House Price Crash Forum

Oh My God- Utter Insanity In Brighton

HOLA441

Mate of mine did some work on these new build flats in brighton- they are on a main road & he said they are very ropey and cheap looking inside. Anyway, I was joking saying that they are probably going for about 300k or something mad like that.

Well.....I nearly fainted....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-729...=1&tr_t=buy

WHEN is this insanity going to end......please......I cant take anymore :ph34r:

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
Guest mattsta1964

Mate of mine did some work on these new build flats in brighton- they are on a main road & he said they are very ropey and cheap looking inside. Anyway, I was joking saying that they are probably going for about 300k or something mad like that.

Well.....I nearly fainted....

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/viewdetails-729...=1&tr_t=buy

WHEN is this insanity going to end......please......I cant take anymore :ph34r:

Prices from £649,500.................................for a 2 bedroom flat

:lol::lol::lol:

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

The views are very impressive (of the Pavilion), but they're right on the busiest road in Brighton in an area that swells with the drunken vomiting hoards on Friday and Saturday night. There was a murder about two hundred yards from here recently, and the park opposite is a gathering ground for boozers and the homeless. For 650k you can get a 5 bed detached not far from here. Of course, there are enough nutters out there who will pay this.

HOLA448

Prices from £649,500.................................for a 2 bedroom flat

:lol::lol::lol:

Absolute bargain. In twelve years at 20% per annum increases, that's a doubling about every 4 years they'll be £5000000 !!!

You can't lose assuming there's some muppet to buy it of you at the new price.

Year Approx price Average Wage Multiple approx

2006 £650,000 £30,000 22

2010 £1,300,000 £37,000 35

2014 £2,600,000 £44,000 59

2018 £5,200,000 £54,000 96

2022 £10,400,000 £65,000 160

So at current rates of average 20% yoy HPI and wage inflation at 5% (optomistic) by 2022 you'll be sitting on propert worth £10M earnig £65,000 a year paying of the mortgae on the original 650,000 of about £4000/ month is now only about 100% of your take home pay. And look at all the profit you'll make selling it on at £10M to the next muppet.

Since the multiple have not hit infinty I am sure the banks and lenders will find even more outrageious schemes to enable people to borrow enough to 'afford ' the propoert. Hey look in 2022 when obviousl no average individual can afford they could extend the multiple ownerships at a guess 5 times multiple will always be possible for the individual so therefore 32 persons could take shared ownership on 2 bed appartment. It may however be a bit cramped though there should be standing room for each.

So of course its all bound to continue as it has done for the past 10 years or so with 20% yoy hpi and 5% wage inflation.

The house will always earn more than you

There will always be new schemes coming along to prop this healthy market up.

Buy now before it's too late.... would you be able to afford it in a few years time, of course not, so buy now before it's too late.

(What a load of bollxs)

HOLA449

The views are very impressive (of the Pavilion), but they're right on the busiest road in Brighton in an area that swells with the drunken vomiting hoards on Friday and Saturday night. There was a murder about two hundred yards from here recently, and the park opposite is a gathering ground for boozers and the homeless. For 650k you can get a 5 bed detached not far from here. Of course, there are enough nutters out there who will pay this.

There is actually a house with a swimming pool and 5 bedrooms for sale up the coast for less than this!!

HOLA4410

location location. im not ruling these out.

Location - Allow me to rule out on your behalf then

The Glass Pavilion

A landmark development of nine prestigious 1 & 2 bedroom apartments in the heart of Brighton ……..by Natta Natty Country Homes

Situated in a prime location at the heart of the cosmopolitan city of Brighton, this state-of-the-art development has been built to complement the surrounding area.

These flats are on Skidrow-on-Sea's main road, beside a busy junction, on what is the most congested stretch of road in the town. Very busy all the time, and at weekends it's jammed 9am to 9pm solid with Sarf London grockles playing drum'n'bass from convertibles.

One of the most striking features of the spectacular building is its glass fronted façade, designed to capture the reflection of the majestic Royal Pavilion situated opposite.

The vibrant coastal city of Brighton nestles between the beautiful South Downs and the English Channel on the sunny southeastern shoreline of England. Its rich mix of seafront attractions, stunning architecture, lively arts scene and wealth of shopping and entertainment facilities unite to make it a truly exciting and enjoyable place to live.

