House Price Crash Forum

Letter In Today's Guardian:

HOLA441

http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,,1767787,00.html

Both Polly Toynbee (Labour MPs at last seem to be ready to ditch Tony Blair, May 2) and Marcel Berlins believe in forcing people to turn out to vote. But as an increasing number of ordinary people cannot afford a place to live, why should they participate in British elections that are dominated by a majority of owner-occupiers that have to be bought off by continual house-price inflation?

The political parties are lucky that the under-40s are not rioting in the street, not just supporting economic doomsday cults, such as HousePriceCrash.co.uk, which look forward to the end of the world of expensive property like religious fundamentalists awaiting the Rapture.

DBC Reed

Northampton

-----------

Now, the interesting question is this: what are the key tenets of the HPC cult?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Guest Guy_Montag

Right, I've had it with you, I'm going to set up the Free Church of HPC. Who's going to join me?

HOLA449

Right, I've had it with you, I'm going to set up the Free Church of HPC. Who's going to join me?

Are we allowed to address you directly without permission, or should we just stay here prostrated on the floor before you?

Billy Shears

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414

http://www.guardian.co.uk/letters/story/0,,1767787,00.html

Both Polly Toynbee (Labour MPs at last seem to be ready to ditch Tony Blair, May 2) and Marcel Berlins believe in forcing people to turn out to vote. But as an increasing number of ordinary people cannot afford a place to live, why should they participate in British elections that are dominated by a majority of owner-occupiers that have to be bought off by continual house-price inflation?

The political parties are lucky that the under-40s are not rioting in the street, not just supporting economic doomsday cults, such as HousePriceCrash.co.uk, which look forward to the end of the world of expensive property like religious fundamentalists awaiting the Rapture.

DBC Reed

Northampton

-----------

Now, the interesting question is this: what are the key tenets of the HPC cult?

I think he is probably loosing money on property and is upset that there exists a place like this for despinning all the rubbish pumped out by other media. We know how difficult it is to get agencys like the BBC to take note / report of the info on this site. I am quite offended that he calls us a doomsday cult... not a cult at all!!! This site is here to educate people and enable them to avoid financial trouble. Why does he not criticise the lunatic advice given out by Kursty Allsop?

I think blogs are worrying certain people. Well.. the popular blogs that contribute to enabling free thinking and releasing sheeple from their chains. Did anyone else notice the poll on blogs on the bbc last week? The questions were put forward in a way to see how many people trusted places like HPC.co.uk over traditional reporting / propaganda.

I would like to restate and remind any VIs out there that I will not buy, will not take out a mortgage and will not part with my future earnings so that someone can profit from hype.

But.... it would also be funny if we put together a prayer....

HOLA4415
HOLA4416

It's true. I've got my supercharged V8 in the garage just waiting for when it all goes 'Mad Max'.

Oh, except I forgot, I can't afford to buy a garage.

fine,I have a booby-trapped vegetable patch!!! :D

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I think he is probably loosing money on property and is upset that there exists a place like this for despinning all the rubbish pumped out by other media. We know how difficult it is to get agencys like the BBC to take note / report of the info on this site. I am quite offended that he calls us a doomsday cult... not a cult at all!!! This site is here to educate people and enable them to avoid financial trouble. Why does he not criticise the lunatic advice given out by Kursty Allsop?

I think blogs are worrying certain people. Well.. the popular blogs that contribute to enabling free thinking and releasing sheeple from their chains. Did anyone else notice the poll on blogs on the bbc last week? The questions were put forward in a way to see how many people trusted places like HPC.co.uk over traditional reporting / propaganda.

I would like to restate and remind any VIs out there that I will not buy, will not take out a mortgage and will not part with my future earnings so that someone can profit from hype.

But.... it would also be funny if we put together a prayer....

I quite like the idea we are called a doomsday cult!!!!!

.....after all,our whole way of life is based on the teachings of someone who questioned the powers that be and was promptly denounced and demonised by those in positions of power and executed for his trouble.

...moral is::::

:big brother cocks up sometimes,so if it's pointed out there is a small chance they might listen...say nothing and it gets worse....the basics are all that are needed.

HOLA4419

i always thought a blog was a online diary. ie a place where people that think there lives are more intresting than your own write a little note on what happens in there lifes each day.

this is a forum not a blog

HOLA4420
HOLA4421

hpc cult

10 commandments

1. you shall not covet your neighbours house

2.you shall not steal the houses from the youth

3.tents are not homes

4.you will not associate with Estate agents for these are the workers of kursty the devil.

5.chickens are food only anything else is a sin

6.the false prophet known as webmaster sold us out for baubels and jewels, and must be avenged.

7.fubar may own the kingdom but will not profit from rightiousnous

8.you must douse yourself in the holy water (beer) to cleansed your soul if you pass a bank

9.the sabbath is MPC day once a month and must by obeyed

10.do not disregard the unbelievers for they do not know what they do

10.5 spelling and grammatical agents of PC will be fiercly opposed

i propose our first pope should be POPE WAN 1

and propose a small role in the church myself as political and religious and cultural educator

HOLA4422
Guest Bart of Darkness

It's true. I've got my supercharged V8 in the garage just waiting for when it all goes 'Mad Max'.

Oh, except I forgot, I can't afford to buy a garage.

:lol:

I think "Doomsday Cult" is a touch unfair. I myself am a perfectly ordinary citizen who likes to spend his evenings in his fortified 2nd floor flat (ala. Robert Neville in The Omega Man), conversing with a bust of Julius Caesar whilst fighting off hooded vampires chavs with a sub-machine gun.

It's a busy but full life.

OmegaMan9.jpg

HOLA4423
HOLA4424
HOLA4425