House Price Crash Forum

Northampton

HouseDog

HOLA441

Pay attention to both The Count and PabloPatito both have valid view points from their different perspectives.

What I see is that house prices have been and still are falling slowly in most parts of Northampton. However, the 'desirable' enclaves of Grange Park, Wooton & Hardingstone do seem to be holding their prices more than other areas. I follow NN3 where I'm seeing consistent price reductions - but I have a very strong feeling that theres still a long way to go before we reach the bottom price. at some point quantative easing will be switched off, interest rates will rise and people with properties they can't afford will have to pay the piper. Markets always clear regardless of government intervention.

However, If I was buying I wouldn't trust any estate agent and if making an offer I'd start low.

To find an alternate idea of Grange Park you could ask here: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/local_northampton

Or here: http://www.mumsnet.com/Talk/property

Listen to House dog.

P.S. Just listed a house on the northampton thread, listed at £142 per square foot....That's good value.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

• Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Half a million for a crap bungalow! :blink: What's going on there then? I guess they'll build some more houses on the plot? Even so, that's a lot of money for an auction.

Glad to see we're in agreement again B)

I guess it's a developer wanting to build 20 houses on the half acre plot.

HOLA444

Looks like they sold all but 2. The shocker was the place in Spratton, well above guide.

I went in and spoke to RG last year, he agreed asking prices were silly but had to tell the vendors what they wanted to here !!! From what I remember he was realistic as to the housing market though and expected people to offer low,

He then preceed to offer us all the s**t he had on his books even though I told him 10 times, NO THANKS.

He's a salesman I guess and was trying to sell.

said I'd come back when he was being realistic.

Bit disappointing. Cheers for the insight.

Die overpriced houses, die!

HOLA445

If you're new to the area, renting might be a good idea. It will give you a chance to get to know the town and work out where you want to buy. Plus you'll be chain free which puts you in a stronger position. Get a 6 month lease and Autumn prices are likely to be lower than Spring prices. It's a win win!

HOLA446

If you're new to the area, renting might be a good idea. It will give you a chance to get to know the town and work out where you want to buy. Plus you'll be chain free which puts you in a stronger position. Get a 6 month lease and Autumn prices are likely to be lower than Spring prices. It's a win win!

I think you might be right. I was totally against going into rented at first but as I haven't found what I really want for the right price and my buyers really want to get in asap I think renting for a while maybe a good option. Plus I can rent in an area I think I'd like and see what its really like, and make lower offers on anything I do like as I'll be chain free. Thanks to everyone for your advice and opinions, they all help :)

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Tasty drop here:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-21646539.html

Originally came on at £290k in January. Then dropped to "in excess of" £280k in March. Now down to £250k.

I haven't seen any big drops this Spring. Hopefully this is the start of a long, uncomfortable Summer for vendors B) .

Edited by pablopatito

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

NN4 watch:

After a busy first 3 months of the year (I'd even go so far as to call it a mini-boom), May looks dead. Looking at Rightmove and PropertyBee, nothing seems to be selling at the moment. There's very little movement in prices yet though, hopefully that will follow. The only thing keeping prices high at the moment is the massive lack of supply, which is annoying.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

This came on the market today:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34511551.html

4 bedroom detached house for sale

£319,995

Campanula Close, Abington Vale, Northampton NN3 3QG

2 similar properties nearby sold in teh lasdt year and a bit for:

27th Feb 2012

5 Wisteria Way, Abington, Northampton NN3 3QB

Detached, Freehold, 4 Beds, 2 Baths, -- Receps - Edit

£248,000

Property details | Save to favourites

See current value

7th Feb 2011

30 Wisteria Way, Abington, Northampton NN3 3QB

Detached, Freehold, 4 Beds, 3 Baths, 2 Receps - Edit

£225,000

I think I know the one that sold in Feb, if it is the one I am thinking of it had been on the mark for years and I seem to recall the asking price was 220K, or maybe the one I am thinking of was a repo and isn't listed.

Either way that is a mental asking price considering the land registry housing market is still back at June 2004 levels.

Are we back in 2007.

Is there anyone buying houses now ?

P.S. Looking at the land registry most paid round that was was in 2007,

May 2007

14 Wisteria Way, Abington, Northampton NN3 3QB

Detached, Freehold, -- Beds, -- Baths, -- Receps - Edit

£310,000

Property details | Save to favourites

See current value

The agents need their heads looking at.

HOLA4422

The agents need their heads looking at.

Agreed - 99% of the properties that have recently come on the market in NN3 have been vastly over-priced.

For any agents reading - if nothing sells your next office move may well be here:

Job Centre Plus

Frances House,

21 Lower Mounts,

Northampton

NN1 3LY

HOLA4423

Agreed - 99% of the properties that have recently come on the market in NN3 have been vastly over-priced.

For any agents reading - if nothing sells your next office move may well be here:

Job Centre Plus

Frances House,

21 Lower Mounts,

Northampton

NN1 3LY

More likely will be to:

Skid Row

:lol:

I dont see many houses selling at the mo, plenty of reductions in asking prices, still plenty of houses that have been up for sale for 2 or 3 years. It's insanity.

HOLA4424

Saying that, if you wait long enough someone will come along and pay over the odds:

2 Billing Road

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-37191008.html?premiumA=true

SSTC

been on the market for 2 years or thereabouts, maybe longer.

One along the road sold for 250K, bigger house, bigger garden, better situation.

Zoopla Estimate

£279,768

The madness continues.

HOLA4425

Lots of building plots coming onto market - mentally high prices still, but land prices deteriorate before house prices - few months ahead of houses coming down in price?

Will have to dig out Boom Bust / Fred Harrison to see what he predicts in terms of lead times.