on_the_rise_1_3567136

"The average home in Northamptonshire now sells for £182,108."

Where do they get this number from ?

The land registry for northants says £134K. Some difference. Also, Northamptonshire down 1.5% in the last year. Not up

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

They said the north of the county so it's obviously a Corby bounce thanks to having a high-profile chick-lit writing MP promoting the area on twitter.

Not the best source of info but: http://www.property118.com/index.php/just-two-towns-defy-property-price-slump/24503/

The worst performer is Corby, Northampton, which has seen prices plunge by 35%. Average home values have collapsed from £168,010 in 2007 to £109,316.

HOLA4414

I remember this house when it was a burnt out shell.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^1795&insId=6&maxDaysSinceAdded=7

It's on Edgemont Road, but on the corner of the busy billing road east.

I've seen houses on that house sit for 3-4 years not selling.

So I am somewhat amazed by the initial asking price:

For improved printing including floorplans use the print button on the page

print button

6 bedroom detached house for sale

Guide Price

£865,000

1 Edgemont Road, Weston Favell, Northampton, NN3 3DF

Seeing this, I can only imagine that total collapse of the housing market is imminent.

Or money, has no value anymore.

You might as well buy this, or similar:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36090692.html?premiumA=true

know it down and start again.

This is 2007+++++ prices.

HOLA4415

I remember this house when it was a burnt out shell.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/find.html?locationIdentifier=OUTCODE^1795&insId=6&maxDaysSinceAdded=7

It's on Edgemont Road, but on the corner of the busy billing road east.

I've seen houses on that house sit for 3-4 years not selling.

So I am somewhat amazed by the initial asking price:

print button

6 bedroom detached house for sale

Guide Price

£865,000

1 Edgemont Road, Weston Favell, Northampton, NN3 3DF

Seeing this, I can only imagine that total collapse of the housing market is imminent.

Or money, has no value anymore.

You might as well buy this, or similar:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-36090692.html?premiumA=true

know it down and start again.

This is 2007+++++ prices.

I remember that, i think it last went for £300k or thereabouts.

Like you say, you can get perfectly nice houses for £350-450k on that 'estate' with big plots, plenty of room for extention etc. £865k is absurd.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25677958.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34788092.html

HOLA4416

I remember that, i think it last went for £300k or thereabouts.

Like you say, you can get perfectly nice houses for £350-450k on that 'estate' with big plots, plenty of room for extention etc. £865k is absurd.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-25677958.html

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34788092.html

Yeah, and both of them at are peak 2007 asking prices !!!!!

I've had a couple of viewings with the EA in question.Once they played the "They have a full asking price offer", so I walked out. House still on the market. A different again told me they had valued the same house 100K less. I'm giving that agent a wide berth.

HOLA4417

Posting in full(ish) in case it gets removed at some time! 55-75k down to 35k - subsidence. Buy before March 9th 2012!

http://www.rightmove...y-36315044.html

Sat Mar 3 16:43:13 2012

• Brief Description changed: FOR SALE BY AUCTION ON TUESDAY 28TH 14TH FEBRUARY 2012 GUIDE PRICE £55,000 TO £70,000 This bay fronted two bedroomed end of terrace stands in an established residential location with a courtyard garden and an outbuilding to the rear which was formerly used as a local betting shop. The prope...
  • Price changed: from 'POA' to 'Fixed Price £35,000'

Thu Jan 19 16:39:05 2012

• Brief Description changed: FOR SALE BY AUCTION ON TUESDAY 14TH 28TH FEBRUARY 2012 GUIDE PRICE £55,000 TO £70,000 This bay fronted two bedroomed end of terrace stands in an established residential location with a courtyard garden and an outbuilding to the rear which was formerly used as a local betting shop. The prope...

Fri Dec 30 11:14:30 2011

• Initial entry found.

Key features:

• End Of Terrace
  • Two Reception Rooms
  • Kitchen & Cellar
  • Bathroom
  • Courtyard Garden
  • Outbuilding To Rear
  • Requires Modernisation
  • Cash Buyers Only

Full description:

FOR SALE POST AUCTION AT FIXED PRICE OF £35,000

This bay fronted two bedroomed end of terrace stands in an established residential location with a courtyard garden and an outbuilding to the rear which was formerly used as a local betting shop. The property is in need of general modernisation and has shown signs of subsidence, part of which has been covered by an insurance claim. A current structural report is available for inspection. The accommodation comprises an entrance hall, lounge, dining room, kitchen, cellar, two first floor bedrooms, bathroom and an outbuilding to the rear. LEGAL PACK IS AVAILABLE AND THE ACCEPTED OFFER MUST EXCHANGE CONTRACTS BY 9 MARCH 2012 AT OUR OFFICES - CASH BUYERS ONLY. OPEN DAY ON MONDAY MARCH 5TH FROM 1.00 TO 2.00PM AND WEDNESDAY 7TH FROM 5.30 TO 6.30PM ONLY

Services

Main drainage, gas, water and electricity are connected. (None of these services has been tested).