"Vibrant" Handy if youre a junkie or a crack-head - there are plenty of rehab units or doss-houses nearby [for scoring/going cold turkey]

Originally a fishing village, Brighton was granted city status in 2002 and has since attracted considerable investment. Many of its Regency streets have been refurbished to their former splendour, and a plethora of trendy new bars, shops and restaurants have emerged, reflecting the thriving prosperity of the city.

Skidrow-On-Sea is a pretentious, debt-fuelled
town
with ideas well above it's station, but you can be sure it will be packed with other tossers like yourself

A shopper’s paradise, all the familiar high-street stores can be found under one roof in the city’s Churchill Square shopping mall, while quirky boutiques are waiting to be discovered in the charming maze of alleyways known as the Lanes. Renowned for its lively nightlife, Brighton also boasts an abundance of restaurants, pubs, wine bars and nightclubs.

Great place to spend your MEW [if you like shoving your way through grrl-gangs of Vicki pollards to get to the 80's style mall] No shortage of louts to puke on your "Winter Garden" on the way back to their B&Bs

As host to England’s biggest arts festival, Brighton features a vast array of cultural venues. From the beach front Artists’ Quarter to the Brighton & Hove Museum and

Art Gallery, the Brighton Dome and the Theatre Royal, the city is an important centre for visual and performance arts. Musical concerts, both classical and contemporary, are staged at the Dome and the Brighton Centre, and, for film lovers, there are three multi-screen cinemas and two art-house cinemas.

Place is stuffed with jugglers and "alternative" beggars, though to be fair you'll get a reprive during the summer months, as many leave for Glastonbury - it takes them a few months to beg their way back to Brighton for September

With excellent transport links, Brighton is within easy commuting distance of London, Gatwick Airport and the South East by both road and rail. From the city’s mainline station, frequent trains run directly to London with a journey time of under an hour.

Off Peak. For Commuters, you'll get a slightly slower train journey than in Victorian times, but London in 1hr 15mins standing underground-style twice a day, 5 days a week is not bad in return for living the dream in "London-by-Sea"

If you have other questions about this property, please telephone 0845 408 3248 (low call rate).

(high screw rate)

They are very selective with their "surrounding area" pictures. "surrounding" as in a 2 mile radius :lol:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

"in Brighton"................

...The pisspot of Sussex.

I've seen these flats - they are shite. Although some would have a view of the Pavillion which would be nice. I'd rather get a postcard of it though than pay that!

HOLA4413
Guest Bart of Darkness

WTF is a glazed winter garden?

It's a standard Winter Garden, but viewed through the glazed eyes of muppets who have sold their soul to live in these overpriced flats.

HOLA4414

I think they are worth every penny. Where else in the World, apart from St Petersburg, can you get a flat with a glazed winter garden?

WTF is a glazed winter garden?

Fully enclosed balcony?

If so, winter will be the only time the occupants will be able to bear being in it.

HOLA4415

Absolute bargain. In twelve years at 20% per annum increases, that's a doubling about every 4 years they'll be £5000000 !!!

You can't lose assuming there's some muppet to buy it of you at the new price.

Year Approx price Average Wage Multiple approx

2006 £650,000 £30,000 22

2010 £1,300,000 £37,000 35

2014 £2,600,000 £44,000 59

2018 £5,200,000 £54,000 96

2022 £10,400,000 £65,000 160

So at current rates of average 20% yoy HPI and wage inflation at 5% (optomistic) by 2022 you'll be sitting on propert worth £10M earnig £65,000 a year paying of the mortgae on the original 650,000 of about £4000/ month is now only about 100% of your take home pay. And look at all the profit you'll make selling it on at £10M to the next muppet.

Since the multiple have not hit infinty I am sure the banks and lenders will find even more outrageious schemes to enable people to borrow enough to 'afford ' the propoert. Hey look in 2022 when obviousl no average individual can afford they could extend the multiple ownerships at a guess 5 times multiple will always be possible for the individual so therefore 32 persons could take shared ownership on 2 bed appartment. It may however be a bit cramped though there should be standing room for each.

So of course its all bound to continue as it has done for the past 10 years or so with 20% yoy hpi and 5% wage inflation.

The house will always earn more than you

There will always be new schemes coming along to prop this healthy market up.

