House Price Crash Forum

Monday In The Markets Might Get Interesting -- Forget I R

HOLA441
Guest donall

Sledgehead -

The thrust of your arguement is correct - but the Shankhill Road is not a Republican Area in belfast- you are thinking of the Falls Road.

There is a lot of parallels between N. Ireland and Israel/Palestine but the response of the British government/army has never been anything like what Israel gets up to on a good day. Perhaps this is due to the fact that only Northern Ireland is being fought over and not the right for the UK to exist.

(Sic)

I can't wait till this tat in Lebannon blows over so I can pickup some nice apartments in Beirut on the cheap.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Sledgehead -

The thrust of your arguement is correct - but the Shankhill Road is not a Republican Area in belfast- you are thinking of the Falls Road.

There is a lot of parallels between N. Ireland and Israel/Palestine but the response of the British government/army has never been anything like what Israel gets up to on a good day. Perhaps this is due to the fact that only Northern Ireland is being fought over and not the right for the UK to exist.

(Sic)

I can't wait till this tat in Lebannon blows over so I can pickup some nice apartments in Beirut on the cheap.

Right on! You saw what our friend SH just could not see. Its all about the right to exist and Israel's fight to survive against their neighbour's denial of this right. What would we do in the same circumstances? Falklands+++++

HOLA443

How do YOU know the thoughts of so many people? See. personally, I have a faint suspicion that many IRA leaders just wanted power, and being in a gang with guns gav ethem that. Isn't that what a lot of so called "freedom figters" are? Others truly believe in "the cause" whatever that is. Hitler youth believed Germans were a master race. A bet a few hours serving in a concentration camp disabused a good few about that notion.

You seem to view the world in black and white. So hezbollah might have a charter, rather like Christians do. Do you follow every word of the bible? Your problem is you have failed to distinguish between followers and religious / political movements. the latter are often fundamentalist, the former, rarely.

.. what a surprise... and I note you have chosen not to answer my question on whether you have knowingly donated to Irish republican movements with terrorist wings.

I am a citizen of the world. My nationality is irrelevant and if you read my posts properly you will see I take no sides but merely draw paralles and ask questions.

I missed a point???? Once again it is you who chose to miss the point that I made in my first post and reitterated above.

Rubbish! Hezbollah are an armed terror group operating out of lebanon, just as the IRA operated at least in part, out of S Ireland. When they tried to murder our government WE DID NOT strike Ireland as Israel has Lebanon. Why do you continue to press such a flawed hypothesis?

... anyway, I've made my point to those who choose to listen. I've spent too long on previous threads on finance and religion repeating points over and over in the hope you will honestly acknowledge them. You are no gentleman sir, and I will not be conversing with you further on this thread, tho I may, as I see fit, respond to others.

Are you one of those guys that knocks on my door to wake me up on a Sunday morning preaching about religion and god and how is hould join their sect to receive enlightenment and joy into my life through GOD?

If you want to preach religion and god why not do it at a God forum this is a financial forum where the topic is the housing market, God has nothing to do with it just like he has absolutely zero zilch nader nothing to do with any event on this Earth Ever!!

I bet you still believe the world was created in days even though there is unquestionable proof it was not and that homosexuals will go to hell because they were born attracted totheir own sex.

Before you start preaching about war remember what is at the the root of all major wars.. religion.

Now go tell your story to some dreamy religion loving individual who does not have the guts or strength to understand this life is what you make it and God will not help you here on Earth, not now, not ever. IF he does exist you will find out all when you die and no sooner so live your life.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Are you one of those guys that knocks on my door to wake me up on a Sunday morning preaching about religion and god and how is hould join their sect to receive enlightenment and joy into my life through GOD?

If you want to preach religion and god why not do it at a God forum this is a financial forum where the topic is the housing market, God has nothing to do with it just like he has absolutely zero zilch nader nothing to do with any event on this Earth Ever!!

I bet you still believe the world was created in days even though there is unquestionable proof it was not and that homosexuals will go to hell because they were born attracted totheir own sex.

