House Price Crash Forum

Whats Happening To This Site?

HOLA441

It seems to me that this site is going down the pan lately. :(

None of the data on the main page is kept up to date lately, US base rate still shows 4.5%, and most of the predictions on the home page are also very dated.

Im really disappointed personally. The site was really starting to make some headway (according to the alexa stats) but now they are taking a downward turn, and to be honest I'm not surprised.

Does anyone know why this is? Its such a shame, I hope this isnt the beginning of the end for HPC. :(

Dean

Edited by deano_54321

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
Guest Winners and Losers

House prices arent even stagnating. If that was the case I would still think there was a chance. House prices are rising. Very, very depressing, but seems to be the case. Maybe HPC is running out of steam. How long can we argue it for when month after month the media are reporting rises. No wonder people are buying!! I'm starting to wonder myself if I buy something now will it be worth more in 12mths. The 'signs' that we keep coming up with just do not tally with the reality. :angry:

I felt like crying all day today. Tears of frustration, confusion and feeling like (never thought I'd say it), I am going to miss the boat. :(:(

someone else said this on a thread the other day - sorry can't be bothered to try and find it :P

apparently the webmaster is away and will update on his return....

Yeah, but the webmaster has been away for a long time. Where is he, locked up??? I thought the internet was global. HPC needs a fresh perspective.

HOLA447

House prices arent even stagnating. If that was the case I would still think there was a chance. House prices are rising. Very, very depressing, but seems to be the case. Maybe HPC is running out of steam. How long can we argue it for when month after month the media are reporting rises. No wonder people are buying!! I'm starting to wonder myself if I buy something now will it be worth more in 12mths. The 'signs' that we keep coming up with just do not tally with the reality. :angry:

I felt like crying all day today. Tears of frustration, confusion and feeling like (never thought I'd say it), I am going to miss the boat. :(:(

Exactly how I'm feeling. I was told on here once that things would get worse before they get better, which TBH is probably true. I just think its a shame that it hasnt been kept up to date as thinkgs were starting to look good from a recognition point of view.

I still wouldnt buy yet! Thats what they want! If you can hold out I would. Sooner or later thet have to come down, otherwise there are going to be a lot of homeless people!

Deano

Edited by deano_54321

HOLA448

None of the data on the main page is kept up to date lately, US base rate still shows 4.5%, and most of the predictions on the home page are also very dated.

Im really disappointed personally. The site was really starting to make some headway (according to the alexa stats) but now they are taking a downward turn, and to be honest I'm not surprised.

Does anyone know why this is? Its such a shame, I hope this isnt the beginning of the end for HPC. :(

Dean

The STR's who started this site have realised that it has turned out to be a misguided theory and are now too busy looking to get back on the ladder before they are left even further behind. It's the FTB's who have been conned into renting for the past 3 years who I feel sorry for - now 25% worse off and 3 years rental money down the drain.

HOLA449

Yeah, but the webmaster has been away for a long time. Where is he, locked up??? I thought the internet was global. HPC needs a fresh perspective.

It's been said many times and I'll say it again: it'll be all over at the next recession.

If you believe that the financial geniuses out there have got it all sorted this time and that there will never be another recession, then you can believe that HPI will go on forever. In that scenario, you might as well buy with 10 strangers to get on the ladder.

If you are sure that there will be another recession, then you can be sure that house prices will drop.

If you think that house prices will suddenly drop significantly but the economy will stay healthy, you are deluding yourself.

HOLA4410

As far as im concerned all the arguments have been talked over and then talked over some more. Yes there is a rally at the moment, some people even call it a spring bounce. It doesnt change anything, it will colapse under its own weight after being made weak.

Give it 6 months and it will all be doom and gloom again, people will soon forget that you told them so, as such there is only a certian amount of effort im willing to put into arguments.

Its the same thing over and over again, the same arguments, we have bulls who have thier own viewpoint, bears which equally have thier own viewpoint and also people who are quite furry.

All will come out in the wash.

HOLA4411
Guest consa

The STR's who started this site have realised that it has turned out to be a misguided theory and are now too busy looking to get back on the ladder before they are left even further behind. It's the FTB's who have been conned into renting for the past 3 years who I feel sorry for - now 25% worse off and 3 years rental money down the drain.

It is comments like this which show us the sort of scum roaming around here, do you have anything constructive to say?? I doubt it :lol:

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

I know you're not stupid, so I thought I'd just make it clear to everyone that with "three years rental money", you are speaking about the difference in monthly payments between rent and interest on a mortgage.

Personally, I think that the difference is not that big, especially if you take into account things like maintenance, the opportunity to move easily to other houses etc.

Of course, if you did buy three years ago, you would have made a big paper gain, but that can easily reverse.

HOLA4414

It is comments like this which show us the sort of scum roaming around here, do you have anything constructive to say?? I doubt it :lol:

That's a bit harsh. People can't help being desperate you know. I blame Gordon Brown.

HOLA4415

I know you're not stupid, so I thought I'd just make it clear to everyone that with "three years rental money", you are speaking about the difference in monthly payments between rent and interest on a mortgage.

Personally, I think that the difference is not that big, especially if you take into account things like maintenance, the opportunity to move easily to other houses etc.