Council Tax

Northampton Borough Council Band -

AWA Water Charge -

Viewing Arrangements

By prior appointment through Auction House Richard Greener

Doi

NP 22122011/5982

Accommodation

Ground Floor

Entrance Hall

Approached via a timber door, the stairs rise to the first floor.

Lounge

3.40m(11'2'') x 3.18m(10'5'') excluding bay

With a bay window overlooking the front, there is a gas fire.

Dining Room

4.67m(15'4'') x 3.45m(11'4'')

A dual aspect room with an inset gas fire.

Kitchen

3.28m(10'9'') x 2.95m(9'8'')

Fitted with a range of base and eye level cupboards with an inset single drainer sink unit. Door to:-

Cellar

First Floor

Landing

With a built-in cupboard and doors to:-

Bedroom One

4.65m(15'3'') x 3.20m(10'6'')

With a UPVc double glazed window overlooking the front and a gas fire.

Bedroom Two

3.51m(11'6'') x 3.48m(11'5'')

With UPVc double glazed windows to the side and rear.

Bathroom

3.28m(10'9'') x 1.91m(6'3'')

Fitted with a suite comprising a panelled bath, pedestal wash hand basin and WC. There is a built-in airing cupboard with slatted linen shelving.

Floor Plan

Outside

Rear Courtyard

Access to:-

Outbuilding

7.32m(24'0'') x 5.66m(18'7'') maximum

Formerly a local betting shop and we understand that commercial use has now lapsed. There is light and power connected and a single WC.

Location Map

How To Get There

From Northampton town centre take the A428 Grafton Road and at the traffic light intersection continue straight on into Spencer Bridge Road. Take the first right into Gladstone Road and take the first turning on the left into Raymond Road. The property stands on the corner with a For Sale board erected.

HOLA4418

I just saw this on Rightmove myself and couldn't believe it. The house was a burnt out shell for years and is in the least secluded position possible on that street.

The most comedy pricing I've ever seen in Northampton.

HOLA4419

I just saw this on Rightmove myself and couldn't believe it. The house was a burnt out shell for years and is in the least secluded position possible on that street.

The most comedy pricing I've ever seen in Northampton.

It defies believe to be honest.

Also,

this:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32529038.html

Was up for sale for most of last year.

The put it on the market a week or so ago and it sold straight away.

No price reduction from what I can see.

At the top end of the market there are some prople paying way way over the odds now.

I can only image totally collapse must happen sooner rather than later.

Actually, I can still see the property snake history:

03 March 2012

* Status changed: Under offer

27 February 2012

* Brief Description changed: A FEBRUARY NEW INSTRUCTION - A charming detached property dating back to the early 17th century, Listed Grade II, in this very popular village. 3 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, barn/large games room and garden. About 0.19 of an acre.

24 February 2012

* Status changed: Premium Listing New Listing, Under offer

* Title changed: Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

20 February 2012

* Price changed: £535,000

* Title changed: A FEBRUARY NEW INSTRUCTION - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

29 October 2011

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Premium Listing'

05 October 2011

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'Available'

07 September 2011

* Agents Location changed: from 'Northampton Sales' to 'Northampton'

08 July 2011

* Agents Location changed: from 'Northampton' to 'Northampton Sales'

02 July 2011

21 June 2011

* Status changed: from 'New Price' to 'Premium Listing'

23 May 2011

* Price changed: Offers in Region Excess of £585,000 £535,000

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'New Price'

* Title changed: NEW PRICE - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

20 May 2011

* Price changed: Offers in Region of £585,000

23 April 2011

* Status changed: from 'New Price' to 'Premium Listing'

01 April 2011

* Price changed: from '£625,000' to '£585,000'

* Status changed: from 'Premium Listing' to 'New Price'

* Title changed: NEW PRICE - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

19 March 2011

* Status changed: from 'New Listing' to 'Premium Listing'

01 March 2011

* Brief Description changed: A charming detached thatched property dating back to the early 17th century, Listed Grade II, located in this sought after village. 2 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, barn/large games room and garden. About 0.19 of an acre.

* Status changed: from 'Available' to 'New Listing'

* Title changed: NEW INSTRUCTION - Stoke Bruerne, Northamptonshire

* Brief Description changed: A charming detached thatched property dating back to the early 17th century, Listed Grade II, located in this sought after very popular village. 2 3 reception rooms, kitchen/breakfast room with Aga, 4 bedrooms, 2 bath/shower rooms, barn/large games room and garden. About 0.19 of an acre.

