House Price Crash Forum

Put An Offer In

westlondon guy

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
just put an offer in on a 5 bed in woking are we nuts in the current climate ?

No, of course not. Buying a house now at the start of a credit crunch, at what looks like the top of the market is obviously negated by the fact that properdee only ever goes up. I'm sure that everyone on a website called housepricecrash.co.uk will agree.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
No, of course not. Buying a house now at the start of a credit crunch, at what looks like the top of the market is obviously negated by the fact that properdee only ever goes up. I'm sure that everyone on a website called housepricecrash.co.uk will agree.

Warning! above quote contains concentrated sarcasm!

:lol::lol:

HOLA447
HOLA448

how long do you think this credit crunch is going to last for?

the banks need each other- it only takes a couple of banks to do business with each other and it'll be back to normal

GB could take IR down which could start another boom- lets face it the NR fiasco could have gone a lot better for the bears

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Droll troll.

Actually, I think making offers on this kind of property is a great idea. Some have suggested at half asking price - but I think they are being overly generous.

I hereby provisionally offer £250 plus the price of 5 economy class airline tickets to any destination the owners choose (one per bedroom). I will leave it up to the vendors to pick somewhere that doesn't (yet) have extradition treaties for debtors and tax evasion. I will reimburse the cost of two full-surveys (to be completed by surveyors of my choosing - a HIP is *not* sufficient) subject to there being no substantial structural problems with the property. I am in a position to complete quickly, if necessary, I've a friend who does conveyancing on speed dial.

It would make a nice Xmas present for my sister (who rents near there) don't you think?

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

depends on what sort of nuts your talking about. there are too many variety of nuts to be compared with.

whereas, there can only be one plum, and thats the one buying a 5 bedder in woking !!

Edited by debtfree

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest The_Oldie
carer ? who knows paying cash

Why do I get the impression that you are not looking for advice? Rather bragging that you can afford to buy a £600K house for cash, it takes all sorts.... :rolleyes:.

lol im guessing the only plums and fools are the ones who wished they had bought property a few years back :lol:

hey i said i put an offer in offers can be withdrawn too :P it`s a nice house though i would prefer to lose some cash than pay a landlord rent :rolleyes:

If you continue to post like a troll, you will be treated like one <_<.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
what price bracket are we talking about for a 5 bed in woking? if you dont mind me asking

When I last visited the area around Wokingham, I looked at houses... it is pleasant.

Not far from Wokingham (in a cheaper area) my sisters' landlords' house is 5 bed; has no garage... but parking for half a dozen cars... built in brick with little attention to detail... a functional rather than decadent house.

I understand, on the grapevine, that it was valued at about £750K for mortgage purposes.

The surroundings are OK - but you can hear the dual-carriageway... the local pub is awful - and I couldn't find a local restaurant.

Wokingham proper sells at a premium.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Why do I get the impression that you are not looking for advice? Rather bragging that you can afford to buy a £600K house for cash, it takes all sorts.... :rolleyes:.

If you continue to post like a troll, you will be treated like one <_<.

troll ? mearly asking for advice thats all , 600k is it worth bragging about ? i live in london remember 600k is peanuts here , hence looking to get a decent property outside of london with good commuter links