Before you start preaching about war remember what is at the the root of all major wars.. religion.

Now go tell your story to some dreamy religion loving individual who does not have the guts or strength to understand this life is what you make it and God will not help you here on Earth, not now, not ever. IF he does exist you will find out all when you die and no sooner so live your life.

Well said--I agree totally but I think Sledgehead will not be so agreeable.

We all have a religion of one kind or another from believing in nothing (Pure atheist--none of these around) to the Religion of the Great Green Leprechaun. As for proof of anything, its all based on observation. Science is taking some data applying tests and observing the results. The rest is faith just like most of us have faith that a HPC is going to happen. Its not scientific but the data points toward it. You could say HPCers are the "believer's" and the BUlls the "Non-believers." Whose faith will win will have to be decided from hindsight.

When Mt. St. Helens blew trees were fossilised in hours or a few days. Ravines hundreds of metres deep were cut in minutes from water pressure. So how long did it take to form planet earth? As no one was there to do any scientific tests we have to believe what someone else thinks happened.

Religion is at the root of all human thought. Religion is belief in a set of rules that are applied, usually inconsistently, to any given set of situtations. Remove this from the human thought process and you have a true automaton. The huge variety of religions reflects the huge variety of human thought patterns. Most people think they are right in their own eyes and as Stalin would say: what is done in the name of the State is authorized by the state. Or as Hitler would say " I am the State." The religion of power can be dangerous as history has proven.

The nice thing about religion is you get to choose which one you like. Whether you are right or wrong can only be determined from hindsight and in the meantime its correctness or otherwise is just your or someone elses opinion. Find enough people to believ as you do and you can start a new movement or "faith" in something--an HPC Faith!

HOLA447

"Are you one of those guys that knocks on my door to wake me up on a Sunday morning preaching about religion and god and how is hould join their sect to receive enlightenment and joy into my life through GOD?"

Impartial....are you referring to Sledgehead here?....

HOLA448
HOLA449

The nice thing about religion is you get to choose which one you like.

Unless you grow up in a Muslim country. There they kill you if you convert to another faith. Muslim religion is not about belief, it is about suppression, most of the others are about choice and belief.

I've looked at all of them, and the one that comes out on top (if actually put in to practise) is the Christian faith. Jesus either was he who he said he was or not, and that is the choice we all have to make. Most don't believe he was the Son of God, that's their choice, we'll all find out who was right when we die, because there is a right and wrong answer and what could be more important in this life than searching for that fundamental truth.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Taking a leaf out of the Americans battle book...

Israel troops 'ignored' UN plea

Israel had hit Khiam a number of times earlier on Tuesday

UN peacekeepers in south Lebanon contacted Israeli troops 10 times before an Israeli bomb killed four of them, an initial UN report says.

The post was hit by a precision-guided missile after six hours of shelling nearby, diplomats familiar with the initial probe into the deaths say.

The news came as crisis talks in Rome failed to call for an immediate ceasefire between Hezbollah and Israel.

Reports say up to 13 Israeli soldiers died in the latest fighting.

The four unarmed UN observers from Austria, Canada, China and Finland, died after their UN post was hit by an Israeli air strike on Tuesday.

The UN report says each time the UN contacted Israeli forces, they were assured the firing would stop.

Israel is conducting an investigation into the deaths, and has rejected accusations made by UN Secretary General Kofi Annan that the targeting of the UN position was "apparently deliberate".

In southern Lebanon, fierce clashes have continued between Israeli forces and Hezbollah fighters around the town of Bint Jbail.

Israel has not confirmed any deaths from among its soldiers, but says there have been 20 casualties.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/middle_east/5217176.stm

Edited by RichB

HOLA4413

Sledgehead -

oops! RB winds me up, what can I say?