Buy now before it's too late.... would you be able to afford it in a few years time, of course not, so buy now before it's too late.

(What a load of bollxs)

If they are really sh*te flats then they'll be ideal for tennants!

Here's my idea: Lets all form an investors club and stump up the necessary £97,500 deposit! Maybe we'll even get a discount.

HOLA4416
HOLA4417

I wasn't feeling too bad till I read this - it's sent me on a downer the rest of the day :( absolutely outrageous. I really miss old Brighton, it's all money, ponce and chavs now. I grew up there but literally wouldn't live there if I was paid to.

HOLA4418

I have something to say about these damn flats...

I also know someone who was working for quite a while on them, a company of builders.

The developer is so-far refusing to pay them which is causing extreme difficulties. No justifiable reason, he just knows that it'll be very difficult to get their money back.

HOLA4419

I have something to say about these damn flats...

I also know someone who was working for quite a while on them, a company of builders.

The developer is so-far refusing to pay them which is causing extreme difficulties. No justifiable reason, he just knows that it'll be very difficult to get their money back.

Get Schnews onto it. And the Argus.

I wasn't feeling too bad till I read this - it's sent me on a downer the rest of the day :( absolutely outrageous. I really miss old Brighton, it's all money, ponce and chavs now. I grew up there but literally wouldn't live there if I was paid to.

Pisspot of Sussex... it has a rapidly ageing population too. The older luvvies are the only ones who can afford to move there now. Although I do know a property developer in Brighton who says there's no money to be made there anymore. He hasn't bought there for the last 18 months. Tells me all I need to know.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
  • 1 month later...
HOLA4422

Do I detect the distinct taste of bitterness on this thread :huh:

Fully agree about the glass pavillion, it is completely overpriced and the road it is on is full of traffic and piss heads.

Brighton is IMO the best city in the UK by far. How do I know. Well let me list the places I have lived (yes lived for more than a few months in the UK).

Derby

Nottingham

Stoke-On-Trent

Bristol

Exeter

London (6 Years) SE, SW and N

Hull

Manchester

Bournemouth

Winchester

Sidmouth

On top of this I have lived in Spain for two years and France for a year.

Out of all of these places I find Brighton the most interesting place to live. I took a 7.16am train to London last week as I had a meeting at 9am on Edgware Road. Plenty of seats on the train (I had to share a table with one other person). I arrived in Victoria at 8.15, just under an hour. Granted it cost me the best part of £20 but it was a much more relaxed journey than the 35 minutes from Blackheath,London SE3 that I had to endure for years.

I avoid West Street like the plague, full of chavs. Hove is a nice part of town and the North Laines. As an example flats in the new Vibe development were going for £250k, these were well kitted out and 2 bed, 2 bath. IMO this is not bad for the centre of a city in the South East.

The homeless problem in Brighton is a shame and with it comes the drug problem (the two things obviously come hand in hand). I hate this element to Brighton as I am not the most sympathetic of people when it comes to scroungers. I thought this was going to be a massive hurdle for me to overcome but actually I don't really notice it any more and I've only been living here for 2 years. Of course you get the big issue people but I dont let this ruin my life. The thing I like about Brighton is that it is slightly different from your magnolia/grey towns and cities with the usual mix of flourescent shop signs and hoodies hanging around outside of kebab houses.

Of course I am biased as I live in Brighton. May be I have the rose tinted specs on B)

And whoever said that Brighton has an ageing population is sadly misinformed http://www.upmystreet.com/local/my-neighbo.../l/bn1+2ay.html

Obviously projects like the Glass Pavillion are laughably overpriced but I have been looking at buying a new build flat around the £250k mark which is 2 bed and in Hove. It is only 5-10 mins from the station and is built to a high standard. The flat itself is just over 900 square foot and has two outdoor patio areas. Do you think it is worth waiting to see what happens as I have been doing this now for 2 years? Is Hove going to implode or is it reasonably priced as the area has been redeveloped?

Any constructive advice would be welcome.

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425

Well said adibrown!

I've been renting in Brighton since I moved here to study at Sussex uni, and I absolutely love it here! I don't entertain any ideas of buying here though. If you want to know the real 'piss-pot' of the Sussex coast, look no farther than my hometown of Hastings. Now, not only an ultra-depressed ghosttown outside of summer, it's also now ridiculously over-priced to boot. Tragic.