Protest March To London ?

ianupton

HOLA441
  • Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
why dont we organise a protest march to london ? use your vote. vote tony out. lifes worse than thatcher and thats saying something.

Marching against a popular government, at the same time as asking people to lose money on property will be as popular as a fart in a space suit. Stop being a silly billy.

isnt anyone else angry with 'new labour' ?????

Not everyone, come the election, Tone is back in, because people for the most part are happy with New Labour and can see through the doomsters and Media crap.

Not everyone in the country is a hard up FTB.

Stop whinging.

HOLA443
im glad i found this site. i am so sick of being sold down the river by housing greed and madness. i earn 40k + and i cant find even the grottiest house in wigan to buy. its crazy and ive had enough of this bullsh*t.

why dont we organise a protest march to london ? use your vote. vote tony out. lifes worse than thatcher and thats saying something.

60,000 new affordable homes in 5 years - what a joke.

no ban on buy to let mortgages. ???

its out of control and being ignored by this government and also you might note - the opposition. no one dare say anything.

something has to be done. what are your kids going to do ? live at home until their 55 ?

never in modern history has a man done 40 hours work to live in a bedsit. everybodys so weak. i am so angry.

The goverment have not ignored the problem--Tony jumped on the bandwagon with a mega BTL :lol:

HOLA444

im glad i found this site. i am so sick of being sold down the river by housing greed and madness. i earn 40k + and i cant find even the grottiest house in wigan to buy. its crazy and ive had enough of this bullsh*t.

Patience, Ian, the tide is turning, this year will be the turning point

I 'd like to go on a protest march but I'd also like to arrange a linch mob

to visit some estate agents in London that stiched me up

HOLA445

I want to do this.

I think due to complete apathy, we'd struggle to get enough people for a decent march.

Although if we could get a couple of hundred or more, it would be fun to build some impromptu shacks on Parliament Square and call it 'guerilla property developing'. Then put price tags of millions on each shack with the aim of 'economically cleansing' the government out of Westminster.

HOLA446

Even going off the bears' ultra conservative 3.5 x income with a 10% deposit (which would be easy to save on £40k P.A) you have just about the whole local property ladder to choose from. There are 100 properties for sale on rightmove alone ranging from 4 bed semi's to 3 bed detached.

WTF are you on about? (click)

Either there's another Wigan that I don't know about, or you think you should be enititled to a castle or a mansion 'a la David Beckham' as your first home.

What would you chant, on the march by the way? something along the lines of,

'' NEW LABOUR, NEW 3 BED DETACHED......NO WAY.......

...... WE WANT A CASTLE.......WHEN DO WE WANT IT?......NOW!''

So instead of organising your pathetic march, why don't you ring the local agents,go and look at some easily affordable properties which are prefectly fine, wind your neck in, and buy a fugging house.

You are an embarrasment to the true priced out FTB'er cause.

KOTC.

HOLA447
HOLA448
Even going off the bears' ultra conservative 3.5 x income with a 10% deposit (which would be easy to save on £40k P.A) you have just about the whole local property ladder to choose from. There are 100 properties for sale on rightmove alone ranging from 4 bed semi's to 3 bed detached.

WTF are you on about? (click)

Either there's another Wigan that I don't know about, or you think you should be enititled to a castle or a mansion 'a la David Beckham' as your first home.

What would you chant, on the march by the way? something along the lines of,

'' NEW LABOUR, NEW 3 BED DETACHED......NO WAY.......

...... WE WANT A CASTLE.......WHEN DO WE WANT IT?......NOW!''

So instead of organising your pathetic march,  why don't you ring the local agents,go and look at some easily affordable properties which are prefectly fine, wind your neck in, and buy a fugging house.

You are an embarrasment to the true priced out FTB'er cause.

KOTC.

You are spot on there kotc :lol::lol::lol: . People who are genuinely priced out have every right to complain, but somebody on £40k+ a year...in Wigan :rolleyes: . What do you do with all that money, p1$$ it up the wall???? Haven't you got any deposit saved up?