Of course, if you did buy three years ago, you would have made a big paper gain, but that can easily reverse.

So, if you bought 3 years ago, surely this would be a good time to bank that profit? and join the other STR's who sold 3 year's ago and have er............ now let me see...................................

Edited by Given Up

HOLA4416

Every time I come on here I feel more and more vindicated that I bought a house last month. The Findaproperty average for my area has already jumped about 5K in the few weeks since I completed!

I'm not saying it is impossible for a HPC to occur at some time - nothing is impossible - but it's looking less and less likely, isn't it? I just come here to 'rubberneck' now :)

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

So, if you bought 3 years ago, surely this would be a good time to bank that profit? and join the other STR's who sold 3 year's ago and have er............ now let me see...................................

Yes of course, assuming that you bought three years ago and wanted to sell :)

All I'm saying is that nodumsunreaders comment of "three years rental money lost" has to be taken in the context that if you had bought, you would have had to pay three years interest + maintenance instead.

And the 25% gain is all paper wealth anyway, unless you plan to sell now. Like the STR's have figured out, this is the only way to gain money from your primary residence.

I didn't buy three years ago, but I certainly don't think I've lost out. I have had the opportunity to move to lots of interesting places, have never had to do any maintenance etc. If I had bought three years ago (I thought prices were crazy back then as well, btw), I wouldn't have had a chance to do any of this.

I think that prices will correct eventually, but I don't particularly care if they do so soon. I'm perfectly happy renting :)

HOLA4419
Guest Winners and Losers

Every time I come on here I feel more and more vindicated that I bought a house last month. The Findaproperty average for my area has already jumped about 5K in the few weeks since I completed!

I'm not saying it is impossible for a HPC to occur at some time - nothing is impossible - but it's looking less and less likely, isn't it? I just come here to 'rubberneck' now :)

:lol::lol::lol:

The FindaProperty average goes up and down like a whores knickers - depending on how may properties on the market. It is not always up. Next month it could be down. It amazes me that people actually pay attention to that rubbish.

AND, it is based on ASKING PRICES, not sold prices.

Edited by Winners and Losers

HOLA4420

Dean

At this point in 2006 we should be -25% drop in prices from the peak and well into the slide.

The inevitable is coming, purely delayed, but people are becoming desperate and tired of waiting.

This so called "spring bounce" is unfortunalely REAL! I've seen some long term no hopers sell recently but I'm sure it's only going to be a minor blip while the spring sun shines.

We just need a good old recession that'll do it.

HOLA4421
Guest Winners and Losers

The trouble is, even the flimsiest ancedotal "evidence" in support of a crash is trumpeted to the skies, while anyone mentioning even hard evidence that there ain't no crash as yet is nearly roasted alive.

No they are not. Many people come on here just saying - there will never be a crash, WITHOUT backing it up with any evidence. At least most of the bears make a half hearted attempt to analyse what MIGHT cause a HPC. Bulls who do the same, take TTRTR, (well, OK, he does get roasted alive but only cos we like him), who is a bullish landlord but he at least contributes to the debate and provides a wealth of information on various matters. Likewise, filmsy ancedotal evidence of a HPC should be treated as just that, and many times it is. Many posts go largely ignored because they are not weighty, either in support of a crash or not.

HOLA4422

House prices arent even stagnating. If that was the case I would still think there was a chance. House prices are rising.

If the majority of people think prices will go up then they will go up, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy. It's exactly the same with inflation, it's all about impressions and managing expectations, the Bank of England is just a good PR machine in essense.

HOLA4423
Guest wrongmove

And the 25% gain is all paper wealth anyway, unless you plan to sell now. Like the STR's have figured out, this is the only way to gain money from your primary residence.

The 25% gain may be paper, but the loss to people who didn't buy is very real.

HOLA4424

Its really really sad

What do you think is going to happen with a site that calls people with opposite opinions Trolls and bans users if they disagree with the mods!

2 months ago I was banned and had my IP blocked because I thought the stupid rule that was in place stopping people from posting until 30 posts had been made was a waste of time... funny how it was reversed but not before I was banned for not sitting down and shutting up.

This site is only ever going to have people who will sit and agree that a HPC is going to happen or they are called TTRTR. I have seen some people who think House prices will increase being allowed to post now but the damage has already been done. The mods bullied and banned and now the site is dieing!

Funny thing is that I think that the economy is screwed and that a hpc is going to happen! All I ever said is that it wasnt happending yet!!!!

Ohhhh lets shout AWWOOGGA!!!

Bunch of children the lot of you!

I give this 5 mins before it is deleted and I am banned again!! Do I care.. no... Am I annoyed at peoples bemusement as to why things on this site are dull repetative and ignorant.... Damn right!!

Off to go back to being a silent reader and checking rightmove to see what is really happening.. I dont need to be treated like a school kids by fools with a little bit of power to make up my mind on the economy!

BTW check the opinions posted on this site. There are the usual "its is great" posts and then the truth of real people with real thoughts saying I was banned for having a different opinion.... dumb! no debate. no point

Cya!

HOLA4425

Its really really sad

Why do you bother posting here then? There are umpteen websites with very polarised viewpoints that restrict contrary views. Bullish posters are not vilified here providing they have evidence to back up their opinions.