HOLA441
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

That usually goes hand-in-hand with chewing on dust mites!

anyway...

the point was that someone who builds in such an easily overcome design fault will obviously want 0% interest rates to bolster up an economy which relies on people like me to buy his goods, when ones income is looking a little less certain.

dyson chooses not to remember that an "out of control" money supply fed by low interest rates leads to inflation and eventual recession..

as foolish as i was when i thought his vacuum cleaner would do what it promised.

ellen

HOLA444

anyway...

the point was that someone who builds in such an easily overcome design fault will obviously want 0% interest rates to bolster up an economy which relies on people like me to buy his goods, when ones income is looking a little less certain.

dyson chooses not to remember that an "out of control" money supply fed by low interest rates leads to inflation and eventual recession..

as foolish as i was when i thought his vacuum cleaner would do what it promised.

ellen

Dont the wheels also frequently fall off and are expensive to replace?

HOLA445
Guest Winners and Losers

Dyson, the man invented Blowjobs without having to use old bags.

You're hysterical LJ, just hysterical. :rolleyes:

Dont the wheels also frequently fall off and are expensive to replace?

Funny, that is what I've heard about you?? :blink::unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Did you know you can get any Dyson repaired by a Dyson person in your own home for £50.00 no matter whats wrong with it! That includes parts and time etc!

I think this is quite a good deal when you've just aquired one from your local refuse centre. :blink:

HOLA4410

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml;jsessionid=FBNBTGZ1V1ZJHQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/money/2006/05/29/cndyson29.xml' rel="external nofollow">
Gordon Brown is under pressure to overhaul the way the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee is appointed, amid growing criticism that it does not speak for British business.
Mr Dyson accused the MPC of neglecting industrial firms, saying: "There is no one representative of manufacturing. Never has been. There has never been a representative of people who actually have to borrow money.
"Everyone cheered when they moved responsibility for interest rates to the Bank of England but I was dismayed because interest rates have much more to do with politics than just house prices.
"We should stop using interest rates as a tool, a very clumsy tool, to control inflation.
We should learn from the Japanese m
odel."

:lol::lol::lol:

The fun is just starting.

Dyson?

This is the man who is now so puffed up with his own self importance that he compares himself with the great engineer Brunel. Not to mention his beastly and overpriced 'Hoover' which doesn't work.

HOLA4411

He's just admitting that British manufacturing is a pile of shit. I think he means the third world model, devalue your currency and the living standards of your people, cheap exports and deregulation, so long as we can make fancy hoovers and sell them to someone. We can't follow the Jap model, they're clever and work hard. Oh, they also make things people actually want! TW@T!!!!!!!!!

bit of a contradiction there.

Dyson is doing a stunning job as a manufacturing company. Dyson does make things people actually want - now having the largest market share in Japan.

British manufacturing is a pile of shit because hardly anyone knows how to make things anymore. Dyson is one of the very few companies that does - and surprise surprise they are doing well. If there were more companies like Dyson around here, this country would be in far less shit than it is now. Trouble is, people seem quite happy enough to be hangers-on in the UK - money men, marketing men, salesmen - they are everywhere, bleeding this place dry.

Lowering interest rates is one way of helping manufacturing - but quite a short termist way. Far better to make manufacturing related subjects compulsory in education and let the longterm, enthusiastic, actually quite natural picture grow in a sustainable way.

If more effort given to manufacturing, then more jobs created, then more money given to people, which helps them pay for the houses whose prices you (and I too) are so bitter about. Simple.

Edited by maker of things

HOLA4412
Trouble is, people seem quite happy enough to be hangers-on in the UK - money men, marketing men, salesmen - they are everywhere, bleeding this place dry.

Probably because they'd rather make 80k a year in marketing than 5 pounds an hour on a factory production line...

HOLA4413

Probably because they'd rather make 80k a year in marketing than 5 pounds an hour on a factory production line...

Dyson do none of that in the UK, I'd say the design aspects are more interesting than putting together adverts for MEW'ing.

Anyway, I'm getting some very odd Google Ads on this thread :-

"Drug Test Pro

Leaders in the supply of drug tests to home & healthcare professionals

www.drugtestpro.co.uk

Teen Sex Addict Treatment

Pine Creek - Teen Sexual Additction Residential Treatment Program

www.pinecreekranch.org

Immediate Help - £350p/w

Solutions for Alcholics & Addicts Safe, Confidential, Professional

www.ttpcc.org.uk

Home Addiction Recovery

Effective, affordable, confidential alternative to rehab or treatment

www.homerecovery.net"

I presume the latter is to help people who are addicted to homes?

HOLA4414

I remeber when I was a kid my mother had a broom. It had a wooden long pole will bristles on the end. You pushed it around and dirt and dust was accumuated in one place. It never got clogged and it was very green as didn't require any electricity or gas.

I seemed to recall they come in different colors.

This simple invention has now been replaced with a Dyson, which is a more expensive than the simple broom. Oh well, we can't complain about progress can we..

HOLA4415

Dyson is doing a stunning job as a manufacturing company. Dyson does make things people actually want - now having the largest market share in Japan.

British manufacturing is a pile of shit because hardly anyone knows how to make things anymore. Dyson is one of the very few companies that does - and surprise surprise they are doing well. If there were more companies like Dyson around here, this country would be in far less shit than it is now. Trouble is, people seem quite happy enough to be hangers-on in the UK - money men, marketing men, salesmen - they are everywhere, bleeding this place dry.

Lowering interest rates is one way of helping manufacturing - but quite a short termist way. Far better to make manufacturing related subjects compulsory in education and let the longterm, enthusiastic, actually quite natural picture grow in a sustainable way.

