House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
BuyingBear

Dyson Attacks Make-up Of Mpc

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml;jsessionid=FBNBTGZ1V1ZJHQFIQMGCFGGAVCBQUIV0?xml=/money/2006/05/29/cndyson29.xml' rel="external nofollow">
Gordon Brown is under pressure to overhaul the way the Bank of England's Monetary Policy Committee is appointed, amid growing criticism that it does not speak for British business.
Mr Dyson accused the MPC of neglecting industrial firms, saying: "There is no one representative of manufacturing. Never has been. There has never been a representative of people who actually have to borrow money.
"Everyone cheered when they moved responsibility for interest rates to the Bank of England but I was dismayed because interest rates have much more to do with politics than just house prices.
"We should stop using interest rates as a tool, a very clumsy tool, to control inflation.
We should learn from the Japanese m
odel."

:lol::lol::lol:

The fun is just starting.

Mr Dyson said manufacturing was "difficult and hugely problematic" in the UK. -"Borrowing money, starting an enterprise, taking on a 21-year factory lease, taking on personal liability to fund it at enormous interest rates, on top of that you are taking on the liability of employing people. Then they wonder why there aren't more entrepreneurs?"

What enormous rates is he talking about?

Clueless.

Is this a joke?

"We should learn from the Japanese model" - what's that supposed to be then? Zero interest rates???

I think this is desperation as higher interest rates are clearly on the horizon!

Guest Bart of Darkness

Doesn't Dyson want a represntative of manufacturing there so that they can push for a rate cut?

Is this a joke?

"We should learn from the Japanese model" - what's that supposed to be then? Zero interest rates???

I think this is desperation as higher interest rates are clearly on the horizon!

He's just admitting that British manufacturing is a pile of shit. I think he means the third world model, devalue your currency and the living standards of your people, cheap exports and deregulation, so long as we can make fancy hoovers and sell them to someone. We can't follow the Jap model, they're clever and work hard. Oh, they also make things people actually want! TW@T!!!!!!!!!

Indeed: the last thing we need on the MPC is a 'representative of debtors' to vote for ever-lower rates at the expense of the productive peopole don't have to borrow tons of money to survive. We've just kicked out the last one.

Given that he offshored his business to Eastern Europe he is talking to the wrong people.

His high interest rates are a result of the fact that he wants British Funding, but uses cheap sweat shop labour to produce a cheap plastic product in the third world whilst putting a UK price tag on it, without paying into the British Tax System.

If the Government had any sense the would impost a 400% duty on all Dyson Cleaners to recoup the losses to our National Health Service in Employer NI Contributions.

When he brings his manufacturing business back to the UK then he might have a friendly ear, but as it stands today.

Mr Dyson, get the hose of your most powerfull Vacum, bend over....................and well you know the rest!!!.

Guest Charlie The Tramp

Mr Dyson, get the hose of your most powerfull Vacum, bend over....................and well you know the rest!!!.

As long as it does not breakdown when he tries it. ;)

Doesn't Dyson want a represntative of manufacturing there so that they can push for a rate cut?

No coincidence Steven Nickell has just left, who was quite sypathetic towards manufacturing B)

Genuinely saw a Dyson in a wheely bin today! They (I have heard) are famously rubbish and break down more often than Big Brother housemate.

He lives not far from me (well used to anyway) and is not very popular for moving ALL HIS JOBS ABROAD. What a nerve.

Genuinely saw a Dyson in a wheely bin today! They (I have heard) are famously rubbish and break down more often than Big Brother housemate.

He lives not far from me (well used to anyway) and is not very popular for moving ALL HIS JOBS ABROAD. What a nerve.

i bought one recently..just the cheapest available... it is not nearly as good as the 10 year old "henry" i was replacing.. hey ho.. more fool me.

ellen

I know somebody who makes a lot of money out of skipped dysons. Apparantly, they have an in-built fault with the suction system, there is a certain part of the system which eventually get blocked. This blockage is in a very hard to get-to part of the dyson product. Many people foolishly think their dyson is dead and so they take it to the tip. The person I am talking about, has a contact at the tip who puts them to one side for him. He gets about 25 dysons per week. He takes them home and 90% of them have this obscure blockage. My friend simply disconnects the pipework, clears the blockage and gives the dyson a clean. I think he earns about £1000 per week from the classified ads selling reconditioned dysons.

Where there's muck!!!

Anyone who pays over 200 quid for a Vacuum has got to be stark raving bonkers.

I would rather had seen my ex partner spoon the dust up and eat it than shell out that type of dosh on a luxury item. :D

I know somebody who makes a lot of money out of skipped dysons. Apparantly, they have an in-built fault with the suction system, there is a certain part of the system which eventually get blocked. This blockage is in a very hard to get-to part of the dyson product. Many people foolishly think their dyson is dead and so they take it to the tip. The person I am talking about, has a contact at the tip who puts them to one side for him. He gets about 25 dysons per week. He takes them home and 90% of them have this obscure blockage. My friend simply disconnects the pipework, clears the blockage and gives the dyson a clean. I think he earns about £1000 per week from the classified ads selling reconditioned dysons.

Where there's muck!!!

when we lived in yorkshire i saw 2 or 3 a week a the tip and tried to buy one...wasn't allowed to and now i understand why!...

the problem people have is with the filter...they block up and need to washed thoroughly..a hot wash thru a dishwasher will do it or just take it out and give it a good scrub...people think the filter has electrical parts in it but this is not so..

don't pay for an animal/asthma one, ( another £100) all the research say it makes no difference.

i still use my £99 henry with no filter bags... works fine. dyson relegated to understairs cupboard and experience.

ellen

when we lived in yorkshire i saw 2 or 3 a week a the tip and tried to buy one...wasn't allowed to and now i understand why!...

the problem people have is with the filter...they block up and need to washed thoroughly..a hot wash thru a dishwasher will do it or just take it out and give it a good scrub...people think the filter has electrical parts in it but this is not so..

don't pay for an animal/asthma one, ( another £100) all the research say it makes no difference.

i still use my £99 henry with no filter bags... works fine. dyson relegated to understairs cupboard and experience.

ellen

You cant beat a wee Henry B)

the problem people have is with the filter...they block up and need to washed thoroughly..a hot wash thru a dishwasher will do it

Remind me never to take breakfast at your house!

Remind me never to take breakfast at your house!

Don't knock it - she's probably a really nice girl who cooks a mean breakfast. Invite me round anytime.