HOLA449

its out of control and being ignored by this government and also you might note - the opposition. no one dare say anything.

something has to be done. what are your kids going to do ? live at home until their 55 ?

never in modern history has a man done 40 hours work to live in a bedsit. everybodys so weak. i am so angry.

I sense your frustration, but it's not really the government's fault, IMHO.

It's a simple case of market forces and supply & demand.

The best thing I can say to you in consolation is that financial markets are cyclical; I couldn't have dreamt of getting on the ladder back in the 80s but then WHAM, a crash accompanied by inflation in wages and flats were affordable again! And it is a widely held belief (here, at least) that another crash is upon us. And it's due mainly to people like you who've said: "No, I'm not buying now. I can't."

That's the best protest of all to stop a market in its tracks - don't buy into it.

HOLA4410
Interesting, clicking on the individual houses suggest that they are no longer for sale.

Sorry... these are just phantom houses.

Here's some more (look beyond the initial new stuff)

Only 183 to choose from here though, it's a tough old life (click)

EXAMPLE (three quarters of the way down first page): 170k ( 160k offer accepted?) 3 bed detached, en suite, conservatory!

I'm sure this would be a dream home for some people, never mind a starting point!

HOLA4411

It appears that in Wigan you can buy a traditional FTB property on a salary of less than £10k with a 10% deposit and at 3.5 times salary. Are we really being asked to sympathise with someone earning £40k in a place where property prices look genuinely affordable by anyone's standards?

HOLA4412
Guest The dude
It appears that in Wigan you can buy a traditional FTB property on a salary of less than £10k with a 10% deposit and at 3.5 times salary.  Are we really being asked to sympathise with someone earning £40k in a place where property prices look genuinely affordable by anyone's standards?

"Are we really being asked to sympathise with someone earning £40k in a place where property prices look genuinely affordable by anyone's standards?"

BL...from reading your posts, I don't think you really sympathise with ANYONE regardless of their financial predicament...hope I'm wrong.

HOLA4413

How interesting that an observation based on evidence should be used as the trigger for a personal attack. My sympathy lies with people who genuinely can't afford to buy a home and I appreciate there are a lot of them, I'm not prepared to waste sympathy on someone who earns above average salary in an area with affordable property prices by any standards. Nor are other people judging by the posts that preceded mine - why select mine for your personal attack?

HOLA4414

I would guess that what ianupton means is that he is aware that his earnings are above average but that he is being expected to pay say £100k for something that his £15k p.a. neighbour bought for ***k all a few years ago!

ianupton is thinking b******s to that and I can't say I blame him :)

HOLA4415
Guest Working Class Lad

The people would lynch you - Everyone loves New Labour.

Just be patient good things come to those who wait.

HOLA4416
I would guess that what ianupton means is that he is aware that his earnings are above average but that he is being expected to pay say £100k for something that his £15k p.a. neighbour bought for ***k all a few years ago!

ianupton is thinking b******s to that and I can't say I blame him  :)

Then he should say that instead of "I can't find even the grottiest house in Wigan to buy". Because clearly he can.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

£40k in Wigan? Try £21K in London!!!!

Granted £40k in Wigan is good money but that doesn't mean that ianupton should have to pay a fortune for overpriced properties. He is in an enviable position (compared to most on here) so IMO moaning is in slightly bad taste.

As for the march, cool! I'm up for it. It would be a gigle, maybe we would go down in history as the last people to protest before they (VERY UNDEMOCRATICLY) vote that peaceful protest isn't allowed in parliment square.

HOLA4419

40k job today would be like having 20k job five years ago. How can you not afford a house? You have it easy, trying working for £12k a year and then paying half your salary in rent.

HOLA4420

Come on, fair's fair.

It appears that in Wigan you can buy a traditional FTB property on a salary of less than £10k with a 10% deposit and at 3.5 times salary.

The cheapest house I can see on the market in Wigan at the moment is a shade more than £60k. Which equates to 5x salary + 20% deposit for a £10k earner, 2.75x salary + nominal deposit for someone earning the national average.

For someone on £40k a year to claim he can't afford to get on the property ladder is a bit rich under these circumstances... however, it wouldn't be far off the mark to say that £40k in most places will ONLY JUST get you on the housing ladder if you're a FTB restricting yourself to a sensible 3.5x multiplier on the mortgage.

