Channel 4 Dispatches 5.11.07

HOLA441
  • Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
Ur gonna have to give up your job as a financial planner and become a full time tv celeb.

Apart from the money, glamour, babes, green rooms, after show parties, chauffeur-driven limos, meet Sarah Beeny etc what on earth has TV got that being a financial planner doesn't?

Cue flood gates...

B)

HOLA444
Apart from the money, glamour, babes, green rooms, after show parties, chauffeur-driven limos, meet Sarah Beeny etc what on earth has TV got that being a financial planner doesn't?

Cue flood gates...

B)

FP, you are installing fear into millions of TV sheeple across the UK. They will not like you telling them their pensions, ATMs, and general money making machines no longer work. Make sure you have adequate protection, if you don't you can contract Blackwater.

Edited by Pluto

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
FP - do elucidate old boy what is the program about ? what is its title ? Is it dedicated to the housing market ?

Radio Times:

Dispatches Monday 05 November 8:00pm - 9:00pm

Channel 4

The Housing Trap

The flagship current affairs programme examines the problems facing first time house buyers trying to find a property in the current price boom. The investigation asks whether or not we are approaching a crisis point in which a generation of young people will not be able to afford thier own homes - and whether the government should be protecting the interests of investors or providing affordable housing for its citizens.

I hope this helps.

HOLA4411
Ur gonna have to give up your job as a financial planner and become a full time tv celeb.

From my bearish crystal ball, I see Channel 4 seeing the light, and axing Sarah Beenys' Property Ladder.

To be replaced with 'Property Bladder' hosted by FP interviewing BTL'ers and Mew-aholics who are weeing themselves with fear as the bust and crunch roll out.

It will be interspersed with hpc'ers quoted saying 'we warned you, but you did not listen' after being awarded their Mbe's.

........if only :rolleyes:

Edited by Saving For a Space Ship

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I always enjoy watching your appearances on TV.

You tend to remain calm and present a clear, straight to the point argument based on solid facts whilest the VI(s) squirm and make themselves look stupid.

I also like the slight shaking of the head that you do when the VI is speaking. Very nice touch. B)

HOLA4414
Radio Times:

Dispatches Monday 05 November 8:00pm - 9:00pm

Channel 4

The Housing Trap

The flagship current affairs programme examines the problems facing first time house buyers trying to find a property in the current price boom. The investigation asks whether or not we are approaching a crisis point in which a generation of young people will not be able to afford thier own homes - and whether the government should be protecting the interests of investors or providing affordable housing for its citizens.

I hope this helps.

Are we approaching a crisis point- we approached it 2 years ago and we are well and truly in the middle of it now.

Did you see the news last night- growth next year limited to 1% and prices have fallen last month by a shocking 0.2% in most of britain.

Get real- here comes the 40% fall !!

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

This sounds pretty uber-bullish - if the blurb is accurate it seems their starting assumption is that prices will continue to rise forever.

Hopefully FP will provide some balance.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
whether the government should be protecting the interests of investors or providing affordable housing for its citizens.

Or here's a mad idea, stop paying people more than the average wage for having babies and not working in an overpoulated and under provided for society and rewarding them with homes better than the average worker can afford, and stop encouraging immigration in same said society.

I also like the slight shaking of the head that you do when the VI is speaking. Very nice touch. B)

Bow chicka wah wah! :P

HOLA4420
and stop encouraging immigration in same said society.

Bow chicka wah wah!

Immigration has been around for centuries. It helped make Britain prosperous and multi-racially more harmonious than other countries. I vote for as much as possible of it. Oh, it also kept inflation down i.e. your groceries.

"Bow chicka wah wah!" Say, what?

HOLA4421

You can't be serious?!

Racially harmonious?

Hmm, you havn't lived in a immigrant dense area then.

Inflation down? is that not what helped keep intrest rates low and HPI?

And historically there has never been such massive migration, it's not natural so society can't adjust.

Not enough housing, healthcare, roads, prisons, jobs etc. etc., for all who are here, it would be different if they had to work, provide their own health insurance and had to join the housing waiting list at the bottom.

I beg to differ with you on that one neighbour.

Bow chicka wah wah = the linx ad, guess you had to be there....

HOLA4422
Racially harmonious?

Inflation down? is that not what helped keep intrest rates low and HPI?

And historically there has never been such massive migration,

Not enough housing, healthcare, roads, prisons, jobs etc. etc., for all who are here, it would be different if they had to work, provide their own health insurance and had to join the housing waiting list at the bottom.

"multi-racially more harmonious than other countries" is what I said.

"Inflation down? is that not what helped keep intrest rates low and HPI?"

