House Price Crash Forum

Aberdeen, Aspc Stats

HOLA441
on the above point of rents in aberdeen, btl to me makes sense. 60k-70k 1 bedder in torry 500-550 rent. repayment mortgage sorted.

Wait til next year.

They'll probably be down to £40-£50k by then.

They may go down even further but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how much.

If you're a cash buyer and you get a 1-bed for £40k and rent it for £500 pcm you'll be making a gross return of 15% (I stress gross: there'll be lots of expenses).

That'll be pretty good going for 2009.

• Replies 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Well you call in the FBI and I'll get on the phone to the CIA, MI5 (or is it MI6?) and we'll get this deviant law-breaker, who's obviously attempting to undermine the entire Western way of life, shipped off to Guantanamo Bay pronto. :rolleyes:

BTW, according to the this website, the fine is up to £5,000.

Why all the hyperbole and sarcasm? Totally OTT!

The law regarding multiple occupancy was established for the protection of tenants (students included) from unscrupulous landlords.

It was not just a matter of protection from economic exploitation, but more importantly for safety reasons, particularly from the added risk of fire.

It is a criminal offence, and rightly so. There are a number of well publicised examples of students in particular, who have lost their lives due to this law being flouted.

I am surprised over your comments, particularly as you work in an establishment that is and should be responsible for student welfare!

Obviously not a team player!

I do hope you don't work in the accommodation section of Aberdeen University!

HOLA443
Wait til next year.

They'll probably be down to £40-£50k by then.

They may go down even further but I wouldn't hazard a guess as to how much.

If you're a cash buyer and you get a 1-bed for £40k and rent it for £500 pcm you'll be making a gross return of 15% (I stress gross: there'll be lots of expenses).

That'll be pretty good going for 2009.

There will still be a substantially better return ("If you're a cash buyer") than with £40,000 in the bank, possibly earning interest of between 0% to 2% in 2009!

HOLA444
Why all the hyperbole and sarcasm? Totally OTT!

The law regarding multiple occupancy was established for the protection of tenants (students included) from unscrupulous landlords.

It was not just a matter of protection from economic exploitation, but more importantly for safety reasons, particularly from the added risk of fire.

It is a criminal offence, and rightly so. There are a number of well publicised examples of students in particular, who have lost their lives due to this law being flouted.

I am surprised over your comments, particularly as you work in an establishment that is and should be responsible for student welfare!

Obviously not a team player!

I do hope you don't work in the accommodation section of Aberdeen University!

Had a sense of humour bypass recently?

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
I agree, but I am talking about 0% to 2% in 2009, which many pundits are predicting.

Indeed yes, but deflation is nothing to fear for savers. The exchange value of your money-in-the-bank (even at 0%) will be increasing as general prices in the economy fall month-on-month.

This is already the case if you have notionally hypothecated cash savings for property purchase.

Conversely, deflation is to be GREATLY feared by those with debit balances, whatever form they may take (from mortgages to overdrafts, and all forms of credit) as the real value of those balances will continue to increase, even if interest is being charged at 0%.

HOLA449
HOLA4410

dont know what your all on about. according to storie crudie simpson in westhill prices havnt fallen. infact its 10% over atm. nice of the lady to tell me. right that will be why iv watched 5 properties go from offers over.. to fixed at a higher ammount... (cheeky buggers) to reduced fixed..

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
There is a place stating 'price around' this is a new term to me :blink:

I've seen this a few times recently (do a search for Aurora...those "executive apartments" with the view over Craiggie prison).

This property below (sorry haven't been able to link it!) has been on the market for over a year. It was posted on this forum last year by someone when the property was advertised as "reduced for quick sale" I'd not seen that before. Anyway it obviously didn't work (can't think why!) and it's sitting there empty and costing the "owners" lots of money in council tax etc.

19 ASHGROVE ROAD, ABERDEEN, AB25 3AE

Fixed price of £249,900 includes all floor coverings, integrated appliances etc.

More Pictures LocationMap

HOLA4414

Hey Guys,

How do we get ASPC added to property Bee...There is a scotland thread but no action seems to have been taken.

If we can get ASPC added it would save us a lot of hassle plus give us loads of ammunition to beat down sellers.

Come on guys...get over to property bee and give them a hard time to add ASPC too so we can track all these houses for sale and get some decent reports generated..

HOLA4415
I've seen this a few times recently (do a search for Aurora...those "executive apartments" with the view over Craiggie prison).

This property below (sorry haven't been able to link it!) has been on the market for over a year. It was posted on this forum last year by someone when the property was advertised as "reduced for quick sale" I'd not seen that before. Anyway it obviously didn't work (can't think why!) and it's sitting there empty and costing the "owners" lots of money in council tax etc.

19 ASHGROVE ROAD, ABERDEEN, AB25 3AE

Fixed price of £249,900 includes all floor coverings, integrated appliances etc.

More Pictures LocationMap

Add to url bar or double click http://www-q.aspc.co.uk/cgi-bin/public/Liv...HHCKFNN#picture

Edited by Alba

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420

I expect this is just the start of things to come Euan...

The way some houses are still priced on ASPC, i cant see them ever shifting..

And we are heading into December January..

typically a time when nothing sells...if you can be bothered to leave the house to brace the weather..

Any fool still paying £200k for a 2 bed flat should be sectioned..!

HOLA4421

yeh 200k for a flat is a joke. got a mate who ..bought... (had bought for him) one of the flats at ferryhill right opposite the train bridge at the archers. bought for 120k odd 4 years ago. claimed it was worth 180k now. one in the next block for sale at offers over 170k. numerous break ins and cars vandalised noisy trains terrible build quiality.. i wouldnt pay 100k!

HOLA4422
splurge of property in aberdeen today

have aspc filter on £100k to £200K flats

last 3 months get sent 2/3 properties a day

Today 21 properties

Could this perhaps be rush of people getting their properties logged as "on the market" prior to midnight tonight?

Those properties will be exempt from the Single Seller Survey requirement.

If I'm right, I expect we'll see a commensurate dearth of properties coming onto the market next week and perhaps the week after and beyond.

HOLA4423
Could this perhaps be rush of people getting their properties logged as "on the market" prior to midnight tonight?

Those properties will be exempt from the Single Seller Survey requirement.

If I'm right, I expect we'll see a commensurate dearth of properties coming onto the market next week and perhaps the week after and beyond.

Yes was told to expect a rush prior to today

HOLA4424
HOLA4425