House Price Crash Forum

Put An Offer In

i would prefer to lose some cash than pay a landlord rent :rolleyes:

:lol:

i prefer to save cash, pay a bank employee 'BTL slave' some money to maintain the fully furnished house, free of charge might i add.... AND live cheaper than buying without having to pay some twit of an estate agent a percentage, neither a lawyer, and the stupid government stamp duty.... and also a bank interest for money they don't actually have.... and i have no worries.

Edited by debtfree
When I last visited the area around Wokingham, I looked at houses... it is pleasant.

Not far from Wokingham (in a cheaper area) my sisters' landlords' house is 5 bed; has no garage... but parking for half a dozen cars... built in brick with little attention to detail... a functional rather than decadent house.

I understand, on the grapevine, that it was valued at about £750K for mortgage purposes.

The surroundings are OK - but you can hear the dual-carriageway... the local pub is awful - and I couldn't find a local restaurant.

Wokingham proper sells at a premium.

i actually said "woking" surrey not wokingham berkshire

lol im guessing the only plums and fools are the ones who wished they had bought property a few years back

Many of the people here were smart enough to buy then, at the bottom of the market, when there were gains to be made, helped by the leverage of a loan. Not many think it is smart to buy at the top of the market. Granted, paying cash leveraging your capital losses isn't an issue, but capital losses are entirely possible.

just put an offer in on a 5 bed in woking are we nuts in the current climate ?

Too early to tell at this stage. If you sell your house to another optimist that will put you in position to be taken seriously. If you can then convince a lender to provide enough money in the new, cautious, liar loan averse climate you could then attempt to exchange contracts.

Although this may seem a bit long and drawn out it would be worth proceeding as fast as possible because ,as we know from the tv, prices are still rising despite a few minor hiccups in the USA.

Hurry before the price goes up!!

Putting aside the most obvious possibility that you are a harmless little troll, I'll reply to your original question on the assumption that it was in fact genuine. You came to a forum called "House Price Crash" to ask if it was a good idea to pay £600k cash for a house in the current economic climate? what sort of answers did you expect - "You go, girlfriend!"?

With that level of intelligence, I'm more interested in how the f**k you ever made £600k in the first place...

Putting aside the most obvious possibility that you are a harmless little troll, I'll reply to your original question on the assumption that it was in fact genuine. You came to a forum called "House Price Crash" to ask if it was a good idea to pay £600k cash for a house in the current economic climate? what sort of answers did you expect - "You go, girlfriend!"?

With that level of intelligence, I'm more interested in how the f**k you ever made £600k in the first place...

will this site cease to exist after the crash then ;)

lol since when do you need inteligence to make money , now if you said balls then i would believe you.

i have met some of the most dumbest people you will ever meet , and they have more money than i do :lol:

Edited by westlondon guy
  • 2 weeks later...

lol well i did buy 80k worth of google shares back in 2004 , el gordo won`t be getting a penny in cgt either lol