...because wages and inflation have stayed low, this has kept the general cost of living very low and helped fuel a housing bubble. Of course they could have been paid more...

"And historically there has never been such massive migration". You think? Irish, Jewish from East Europe, Afro-Carribean etc Migration helps countries - look at US, Australia, Canada, most of Africa (if politically stable) etc as well as UK through the centuries. Have you heard of Lombard St - it was given to the Lombardy's from N Italy and, guess what, the descendants are now fuelling the general success of The City.

"Not enough housing, healthcare, roads, prisons, jobs etc. etc., for all who are here, it would be different if they had to work, provide their own health insurance and had to join the housing waiting list at the bottom." They contribute immensely more than they receive. Sorry if you're blind to that. Who do you think picks your tomatoes? Or tomorrow's pumpkin? Builds, Paints etc the buildings going up in the City? How do you think the NHS would be without immigrant staff? etc

fp

HOLA4423

Why do you think a Brit cant pick tomatoes or work in the NHS?

And if there were not so many people we wouldn't need so many tomatoes or NHS workers, that's also economics cap'n

Yes there has always been some immigration, but what I said is not in such massive numbers, they had to come in by the proper channels and it was a lot more expensive to get here so they traditionally were workers, I grew up in central London, I had a lot of Caribean friends it was normal and their parents came here for jobs and they worked as hard as anyone else, they were happy to take their turn and pay their way they never demanded special treatment or social exclusion, they didn't need to they were the same as us, the Labour MP Bernie Grant's Mother babysat me, she used to sit me on her lap and play with my hair and tell me I was beautiful and call me 'chicken' which is what I call my kids as it's a term of enderement to me, she was a normal person to me and my Dad worked alongside Bernie Grant before he was an MP, all good stuff and yes the exact type of people any country needs, and as with my family the thought of sponging on benefits was unthinkable, nowdays I pay stupid taxes and cant afford to live so have to claim benefits in the form of tax credits, nursery vouchers etc., I dont want to, I want lower taxes that doesnt take some idiot to work out wrongly and make me spend hours when I should be working and be paid a wage to do so, but we live in a benefit culture and yes it attracts the wrong sort of people who will destroy the economy.

My parents worked in North London in a large Jewish community, they did indeed help the economy, but they worked, today there is no need for anyone to, I noticed you homed in on the immigration thing, I also said that people shouldnt be paid to have babies - wherever they're from.

I just read a magazine article where a 17 year old who has never worked has 2 kids and is paid over 21k per year in benefits, thats of course net, so if you added tax she's taking home well over the average wage, her mother has also never worked and has several kids.

Oh and she pays just £25 a week in rent.

I think that if you had to join the housing waiting list at the bottom and not gallup up if youre a single mum, a refugee or anything else, could not claim benefits for longer than say a year, and certainly not before you have worked at all, be deported if you break the law and never allowed to return (freeing up space for longer sentences for non immigrants) and not be able to claim benefits for more than 2 children then we would not only encourage the people you say we need but put the people who are already here to work and contribute to the economy.

I can't see why an 'immigrant' is of benefit to society. He or she could be too sick to work, a criminal, a benefit claimant, social housing tennant and so on.

I can of couse see why a 'worker' would be wherever he's from.

I have grown up with the IRA threats, and now Muslim extremists, I have no freedom of speech and have to live by political correctness, if it was so harmonious then we wouldn't need such laws, I went to Amsterdam this year and that was brilliant, very multicultural but didnt seem to have the undercurrent of resentment that seems to bubble here, so again I beg to differ, my Mothers in Hospital and whilst her care is second to none - by both Brits and immigrants the ward is dirty and equipment is old, 1000 babies a year die from lack of proper care, yeah yeah we all know the stats, and we can all see african babies dying for the need of a few pence but yet we pay what is it a Million a month to children not even resident here in Child benefit alone, my daughter needs a brace but does not qualify on the NHS as there have been yet more 'hidden' cuts so I have to pay almost £2,000. a quarter of prisoners cant read or write and a fith of primary school age children can't either - see the link?

We need to concentrate on the people here, there is no point bringing in an immigrant who is going to work - and send at least a bit of his money to his country of origin, whilst there are people here who cant work as they have been let down by an inadequate school system, or don't even have a home, we are giving homes to people whilst children sleep on our streets, due to cuts cuts and more cuts children are being abused and neglected yet we find money for all kinds of crazy schemes.

HOLA4424
I always enjoy watching your appearances on TV.

You tend to remain calm and present a clear, straight to the point argument based on solid facts whilest the VI(s) squirm and make themselves look stupid.

I Concur with this.

You get better with each appearance FP, keep it up!

HOLA4425