House Price Crash Forum

HOLA441

I might be wrong but I got a strong gut feeling that we are about to experience the mother of all callamities. I see economic collapse, a third world war, a total change of the global political landscape (new world order) followed by armagedon. But then I have drunk lots of wine....

By the way charlie mouse, the price of gold will increase monday morning, drop on late monday and tuesday and upset me on wednesday. Sorry about that everyone.

Call me a hifi buff but ive always fancied silver. Why is gold more highly prized than silver? I suppose the kings of old did not know about silvers amazing qualities. best conductor of electricity, best metal conductor of heat (only beaten by diamond as best thermal conductor and general hardcase. I love diamond especially in B&W tweeters, a mans best freind IMO). dooh now am babling like a fool. Golds good for luxuary fishing weights IMO, might kill the swans in style though.

Cgnao tell me about it? Burp....

Edited by azazel

• Replies 11.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
I might be wrong but I got a strong gut feeling that we are about to experience the mother of all callamities. I see economic collapse, a third world war, a total change of the global political landscape (new world order) followed by armagedon.

Apart from that, do you think anything bad is going to happen?

HOLA443
I might be wrong but I got a strong gut feeling that we are about to experience the mother of all callamities. I see economic collapse, a third world war, a total change of the global political landscape (new world order) followed by armagedon. But then I have drunk lots of wine....

Bit like the romans they are gone they had their armageddon but their gold is still the same.

Call me a hifi buff but ive always fancied silver. Why is gold more highly prized than silver? I suppose the kings of old did not know about silvers amazing qualities. best conductor of electricity, best metal conductor of heat (only beaten by diamond as best thermal conductor and general hardcase. I love diamond especially in B&W tweeters, a mans best freind IMO). dooh now am babling like a fool. Golds good for luxuary fishing weights IMO, might kill the swans in style though.

Gold has the qualities of a conker its very pretty but not much use - but it hooks into your emotions somehow

Silver is more useful but just has not got the appeal - my silver candlesticks are tarnishing.

Diamonds are for women - they do nothing for me.

HOLA444

Does any one know how much a tradesman got paid per day or week, in gold or silver throughout history? Im sure GOLDFINGER has a graph up his gold sleeve somewhere? Talking of sleeves....

The idea of a suit costs an ounce of gold is somewhat distorted by todays mass production. Asda do a suit for £20 I think.

HOLA445
HOLA446
I agree that this deflationary talk is getting ridiculous.

Deflation of gold is to be taken most seriously, in my opinion. If your krugs, britannias or whatever start getting smaller I'd blame it on the pesky pixies.

Happy weekend, all, I'm off for a couple of (amber-coloured) shorts. :)

Edited by wren

HOLA447

Federal Reserve accused of fraud.

Oh dear.

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/news/article....RTICLE_ID=59876

Here's a snippet:

"Gold's recent rise toward $900 per ounce shows that the price suppression scheme is faltering," the GATA ad reads. "When it is widely understood how central banks have been suppressing gold, its price may rise to $3,000 or $5,000 an ounce or more."

Edited by Pluto

HOLA448
Bit like the romans they are gone they had their armageddon but their gold is still the same.

Gold has the qualities of a conker its very pretty but not much use - but it hooks into your emotions somehow

Silver is more useful but just has not got the appeal - my silver candlesticks are tarnishing.

Diamonds are for women - they do nothing for me.

aww its blasphemy...

Silver oxide has the amazing quality of also being conductive. Its is matured silver.

Diamonds are for women?

I mean have you heard B&W speakers with thier diamond tweeters. Clearly the best aplication of diamond. You need to hear your favorite music through B&W 80?D. The ancient kings would have given you all their gold for such an experience. Get the ladies cubic zirconium, they wont know the difference (unless they try and dress a grindstone with it)

Edited by azazel

HOLA449
Does any one know how much a tradesman got paid per day or week, in gold or silver throughout history? Im sure GOLDFINGER has a graph up his gold sleeve somewhere? Talking of sleeves....

The idea of a suit costs an ounce of gold is somewhat distorted by todays mass production. Asda do a suit for £20 I think.

I used to know numbers from ancient times to early the 20th century in terms of silver. For wage reference a good historical standard is reckoned to be a private soldier in the army. I find this plausible because the economic value is likely similar in the broad scheme of things. I lost my old files on this (a lost hard disk) but we could seek them out again. If my memory doesn't fail, a typical labourer in 19th century U.S.A. earned about one ounce of silver a day.

Anyway, let's check this out. Information does exist from ancient Roman times, Anglo-Saxon times etc. Silver was generally a good standard, although its value changed radically after the South American supplies were opened to Europe.

Re Asda: a suit of what for 20 quid, man? :unsure: The one ounce story should surely be a top-notch three piece man's suit.

Really, I was trying to point out the likely radical undervaluation in 2001 and indeed as you say structural economic changes might well have invalidated that comparison. These are interesting fundamental economic considerations.

I wonder what "fair" value for an ounce of gold is?

Edited by wren

HOLA4410
Re Asda: a suit of what for 20 quid, man? :unsure: The one ounce story should surely be a top-notch three piece man's suit.