It's fairly reasonable for the guy to say there's something inherently wrong in the fact that someone earning double the mean national annual income and probably 2.5x the median annual income in his home town, would still need to borrow 3x his salary just to get a starter home in most of England.

Simple logic: if it's barely affordable for someone on £40k a year to get a starter home, then it surely must be unattainable for anyone on average salaries to do the same.

HOLA4421
How interesting that an observation based on evidence should be used as the trigger for a personal attack.  My sympathy lies with people who genuinely can't afford to buy a home and I appreciate there are a lot of them, I'm not prepared to waste sympathy on someone who earns above average salary in an area with affordable property prices by any standards.  Nor are other people judging by the posts that preceded mine - why select mine for your personal attack?

Bluelady,

For once, I agree with you. Not because there might or might not be affordable housing in a particular area, but because anyone earning 40k has no cause for any financial complaint whatsoever.

If you earn 40k and still can't buy you CAN rent an extremely agreeable property for less than a third of your disposable income. If you have a partner with just half your salary you can pool recources and rent a vast and luxurious home.

However, here in Cornwall, where people actually do work quite hard for an average salary of around 14k, it really IS almost impossible to buy or rent.

VacantPossession

HOLA4422

yes but housing is like immigration..........it wouldn't make any difeerence which party was in power

HOLA4423
Bluelady,

For once, I agree with you. Not because there might or might not be affordable housing in a particular area, but because anyone earning 40k has no cause for any financial complaint whatsoever.

If you earn 40k and still can't buy you CAN rent an extremely agreeable property for less than a third of your disposable income. If you have a partner with just half your salary you can pool recources and rent a vast and luxurious home.

However, here in Cornwall, where people actually do work quite hard for an average salary of around 14k, it really IS almost impossible to buy or rent.

VacantPossession

so how do ordinary workers in Cornwall manage?

where do they live?

HOLA4424

ianupton is thinking b******s to that and I can't say I blame him  :)

this is what i mean. i agree i COULD buy a house in Wigan, but it would be the grottiest, smoked out terrace on a row of chavs and trisha watchers. what was the point of studying for 10 years only to get a box packers dwelling in bingle drinking Punch St, Wigan WN4 ? My mercedes keeps getting vandalised and im not even in wigan yet.

wheres my semi and small garden. my england. my castle. wheres my wife and family. ?

im just being fleeced for £80,000 above what it should be - well im not. im off back to usa. life there might be bland but its better than a damp terrace and kebab papers on my window sill every firday..this charming vestibule with tidy yard to year.

people must be mad to be put down like this. i met some londoners when i was in cornwall and i just felt really sorry for them. 4 up in a town house. 1 room each. all working in decent jobs on good pay. they looked dead in the eyes. no future. no chance of bringing up a family in those conditions. burned out at 30 ? tired of it.

decent people living like orwells road to wigan pier. whats going on ?

HOLA4425
this is what i mean. i agree i COULD buy a house in Wigan, but it would be the grottiest, smoked out terrace on a row of chavs and trisha watchers. what was the point of studying for 10 years only to get a box packers dwelling in bingle drinking Punch St, Wigan WN4 ? My mercedes keeps getting vandalised and im not even in wigan yet.

wheres my semi and small garden. my england. my castle. wheres my wife and family. ?

im just being fleeced for £80,000 above what it should be - well im not. im off back to usa. life there might be bland but its better than a damp terrace and kebab papers on my window sill every firday..this charming vestibule with tidy yard to year.

people must be mad to be put down like this. i met some londoners when i was in cornwall and i just felt really sorry for them. 4 up in a town house. 1 room each. all working in decent jobs on good pay. they looked dead in the eyes. no future. no chance of bringing up a family in those conditions. burned out at 30 ? tired of it.

decent people living like orwells road to wigan pier. whats going on ?

What was wrong with the scores of semi's and detached I showed you around the 150-170k mark? They were hardly what you say is all you can afford!

If it's not too personal do you mind me asking is your merc yours or a company car?