If more effort given to manufacturing, then more jobs created, then more money given to people, which helps them pay for the houses whose prices you (and I too) are so bitter about. Simple.

don't dispute any of this... we need entrepreneurs et al..and need tax breaks to make their start offs effective but sadly it is just a bit of a shame that dyson moved his manufacturing base to malaysia in 2002 if, as you suggest, he was concerned about uk economy and not his shareholding?

ellen

HOLA4416
Guest Charlie The Tramp

British manufacturing is a pile of shit because hardly anyone knows how to make things anymore.

A mate of mine owns a Service Centre and covers most of the brands of vacuum cleaners. He repairs all machines under guarantee regardless of whether they have been purchased from him. You buy from Comet etc and he has to cover the guarantee. Dysons are more prone to breakdowns on percentage than all the other brands he deals with. His winner in the reliability stakes is British made with a smile on its face. I could not post what his Service Manager says about Dysons.

HOLA4417

I remeber when I was a kid my mother had a broom. It had a wooden long pole will bristles on the end. You pushed it around and dirt and dust was accumuated in one place. It never got clogged and it was very green as didn't require any electricity or gas.

Quite, I can remember we had one of those and it lasted for years, it only needed two new handles and three new heads.

HOLA4418
HOLA4419

Dyson do none of that in the UK, I'd say the design aspects are more interesting than putting together adverts for MEW'ing.

Anyway, I'm getting some very odd Google Ads on this thread :-

"Drug Test Pro

Leaders in the supply of drug tests to home & healthcare professionals

www.drugtestpro.co.uk

Teen Sex Addict Treatment

Pine Creek - Teen Sexual Additction Residential Treatment Program

www.pinecreekranch.org

Immediate Help - £350p/w

Solutions for Alcholics & Addicts Safe, Confidential, Professional

www.ttpcc.org.uk

Home Addiction Recovery

Effective, affordable, confidential alternative to rehab or treatment

www.homerecovery.net"

I presume the latter is to help people who are addicted to homes?

A mate of mine works at a company that develops the software. It works on the cookies in your browser cache.

EDIT- I'm getting "Modern Humanities Research Association", "ATPases Associated with Cellular Activities (AAA)", and "Heavenly Mathematics: Cultural Astronomy". I guess it depends what you're into.

Edited by megaflop

HOLA4420

A mate of mine works at a company that develops the software. It works on the cookies in your browser cache.

:lol: I've never quite found the time for alcohol fueled, psychedelic orgies!

edit: it now wants me to buy a duplex in Almeria, Spain. I'm not sure which is worse.

I was sent this story was a joke earlier :-

http://www.ananova.com/news/story/sm_1466538.html' rel="external nofollow">
Dutch police and park rangers have admitted they are powerless to stop a growing trend of outdoor sex orgies.
In the latest incident, a large group of people were found romping naked on a beach in the Bussloo area of the country.
They including 10 couples who were being "particularly boisterous" with each other while the others watched.
But police called to the scene admitted they were powerless to act despite numerous complaints from other beach users, and could only give the naked orgy lovers a verbal warning.
The head of one of Holland's biggest national parks says the problem is getting worse and has called for the government to make clear guidelines on outdoor sex orgies to allow police to act.
Eric Droogh, who is director at the Veluwe National Park, said: "A national debate on wild sex parties in the countryside is essential.
"Police and park wardens currently have too little scope to intervene. The only possibility is to catch the transgressors red-handed.

:blink:

Edited by BuyingBear

HOLA4421

i think the dyson range cringes in comparason to the marconi 3 bar 100w teasmade.

it delivered a lukewarm stale mini cup of tea with off milk within a shade of 6 mins. i saw it on itv.

why get up ?

ahh (says fred, sipping on a freshly steeped tetley).

before continuing leafing through stuccato magazine pages of pretty girls wearing only classical instruments and bags of maize....

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Did you know you can get any Dyson repaired by a Dyson person in your own home for £50.00 no matter whats wrong with it! That includes parts and time etc!

If you read the small print, its states that the householder must pay the Engineers Travelling costs.

So thats a return trip to China Club Class, £2850

British manufacturing is a pile of shit because hardly anyone knows how to make things anymore. Dyson is one of the very few companies that does - and surprise surprise they are doing well. If there were more companies like Dyson around here, this country would be in far less shit than it is now.

What, like we would all be unemployed, watching third world workers in sweat shops produce cheap tack to import to a country whereby nobody has a job so no money to buy the product.

Face facts m8, if you offshore your work, and lay off the workers, you have just shot yourself in the foot, the workers are the consumers!!!.

Dyson is a classic example of why British Workers are wasting their time on Research and Dev.

When a product finally comes to fruition after many years of red tape and beauracratic garbage, they offshore it for manufacture overseas.

We see this time and time again in all fields of industry.

British Taxpayers pay for the research, the third world reap the rewards having it handed on a plate.

HOLA4424

Mr Dyson is being an idiot - and he knows it

1) The rates that his companies borrow at are set by the bond market, not by BoE. You borrow based on LIBOR + BP, or ten year treasuries + BP, not base rate.

2) He wants a rate cut to boost demand, not to lower his production costs.

3) The BoJ zero interest rate policy had nothing to do with trying to boost manufacturing sector - it was designed to bail out the finance and construction industries.

Besides, WTF doesn't he just borrow in yen if he likes yen interest rates so much? Hardly rocket science

HOLA4425

Wouldn't buy a Dyson out of principle.

"No loss of suction.... ever..."

"What even when it is full......?"

"No obvioulsy you have a loss of suction when it is full..."

"Just like a bag then...?"

"No it fills up in a different way...."

"Please step away from me...."