Firstly, factually you are wrong:

"The IRA fostered links with German intelligence (the Abwehr) and Foreign Ministry, with men such as Francis Stuart travelling to Germany to talk, though these attempts were largely ineffectual due to a combination of Abwehr and Foreign Ministry incompetence and IRA weakness. [6]. Germans also came to Ireland, the most notable of whom was Hermann Görtz, who was captured in possession of "Plan Kathleen"- an IRA plan that detailed a Nazi supported invasion of Northern Ireland." (The Emergency)

The IRA were bonbing the UK as Hitler was invading Poland for crissakes!

Secondly, even if you were not factually incorrect (tho you are) , you have let specifics blind you to the generalities. I ask you to consider:

Is the nation state of Israel opposed by Hezbollah in every territory of the globe, or only in "the holy land"?

Was the nation state of Great Britain opposed by the IRA in every territory of the globe, or only in the north of Ireland?

If Israel converted to an Islamic state would they be allowed to stay in "the holy land"?

If the UK declared N.Ireland, Irish and Catholic, would the IRA have been satisfied?

Dress it up how you like, these situations are facsimilies. The general populations are drawn in using the old hypnotic of religion, but make no mistake, this is about land rights for people with certain allegiences. A good old fashioned turf war.

What the hell are you talking about ??????? I'm agnostic / borderline atheist and I challenge you to find anything I've said to refute this. Realist Bear is our resident bible basher, and thanks to you, fool, the guy thinks he has a mate.

Edited by Sledgehead

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Well said--I agree totally but I think Sledgehead will not be so agreeable.

We all have a religion of one kind or another from believing in nothing (Pure atheist--none of these around) to the Religion of the Great Green Leprechaun. As for proof of anything, its all based on observation. Science is taking some data applying tests and observing the results. The rest is faith just like most of us have faith that a HPC is going to happen. Its not scientific but the data points toward it. You could say HPCers are the "believer's" and the BUlls the "Non-believers." Whose faith will win will have to be decided from hindsight.

When Mt. St. Helens blew trees were fossilised in hours or a few days. Ravines hundreds of metres deep were cut in minutes from water pressure. So how long did it take to form planet earth? As no one was there to do any scientific tests we have to believe what someone else thinks happened.

This has got to be the stuppidest combination of post I have ever seen! :lol:

Impartial accuses me, an agnostic / borderline atheist of being a religious nut and tells me to take my (no-existent) beliefs elsewhere.

Realistbear, a proclaimed born-gain christian, agrees with him "totally" and then trots out a load of christian apologist pseudo -science explaining why the earth is only a few thousand years old.

Classic RealistBear. :lol:

HOLA4416

Give me a clue, it's not bibles is it?

UKC

I put this on the Investment Thread months ago when it was around 1.38. I bought into it because it seemed like coal would be a good bet with the energy crisis and new technology making coal environmently friendly. The Aussies thought coal was viable if oil hit $35bbl. We are on the way to who-knows-what but way beyond $36.

UK COAL (LSE:UKC.L) Edit

Last Trade: 193.50 p

Trade Time: 2:26PM

Change: Up 5.50 (2.93%)

Prev Close: 188.00

Open: 186.00

Bid: 192.00

Ask: 193.25

1y Target Est: 155.00

Key buy recommendation today.

KEY STATISTICS

52 wks change(1 yr): +13.08%

Yield: N/A

Div Date: 17-Jun-05

Ex-Div: N/A

Gold is too volatile and it doesn't provide electricity. When the lights look like they are going out coal will once agin become King.

HOLA4417

there is a right and wrong answer and what could be more important in this life than searching for that fundamental truth.

Scientists search. What is it you do? Oh yeah: believe. That ain't no search m8.

"Are you one of those guys that knocks on my door to wake me up on a Sunday morning preaching about religion and god and how is hould join their sect to receive enlightenment and joy into my life through GOD?"

Impartial....are you referring to Sledgehead here?....

Why do we hang out here anymore when all the neurons have gone Global, eh D? To see the bearded lady (RB?) I guess ....

HOLA4418

Scientists search. What is it you do? Oh yeah: believe. That ain't no search m8.

Why do we hang out here anymore when all the neurons have gone Global, eh D? To see the bearded lady (RB?) I guess ....