28 February 2011

* gents Telephone changed: from '08433152976' to '01604632991'

* Detailed Description changed: Tenure: Freehold The Property The Old Dower House dates back to 1628 and is Listed Grade II being of architectural and historical interest. The property came under the control of the Duke of Grafton Estate in 1723 and was then subsequently sold to a private owner in 1919. The current owners re-thatched the property with netted wheat straw in 2007. The kitchen/breakfast room has an oil fired Aga, original bread oven and original copper and a range of base and wall units with granite worktops. Fitted appliances include Neff halogen electric hob, Smeg electric oven and Smeg dishwasher. Throughout the house are window seats, exposed beams and exposed studwork, fireplaces in both reception rooms and in bedroom two. The Garden There is a five-bar gate leading to the gravelled driveway and the stone barn which has original feeding troughs and exposed beams with spotlighting. There is an area of kitchen garden to the left of the driveway that is owned by The Old Dower House and the rear garden is mainly laid to lawn with established trees and shrubs. There is a timber garden shed to one corner of the garden and a timber gate leads to the front of the property The Location Stoke Bruerne is an attractive village lying beside the Grand Union Canal with its Waterway Museum, canal side public houses and restaurants. The village also has a primary school. The local shopping town is Towcester and there is further schooling at both Towcester and Roade. Milton Keynes has excellent shopping and leisure facilities and a mainline station with trains to London Euston taking about forty minutes. Northampton 8 miles M1 (Junction 15) 3 miles Milton Keynes 11 miles Towcester 6 miles (Distances approximate) Property Information Services: Mains electricity, water and drainage are connected. The house has an oil fired central heating system and hot water is from the Aga in the kitchen Local Authority: South Northamptonshire Council Tel: 01327 322322 Council Tax Band: 'G' Tenure: Freehold Viewing: Only by appointment with Jackson-Stops & Staff. Tel: 01604 632991 E-mail: northampton@jackson-stops.co.uk Agents Note: More information about the village can be found at stokebruerne.org.uk March 2011

Some new instruction.

Someone's buying it though !!!

HOLA4420

had a look at the richard greener auction results today:

Date Lots Offered Percent Sold Total Raised

Tuesday, 28 February 2012 6 84% £764,000

Wednesday, 16 November 2011 8 88% £1,103,000

Wednesday, 7 September 2011 10 90% £1,614,000

Great sales results...untl you look close:

Tuesday, 28 February 2012 6 reported total 84%

Lots for sale: 7

Actually Sold At Auction: 3

Total% = 43%

Wednesday, 16 November 2011 8 reported total = 88%

Lots for sale: 8

Actually Sold At Auction: 4

Total% = 50%

Wednesday, 7 September 2011 10 reported total = 90%

Lots for sale: 10

Actually Sold At Auction: 7

Total% = 70%

A slight downwar trajectory there too.

HOLA4421

http://www.rics.org/site/download_feed.aspx?fileID=11260&fileExtension=PDF

RICS Housing Market Survey - January 2012

Martin Pendered & Co Ltd, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire,

January has been a strange month. Activity has greatly increased above the pre Christmas period with a good level of new applicants. New instructions were slow initially but improved through the month. The main difficulty is the level of stock on the market now. There is little choice for prospective buyers and the market needs the stimulation of fresh property to grow. Hopefully as we move into the spring numbers will improve leading to a stronger market.

--

Quentin A Jackson-Stops FRICS, Jackson-Stops & Staff, Northampton, Northamptonshire

A rush of new instructions in January has not yet been matched by increased buyer enquiries. One suspects that a greater availability of properties for sale will give more choice to the few buyers about and might further depress prices as winter moves into spring.

--

Looks like prices will keep falling here :unsure:

Edited by HouseDog

HOLA4422

http://www.rics.org/site/download_feed.aspx?fileID=11611&fileExtension=PDF

RICS Housing Market Survey - February 2012

Martin Pendered FRICS, Martin Pendered & Co Ltd, Wellingborough, Northants

February has been a very busy month.

--

Quentin Jackson-Stops FRICS, Jackson-Stops & Staff, Northampton, Northamptonshire

Judging from the number of new instructions received in February and the number of properties put under offer, we now anticipate that 2012 will be an improvement on 2011. While prices are likely to be level at best, we predict that sale volumes are likely to rise. Most activity is still under the £500,000 level.

--

HOLA4423

Anyone want a laugh:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-22226544.html

print button

4 bedroom detached house for sale

Offers in Excess of

£875,000

West Street, Upton, Northampton, Northamptonshire

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Says sstc on rightmove and sold in the kingwest website but listed on the mobile website. weird. no idea what is going on there either way when any ea is involved it will be some sort of bolax designed to seperate u from your cash :lol: