House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Realistbear

Monday In The Markets Might Get Interesting -- Forget I R

http://www.forbes.com/technology/feeds/ap/.../ap2896403.html

Associated Press

Israel Massing Military on Lebanon Border
By SAM F. GHATTAS , 07.21.2006, 03:59 PM
Israel massed tanks and troops on the border, called up reserves and warned civilians to flee Hezbollah-controlled southern Lebanon as it prepared Friday for a likely ground invasion.

If the conflict spreads into Syria (Hezbollah's backers) there is a possibility that the US and UK will be forced to intervene which may be an opportune moment to pacify the region. Anyone notice any unusual air traffic around Lakenheath tonight?

What do stocks, asset bubbles and oil dependent nations do when full scale war happens or begins to look like its going to happen?

The key word to remeber is "if."

If the conflict spreads into Syria (Hezbollah's backers) there is a possibility that the US and UK will be forced to intervene which may be an opportune moment to pacify the region.

What do stocks, asset bubbles and oil dependent nations do when full scale war happens or begins to look like its going to happen?

The key word to remeber is "if."

If....

...a possibility that....

...maybe....

...US/UK forced to intervene...

....full scale war....

= er, end of HPI.

RB, you're swiftly becoming a caricature of yourself.

Israel need a taste of their own piss!

f*ck wits need a taste of their own medicine, why so heavy handed?

i never thought i would say this but i hope lebanon and syria tear them a new a55hole.

War is a very good business for some people. I often wonder what would happen if our very own British Government forbid any British citizen to leave Lebanon - would Israel continue this act of mass murder? The reason this is happening now is that this is part of a larger picture. Iran will be next. WE have troops places strategically in Afghanistan for the push to Iran. the reason, well read this:

http://www.energybulletin.net/12125.html

i never thought i would say this but i hope lebanon and syria tear them a new a55hole.

Israel have been too heavy handed, but then if your neighbours hated you, told everyone they wanted to annihilate you, sent suicide bombers and rockets intermittently into your back garden, you'd eventually lose your temper. Ever since Mohammad started murdering Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians the Middle East has been a mess. Before Islam came along the different religions co-existed reasonably well. Islam (not fundamentalist either) preaches of two worlds, the world in submission to Allah and the world at war. Muslims are taught that the world must be submitted to Islam, if talking people into it doesn't work, then you must use the sword. That is how Islam spread (it never spread peacefully but by conquering) and that is how they are aiming to spread it now. Muslims are bought up hating Jews and Christians, I have travelled to Muslim countries, and the people think Hitler was the best thing since sliced bread because of all the Jews tyhe Nazis killed. The worst things I have heard spoken about Islam are from people who have converted from it themselves. It is a truly horrendous religion; aggressive, oppressive, racist and sexist. It is a blight on our planet.

Israel have been too heavy handed, but then if your neighbours hated you, told everyone they wanted to annihilate you, sent suicide bombers and rockets intermittently into your back garden, you'd eventually lose your temper. Ever since Mohammad started murdering Jews, Christians and Zoroastrians the Middle East has been a mess. Before Islam came along the different religions co-existed reasonably well. Islam (not fundamentalist either) preaches of two worlds, the world in submission to Allah and the world at war. Muslims are taught that the world must be submitted to Islam, if talking people into it doesn't work, then you must use the sword. That is how Islam spread (it never spread peacefully but by conquering) and that is how they are aiming to spread it now. Muslims are bought up hating Jews and Christians, I have travelled to Muslim countries, and the people think Hitler was the best thing since sliced bread because of all the Jews tyhe Nazis killed. The worst things I have heard spoken about Islam are from people who have converted from it themselves. It is a truly horrendous religion; aggressive, oppressive, racist and sexist. It is a blight on our planet.

http://video.google.co.uk/videoplay?docid=...425952359751341

The Christian fundie nutters need to rebuild the Temple before they can cause Armageddon, silly.

What the fundamentalists fail to realise is that the true descendants of Abraham are not just biological Jews but those who are justified by faith. The "Temple" was torn down in 70 A.D. in alignment with Jesus' prophecy in about 30 A.D. when the Roman Emperor Domitian order the destruction of the nation of Isael and for the Temple to be levelled not leaving one stone upon the other (they did this partly for economic reasons because the burning of the Temple caused the gold clad walls and ceilings to melt with the metal finding its way into the cracks of the stones--not a lot of people know that). Jesus was specific in relation to the "Temple made with hands" and the one "Not made with hands." The new Temple is that of the Holy Spirit--inside each believer. Thus, the rebuilding of the Temple is really not important to the end time scenario which Biblically at least, points to an economic and geo-political scenario that happens to involve Israel caught in the middle of a wider conflict relating to world trade and credit systems.

Israel has been the target of genocide for centuries beginning with the Greeks under Antiochus Epiphanes, the Romans, the Germans and now the Muslims nations of one kind or another. They are still standing despite all the odds for a reason.

The other mistake fundamentalists tend to make is that they can somehow force history to play out according to their interpretation of the prophecies. Rarely do things ever turn out the way we think they should and it is usually from hindsight that we see how the pieces of the puzzle fell in place.

That all said, the pieces of the puzzle do seem to be starting to fit together to form a recogniseable picture. :)

Probably doesn't help much that they hide amongst the civilian population with the intention of making any strike on them look hideous. Can't fight? No problem, just use human shields! I think to only blame the Israelies is probably not quite right, they have made concessions but still the rockets come.

I king of agree with The Dude though, I suspect this is more strategic move by the west to try check Syria and Iran. If we do end up in a recession/bear market, I think we all agree it will be pretty severe. This will probably be our way out of it. Nuts isn't it!!!?

:blink:

Israel are the true terrorist state, the aggressors, forcing people from their homes at gunpoint, killing women and children. Because our media is so biased toward vilifying Muslims most people don't know the true nature of Israel's brutality. I'm not taking sides here, all religion is a crutch for a weak mind IMO. However, Israel are not to be trusted!

Israel are the true terrorist state, the aggressors, forcing people from their homes at gunpoint, killing women and children. Because our media is so biased toward vilifying Muslims most people don't know the true nature of Israel's brutality. I'm not taking sides here, all religion is a crutch for a weak mind IMO. However, Israel are not to be trusted!

Given the chance, I'm certain Muslims would do the same to the Jews, even wipe them off the face of the Earth some would say.

:rolleyes:

The fact that they are not doing it is because Israel has a much stronger/better fighting force than their opponents. Personally, I think the media are vilifying the Israelies and as usual I have ignored anything they say on the issue because most are full of cr*p.

Totally agree about your call on religion though, talk about a way to oppress people and avoid responsibilty for a persons actions.

<_<

Edit: The big loser is of course Lebanon. Shame that they have been scrificed for the wests wider strategic aims as they seemed to be pointing west before this happened. It will probably give Syria the upper hand.

Edited by Golden Shower

This is a stage managed war. The USA announced that years ago when they said they will attack all states that harbor or finance terrorists.

For the United States, the broader goal is to strangle the axis of Hezbollah, Hamas, Syria and Iran, which the Bush administration believes is pooling resources to change the strategic playing field in the Middle East....

<_<

July 21, 2006 -- The current Israeli assault on Lebanon was stage-managed between the government of Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert and neocons in the Bush administration, according to well-connected sources in the nation's capital. The Bush administration had prior knowledge of and supported Israel's planned attacks on Gaza and Lebanon, the sources have revealed. In addition, there was no move by the Bush administration to warn Americans in the Occupied Palestinian Territories or Lebanon to leave the areas before the Israeli invasions. No travel warnings were issued to U.S. citizens in an attempt to mask Israeli attack plans, an action that resulted in last-minute Dunkirk-like sea evacuations of foreigners from Lebanon.

The first indication that Israel pre-planned its assault on the Palestinians came early this month when the Israelis began denying entry to the West Bank to Palestinians holding U.S. passports. The U.S. Embassy in Tel Aviv and the U.S. Consulate in Jerusalem refused to intervene with Israel, claiming it was the decision of a sovereign nation. The denial of entry to Palestinian-Americans was a violation of the Oslo Accords and the Geneva Conventions. The United States does not officially recognize Israeli sovereignty over the Occupied Palestinian Territories.

Washington insiders report that the Bush administration's coordination with Israel in the attacks on Hamas and Hezbollah involve the official adoption of the white paper, "A Clean Break: New Strategies for Securing the Realm," as U.S. policy. The "Clean Break" document, authored in 1996 by Israeli Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu, Richard Perle, Douglas Feith, and other neocon operatives, was written at the same time the program for the invasion and occupation of Iraq was drawn up by the same neocon players.

netanyahu.jpg

ledeen.jpg

Carrying out the next phase of the neo-con "Clean Break": Netanyahu, Perle, and Ledeen still call the shots on U.S. and Israeli policies. First it was Iraq, then Palestine and Lebanon, next is Syria and Iran.

The current U.S.-Israeli strategy of bombing and invading Lebanon is a follow-up to four years of covert activities by the Pentagon, White House, and Mossad in Lebanon that involved the car bombing assassinations of top Lebanese officials in order to clear out Syrian forces from Lebanon. The assassinations of Elie Hobeika, George Hawi, and Rafik Hariri were all carried out to destabilize Lebanon and force the withdrawal of Syria from Lebanon. Syria was blamed by the Bush administration for all the car bombing assassinations in Lebanon.

Israel's border exercise that saw the capture by Hezbollah of two Israeli soldiers on the Lebanese side of the border and the contingency plans involving the kidnapping of an Israeli soldier by Hamas in Israel, near the Israeli-Gazan border, provided a pre-text for the Israeli attack on Gaza and Lebanon. Similar plans have been drawn up to respond to a Syrian "capture" of Israeli troops in Lebanon near the Syrian border or from the Golan Heights. That will be used to justify a joint Israeli and American attack on Syria, with Israel entering from Lebanon and the U.S. entering from Iraq.

The carrying out of the joint Israeli-U.S. attack plan for Lebanon, Syria (and eventually, Iran) is the reason why the United States has stymied UN attempts to seek an immediate cease-fire. The intent of the Bush administration is to see a widening of the conflict. Unconfirmed UN ambassador to the UN John Bolton, appearing on Fox News, laid out the future blueprint for the joint U.S.-Israeli regionalization of the war in the Middle East when he stated, "I think that if you look at the support that Iran and Syria have given groups like Hamas, Hezbollah, Palestinian Islamic Jihad that really the reckoning we need here is a reckoning, not just with the terrorist groups, but with the states that finance them."

WMR has also learned that top Israeli and U.S. military officers are adamantly opposed to the Clean Break policy. Many Israeli generals, remembering Israel's bloody occupation of Lebanon in the 1980s, favored negotiating a prisoner swap with Hezbollah. The Olmert government is purging the last remnants of the Yitzhak Rabin elements who favored negotiations from the Israeli military and intelligence agencies much in the same way that opponents of the Bush regime have been purged from the U.S. military, CIA, and State Department.

http://www.waynemadsenreport.com/

Edited by Grossinquisitor

What a load of a tosh. Every point you've made, despite your protestations of neutrality, is anti-Israeli bordering on anti-Semitism. I've noticed a marked upsurge in this evil but the Left have been extremely clever in cloaking their anti-Semitism under all these 'anti war' and 'anti globalisation' movements. However, their true nature always comes to the surface with stuff about "Jews control America", all the finance is "Zionist controlled" etc &c.

Well, I'm surprised that the Gentiles haven't woken up to threat that Islam poses. How many wake up calls do you guys need? 9/11 not enough for you, what about Beslan, hey why not chuck in Bali, London, Madrid, Moscow and the daily terrorist assaults on Israel for good measure???? Perhaps you want your children to be subject to Saria law and all it entails.

The fact is, Israel is, was and always will be on the frot line fighting Islamic terror. It is probably the only Judeo-Christian country which places the well-being of its citizens above everything else and that's no bad thing. It refuses to be cowed by the cancer of political correctness and all the Leftist agents such as the UN and the EU. At least America, being a strong Christian nation has realised that its best interests are served by aligning herself with Israel, and it's no surprise to see decadent Europe backing these terrorists.

I for one hope that Israel don't back down and smash Hizbullah and by implication those backers of terrorism, Iran and Syria. This is a war to the bitter, bloody end but good always triumphs over evil. The Romans, Greeks, Nazis and various Pogroms have shown that we'll pull through in the face of adversity from this Moslem threat.

If people here wish to get their information from the totally biased BBC/ITV then fair enough but Israel is fighting for its survival and you guys sitting in front of your plasmas, going to garden centres etc. don't have a clue about living under perpetual threat of annihilation.

Edited by shermanator

Given the chance, I'm certain Muslims would do the same to the Jews, even wipe them off the face of the Earth some would say.

If you mean the Ahmadinejad 'comment', it's widely know to be taken out of context. One of the presenters on Newsnight even put David Aaronovitch straight on that one when he started spitting his pro-Zionist venom.

Check out the video in my post above.

What a load of a tosh. Every point you've made, despite your protestations of neutrality, is anti-Israeli bordering on anti-Semitism. I've noticed a marked upsurge in this evil but the Left have been extremely clever in cloaking their anti-Semitism under all these 'anti war' and 'anti globalisation' movements. However, their true nature always comes to the surface with stuff about "Jews control America", all the finance is "Zionist controlled" etc &c.

Well, I'm surprised that the Gentiles haven't woken up to threat that Islam poses. How many wake up calls do you guys need? 9/11 not enough for you, what about Beslan, hey why not chuck in Bali, London, Madrid, Moscow and the daily terrorist assaults on Israel for good measure???? Perhaps you want your children to be subject to Saria law and all it entails.

The fact is, Israel is, was and always will be on the frot line fighting Islamic terror. It is probably the only Judeo-Christian country which places the well-being of its citizens above everything else and that's no bad thing. It refuses to be cowed by the cancer of political correctness and all the Leftist agents such as the UN and the EU. At least America, being a strong Christian nation has realised that its best interests are served by aligning herself with Israel, and it's no surprise to see decadent Europe backing these terrorists.

I for one hope that Israel don't back down and smash Hizbullah and by implication those backers of terrorism, Iran and Syria. This is a war to the bitter, bloody end but good always triumphs over evil. The Romans, Greeks, Nazis and various Pogroms have shown that we'll pull through in the face of adversity from this Moslem threat.

If people here wish to get their information from the totally biased BBC/ITV then fair enough but Israel is fighting for its survival and you guys sitting in front of your plasmas, going to garden centres etc. don't have a clue about living under perpetual threat of annihilation.

:lol:

If people here wish to get their information from the totally biased BBC/ITV then fair enough but Israel is fighting for its survival and you guys sitting in front of your plasmas, going to garden centres etc. don't have a clue about living under perpetual threat of annihilation

I grew up during the cold war, does that count? ;)

Edited by dom

What a load of a tosh. Every point you've made, despite your protestations of neutrality, is anti-Israeli bordering on anti-Semitism.

So let me get this right. In your world anyone who thinks that Israel, armed with state of the art weaponary, should not intentionally target civilians, destroy civilian infrastructure (like Hezlobah had aircraft) and destroying bridges is an anti-semite?

So let me get this right. In your world anyone who thinks that Israel, armed with state of the art weaponary, should not intentionally target civilians, destroy civilian infrastructure (like Hezlobah had aircraft) and destroying bridges is an anti-semite?

"Intentionally target civilians".

That's just a lie. Israel don't target civilians, they target terrorists but the terrorists being the evil people that they are seek refuge in built up civilian areas.

I'll tell you about "intentionally targeting civilians" - when Palestinian suicide bombers blow up Israelis at shopping malls, cafes and bus stops. I'd call those soft tagets wouldn't you?

a two nicer set of peoples cound not derserve each other more.

a little ironic lesson

the isrealies invented modern terrorism, against the british.

well what you sew and all that

Dom. I haven't got an hour, but I'm sure that video is very informative, and shows the capability of extremists within the Zionist movement, and I thoroughly despise and deplore any such behaviour. Also, I don't agree with the way that Israel has gone about business, but to defend the PM of Iran's comments as taken out context shows your true colours. You would be one of those who would deny the holocaust I think. I have been to many Muslim countries, and talked to ordinary decent folk, and they all share a hatred of the Jew and a desire to see Israel wiped off the map. Islam is an evil religion full of hate for Jews and Christians and until you understand that this is the root cause of the problems in the middle East, and increasingly the rest of the world, you are just being hoodwinked by our politically correct media. Muslims are taught to lie to the infidel (us) from an early age, so when you see a moderate saying he wants to happily co-exist with Christians and Jews he is either lying, or watering down his faith. A true Muslim will want to see all bow before Allah and living under Sharia law whether by choice or by force. It is a part of their faith which is why this problem will never go away.

"Intentionally target civilians".

That's just a lie. Israel don't target civilians, they target terrorists but the terrorists being the evil people that they are seek refuge in built up civilian areas.

I'll tell you about "intentionally targeting civilians" - when Palestinian suicide bombers blow up Israelis at shopping malls, cafes and bus stops. I'd call those soft tagets wouldn't you?

Laser guided weapons hitting apartment buildings? Once would be an accident. For it to happen repeatedly day after day is kinda hard to put down to accidents?

I guess the biggest difference is that the Palestinian suicide bombers don't have access to fighter aircraft and tanks. Anyhow we are talking about Israel attacking Lebanon not Palestine

Terrorism refers to a strategy of using violence, or threat of violence to generate fear, cause disruption, and ultimately, to bring about compliance with specific political, religious, ideological, and personal demands. The targets of terrorist attacks typically are not the individuals who are killed, injured, or taken hostage, but rather the societies to which these individuals belong. Terrorism is a type of unconventional warfare designed to weaken or supplant existing political landscapes through capitulation or acquiescence, as opposed to subversion or direct military action. The broader influence of terrorism in the modern world is often attributed to the dramatic focus of mass media in amplifying feelings of intense fear and anger.

State terrorism more specifically refers to violence and threats of violence, embargoes and other forms of terrorism against civilians by the government of a state

State terrorism is a controversial term (see:State terrorism. Confines and definition), which means violence against civilians perpetrated by a national government or proxy state. Whether a particular act is described as "terrorism" may depend on whether the International community considers the action justified or necessary, or whether the described act is carried out as part of an armed conflict. It has to be mentioned, that the opinion of the , so called, International community cannot be defined and determined with proper neutrality. State terrorism, where applicable, may be directed toward the population or infrastructure of the state in question or towards the population of other states. Although attacks on non-combatant civilians may occur during a time of war, they are usually considered terrorism, especially if these are not attacks on the enemy's war fighting capacity (for example an industrial port)

Refer attack on the Lebanese Airport to name one civilian target. The last time I checked Hezlobah did not own or use aircraft to attack Israel.

Collective Punishment Isn't Self-Defense

SAN DIEGO--As commander of a Nazi einsatzgruppen death squad in occupied Poland, Dr. Werner Best came to believe that the most effective response to terrorism was collective punishment. After the fall of France he went on to draft the Third Reich's counterterrorism policy for countries occupied by Germany. Towns where acts of "passive" resistance such as the cutting of telegraph cables had taken place were placed under curfews, fined and slapped with travel restrictions. "Active" resistance--the killing of a German soldier--would be met by reprisal killings of local civilians.

Dr. Best was trying to protect German troops. Rather than be cowed, however, leaders of European resistance groups saw Best's ruthless policy as their chance to radicalize moderates who were still on the fence about their German occupatiers.

Edited by GCS15

Laser guided weapons hitting apartment buildings? Once would be an accident. For it to happen repeatedly day after day is kinda hard to put down to accidents?

I guess the biggest difference is that the Palestinian suicide bombers don't have access to fighter aircraft and tanks. Anyhow we are talking about Israel attacking Lebanon. Different countries so your argument falls short.

I'm afraid my argument doesn't "fall short" as it is not the expressed aim of the IDF to murder civilians like it is for Hizbullah - that's a fact however unpalatable it may be for Guardian/Indy readers.

Why is Lebanon being tageted? Because its government has allowed a terrorist organisation to -

a. Launch rocket attacks on Israeli civilians

b. Receive funding and military equipment from Iran and Syria

c. To operate with impunity

Now, I know that British has a lamentable record in standing up to terrorists but why should the UK or any other post modern PC nation foist it's spineless appeasement of terrorists on Israel?

Israel, like it or not, is a sovereign state which has a duty to defend its citizens from attack. What it has to do with the massed ranks of politically correct busy-bodies like the BBC, UN and EU is beyond me........

......unless they wish to appease Islamic terrorists :o:o:o

Israel, like it or not, is a sovereign state which has a duty to defend its citizens from attack.

Agree 100% and who suggested appeasement? Certainly not me. If I were in charge in Israel I'd be sending in Commando's to take them out. Maybe use those Predator umaned but armed drones to do intercept them? I'm not up on all the high tech gadgets that they have access to but I should imagine that it would be possible to "assist" the Lebanese authorities to chase them down?

I suggest that the Lebanese Gov't didn't stop Hezlobah because they couldn't. Governments don't like groups commiting acts of violence, they really hate competition.

Agree 100% and who suggested appeasement? Certainly not me. If I were in charge in Israel I'd be sending in Commando's to take them out.

And within a year you'd be fighting a full-scale war on four fronts. Iran and Syria are NOT Hizbollah and Lebanon. They don't just have a few katyusha rockets . . . they both have fully equipped air forces with modern armaments and a helluva lot more troops and combined resources than you do.

Oh sure . . . you'd have air superiority but not without condsiderable losses and , eventually, they WOULD over run you.

Big talk is all very well but if it means you're wiped out in the end, what's the point.

but to defend the PM of Iran's comments as taken out context shows your true colours. You would be one of those who would deny the holocaust I think.

No, I take offence, seeing as my grandfather was murdered by the SS.

You are defending manipulation of the truth. As I stated earlier, I'm not taking sides, I simply want the truth.

I have been to many Muslim countries, and talked to ordinary decent folk, and they all share a hatred of the Jew and a desire to see Israel wiped off the map. Islam is an evil religion full of hate for Jews and Christians and until you understand that this is the root cause of the problems in the middle East, and increasingly the rest of the world, you are just being hoodwinked by our politically correct media. Muslims are taught to lie to the infidel (us) from an early age, so when you see a moderate saying he wants to happily co-exist with Christians and Jews he is either lying, or watering down his faith. A true Muslim will want to see all bow before Allah and living under Sharia law whether by choice or by force. It is a part of their faith which is why this problem will never go away.

My cousin converted to Islam when he married a Pakistani surgeon working in a London hospital, they have two children. She must operate on the 'Infidel' daily. shocking that she should have access to knives, alert the media! :rolleyes:

People are people, OK, and should not be manipulated by the agendas of real evil doers holding positions of power in this world.

Ever wondered why the Israeli's were dancing on 9/11?