I believe after the search. My background as a lawyer taught me to weigh the evidence and come down with a view based on the preponderance of evidence.

Proving that God exists is the simple part because every philospher from Socrates through Malc Muggeridge believe in some form of a "god." For the Greek philosophers "god" was the "first cause" or original being from which all being flowed. As we have discussed ad nauseum before, even our eminent scientists Bert Einstein and Stevie Hawking accept "god" or an order from which order came. The mathematical odds of random bits of information in the universe coming together to form even the most basic form of life are too great for contemplation. Denial that a creator/orderer exists is to believe the opposite: that random matters forms itself into complex order. Its much like the ancient belief in spontaneous generation--that life springs from innate matter magically and without the intervention of a higher power.

The real question for the agnostic (Greek for "without knowledge" or, a-gnosis meaning against knowledge)is what system of belief is the correct one. It is impossible for a rqational human being to refute anything Jesus acually taught and even those who oppose "Christianity" find no error in its founder. Muslims, for example, accept Jesus as the great prophet who was without sin. INstead the Bible bashers will attack what certain "christians" do and say that proves that their belief system is faulty. Its the same as a convicted criminal arguing in front of a judge that what he did was not against the law because the law is what people do. Bottom line: Christian is as Christian does.

How do you know your form of agnosticism-atheism is the right one? Do you have proof?

I believe in the coming HPC. I haven't seen it but that doesn't matter because the signs all point to it. Faith? Undoubtedly but no different to the faith of the Bulls who claim house prices never go down--that takes fare mor efaith in my view than to believe in the economic cycle.

HOLA4419

The IRA were not to be copmpared with Hezbollah. Their aim was to incorporate NI into the Republic and to use whatevr methods they saw fit to accomplish that goal. The killing of Brits was a means to an end. For Hezbollah the killing of Jews is the end. A big difference.

BTW, I am a Brit born in London. Lived in the US for many years. I am also part Irish with a grandparent from that country--from the South. The other grandparents were all born in England. Are you a Brit or from one of the countries involved in the ME cris today?

My take on Ireland is to go with the democratic vote of the people who are concerned. As NI voted in a referendum to stay with the UK thats the end of the story IMO. My point, which you missed, was why should Israel be denied the right to defend it self against extremists when we would do the same thing if the same kind of trouble had been coming from a neighbouring country such as Ireland.

Although Israel's existence was sanctioned by the UN in 1947 many people dont recognise it as a legitimate state.

As the Iranian President says, its creation was a direct result of the Nazi Holocaust and the displaced Palestinians have therefore been stitched up by both the Nazis and the Western governments since then who're afraid to upset the Jews in any way..................The power of the neo-con Jewish lobby in the US is out of all proportion to the number of Jews in the US....who i think only make up 2.5% of the population...........The US is a very large insular country and this has made it easy for the neo-cons to hijack the government's foreign policy.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

I believe after the search. My background as a lawyer taught me to weigh the evidence and come down with a view based on the preponderance of evidence.

Proving that God exists is the simple part because every philospher from Socrates through Malc Muggeridge believe in some form of a "god." For the Greek philosophers "god" was the "first cause" or original being from which all being flowed. As we have discussed ad nauseum before, even our eminent scientists Bert Einstein and Stevie Hawking accept "god" or an order from which order came. The mathematical odds of random bits of information in the universe coming together to form even the most basic form of life are too great for contemplation. Denial that a creator/orderer exists is to believe the opposite: that random matters forms itself into complex order. Its much like the ancient belief in spontaneous generation--that life springs from innate matter magically and without the intervention of a higher power.

The real question for the agnostic (Greek for "without knowledge" or, a-gnosis meaning against knowledge)is what system of belief is the correct one. It is impossible for a rqational human being to refute anything Jesus acually taught and even those who oppose "Christianity" find no error in its founder. Muslims, for example, accept Jesus as the great prophet who was without sin. INstead the Bible bashers will attack what certain "christians" do and say that proves that their belief system is faulty. Its the same as a convicted criminal arguing in front of a judge that what he did was not against the law because the law is what people do. Bottom line: Christian is as Christian does.