Forget cheap Asda suits. I'm sure that you'll find a good three piece suit in 1929 in the USA was 1oz gold. Same would apply today - well until gold lit the after burners !

Measuring assets we buy in gold is an interesting measure. Anyone have a chart for average house price in gold over the last 25 years ?

I think gold is more than its $ value on some chart. It has an emotional attachment which of course is the last thing that should enter into investment decision making. But witness 500+ pages on this thread. Knowing its stashed and outside the conventional economy does it for me. Sort of the ultimate Black Economy.

HOLA4411
Forget cheap Asda suits. I'm sure that you'll find a good three piece suit in 1929 in the USA was 1oz gold. Same would apply today - well until gold lit the after burners !

Measuring assets we buy in gold is an interesting measure. Anyone have a chart for average house price in gold over the last 25 years ?

I think gold is more than its $ value on some chart. It has an emotional attachment which of course is the last thing that should enter into investment decision making. But witness 500+ pages on this thread. Knowing its stashed and outside the conventional economy does it for me. Sort of the ultimate Black Economy.

You will not have to go far back in this thread before you come accross Guru Goldfingers Gold/Houseprice graph.

Basically houses cycle between 100oz and 700oz, think it woz 700oz in 2005 now 550oz for the average UK house and the USA is much the same.

The theory is simple most of the time keep your wealth in companies ie shares, in bad times secure it in gold.

To do this in the 20thC needed 4 trades, gold in the depression and gold in the 70's the rest of the time in the stock market, timing it perfectly would turn approx $200 into $1m

Edited by Compounded

HOLA4412

well I recon the tradesman who made suits when that comparison was "coined" were true tradesmen weaving fine wool from some cold scottish bleak hell hole (nothing changed there then...) and then crafted into the finest that a tailor could supply to the wealthist of bankers of the Rothchild dynasty. In this case Its got to be a Beckham type suit that could cost....... what do you think? Or do you prefere to compare the price of gold to an asda suit made in china?

HOLA4413
And on that note, the holdings have gone up AGAIN!

Jan 1st:

London New York Zurich

1,119.309 100.759 3,686.673

Update, Jan 17th:

London New York Zurich Dollars Euros Pounds

1,193.979 100.759 3,841.605 9,259,658.19 3,326,113.76 8,296,953.72

Jan 19th:

TOTAL 1,193.979 100.759 3,953.144 6,114,258.22 3,483,138.65 8,242,350.35

Jan 23rd:

1,231.226 100.759 4,025.662 13,800,959.78 3,853,177.40 7,832,031.98

Sorry if this is getting boring, but the Zurich vault growth is astonishing!

:blink: . $7M cash converted to Gold.

Jan 25th:

1,231.226 100.759 4,329.463 7,327,180.47 3,924,654.15 7,009,863.09

HOLA4414
Sorry if this is getting boring, but the Zurich vault growth is astonishing!

:blink: . $7M cash converted to Gold.

Jan 25th:

1,231.226 100.759 4,329.463 7,327,180.47 3,924,654.15 7,009,863.09

Oops, but whom might must one trust when it comes to money!

I wondered why the Zurich vault was so popular, am I missing something? :)

HOLA4415

Goldfinger, Guru of my life, you have made millionaires of so many of us on this thread. I worship and salute you.

p.s. FFS lets us all know when the best time is to sell and take our profit O mighty one. My ass and left eye is starting to twitch.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
Goldfinger, Guru of my life, you have made millionaires of so many of us on this thread. I worship and salute you.

p.s. FFS lets us all know when the best time is to sell and take our profit O mighty one. My ass and left eye is starting to twitch.

Prob is you need the estimate the value of your holdings.

The rest is speculation.

DYOR.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425
I agree that this deflationary talk is getting ridiculous.

How can we have a contracting money supply (deflation) when the central banks can keep pumping out the stuff and keep spreading it around like confetti???

If you really think the Fed stopped printing M3 to hide a contracting money supply then you need your head examining.

They have the ability to bail out EVERY SINGLE failed derivative on the planet if need be... even if that costs them $500 trillion+ to do so!! :blink:

I think ridiculous is a bit strong,

If 95% of the worlds money is debt and is secured against assets that are depreciating then these assets need to be sold to repay the loans. More money out of the system less money to lend.

If the commodities markets are being driven by speculative money then they will fall as debts need to be repaid, this is what seems to be happening.

If 5% of the worlds money is cash (not debt) and mostly held by overseas govts sovereign wealth funds generally poor countries then why would they want to pour this money in to a commodities hyperinflationary boom so as to crush their own people?

Why would the Oil countries want to push the price of oil in to orbit they would be killing the goose that laid the golden egg.

The goldilocks cycle of oil profits in to oil speculastion is reversing the reason as I see it is that a high price of oil our energy reduction technology will start to kick in.

So if less than 5% of of money is actual cash then how much effect can this have if the other 95% is debt?

I perfectly understand the principle that a bdbt default is inflationary and a debt repayment is deflationary. But if the winners of this game BRIC nations hold the purse strings then I think you maybe do not understand their motives after all they are no longer puppet nations serving their masters as they used to.

You seem to be stuck in some sort of 1970's time warp with strong unions, weak and greedy commodity producing nations and currencies not overloaded by debt.

Life on Mars anyone?