How do you know your form of agnosticism-atheism is the right one? Do you have proof?

I believe in the coming HPC. I haven't seen it but that doesn't matter because the signs all point to it. Faith? Undoubtedly but no different to the faith of the Bulls who claim house prices never go down--that takes fare mor efaith in my view than to believe in the economic cycle.

Do I have proof???! Yeah, right, like I even wanna start. Sorry, but I have some clouds to gaze at whilst the market does / does not do my bidding. I'll let you believe it's doing yours and that your god exists and that you really are some kind of financial advisor or whatever. I really don't give a monkey's old boy. Meanwhile the Mid East is proving how stupid religion is. Cheer up, you might get your prayed for armageddon yet or whatever you dispensationalists (or whatever cult it is you are) hope for.

Oh, here's another nail in your coffin : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/5201326.stm

Been most enjoyable RB as ever :lol:

HOLA4422

Do I have proof???! Yeah, right, like I even wanna start. Sorry, but I have some clouds to gaze at whilst the market does / does not do my bidding. I'll let you believe it's doing yours and that your god exists and that you really are some kind of financial advisor or whatever. I really don't give a monkey's old boy. Meanwhile the Mid East is proving how stupid religion is. Cheer up, you might get your prayed for armageddon yet or whatever you dispensationalists (or whatever cult it is you are) hope for.

Oh, here's another nail in your coffin : http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/humber/5201326.stm

Been most enjoyable RB as ever :lol:

How do they know the reptile is 70 million years old and not 170 million years? <_<

People are stupid and their religions just as stupid. people are, in fact, their religions. Hence wars and conflict.

For now, its market time and hwo to play the HPC to maximum advantage. I am following a great deal of what Warren "The Sage" Buffett said: cash, utility stocks, and out of IR sensitive stuff, espcially the overplayed commodities. You should have bought into Coal as it was a contrarian investment a few months ago. When the crowd gets in its time to sell again and look for something else. Houses have long since reached their sell by date as their "value" is delusional given the fundamentals.

HOLA4423

:lol: Are there any listed koran printers?

Chemring if it approaches the 200mda anytime soon? Disclaimer: much as I dislike the idea, own a couple of shares in Chemring myself. :(

I don't know what it is but he sure doesn’t want to let on. Oh, hang on a mo, buy into cash and utility stocks, and out of IR sensitive stuff.

Thanks RB. :D

HOLA4424

I am following a great deal of what Warren "The Sage" Buffett said:

So why are you bullish on the dollar, eh?

You choose your sages like you choose your religion: not to guide your actions but to justify them.

Cheers RB. I'd like to say it's been nice and it has been real, but that would be lying both ways! :lol:

HOLA4425

It's taken me a lot of time to look over today's posts on this thread and I'm afraid the infamous article of Zola springs to mind; J'accuse Sledgehead, North London Rent Girl (an apt name if ever there was one) and Tahoma of gross anti-Semitism.

Realist Bear has made numerous sound points on the present day situation in Israel as well as giving us all a history lesson in the Law as laid down to Moses - Commandments which hold as true today as they did then.

Some pro-Palestinian slyly drew our attention to the supposed "shelling" of 7 Palestinian children on a beach in 'Gaza'. The Guardianistas and combined forces of the Left were only too quick to jump upon this supposed '"massacre". However, a fact I suspect is little known is that those poor children were not killed by IDF shelling but by an unexploded bomb; tragic but in no way deliberate. Is this fact reported by our little friends at the BBC? Of course not. Rather like the Jenin "massacre" - yes you remember that "massacre" by the IDF which was proven to be load of nonsense. Not that it bothered the totally impartial :lol::lol::lol::lol: Orla Guerin.

This demonisation of Israel, and by extension the Jewish people, is nothing more than an updated version of the blood libel which motivated Hitler and many other fascists in their wish to exterminate an entire race.