House Price Crash Forum

Houses Prices Are Crashing!...

Pluto

HOLA441

Houses have been crashing for over a year now - if you price them in Gold- the only true currency.

Inflation is rampant! Don't believe the 2% CPI numbers - they are just a mechanism to control wages.

Gold, Palladium, Copper, Silver... All these metal buyers know inflation is out of control.

Real inflation is closer to 10% than it is to 2%!

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442

Houses have been crashing for over a year now - if you price them in Gold- the only true currency.

Inflation is rampant! Don't believe the 2% CPI numbers - they are just a mechanism to control wages.

Gold, Palladium, Copper, Silver... All these metal buyers know inflation is out of control.

Real inflation is closer to 10% than it is to 2%!

Whilst you are probably right about this, it does just demonstrate what bizarre lengths you bears will go to in order to prove your point.

My bank doesn't give me gold to buy a house with and my bank doesn't accept gold dust back off me.

You post is completely pointless in the real world. Perhaps if you have the good fortune to be be able to opt out of currencies and sit on your nugget thats fine. Most of us just have to use the paper stuff.

HOLA443

Whilst you are probably right about this, it does just demonstrate what bizarre lengths you bears will go to in order to prove your point.

My bank doesn't give me gold to buy a house with and my bank doesn't accept gold dust back off me.

You post is completely pointless in the real world. Perhaps if you have the good fortune to be be able to opt out of currencies and sit on your nugget thats fine. Most of us just have to use the paper stuff.

Isnt the worth of everything measured in gold in REAL terms?

ed: if anything, it just shows to what lengths bulls will go to make themselves feel richer.

Interesting:

"Yet while politicians favor central bank control of money, history and the laws of economics are on the side of gold. Even though central banks try to mask their inflationary policies and suppress the price of gold by surreptitiously selling it, the gold markets always cut through the smokescreen eventually. Rising gold prices like we see today historically signify trouble for paper currencies, and the dollar is no exception."

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2005/tst120505.htm

Keep sticking with the paper stuff huh?

Edited by sllabres

HOLA444

Why not follow the mortgage approval story and now backed up by the Nationwide today – it all looks rather up, up, and away, so much so, and so embarrassingly so, that the lenders are even trying to talk it down. :o

Edited by spline

HOLA445
HOLA446

A great deal of people buy houses with loans backed by gold.

HOLA447

Why not follow the mortgage approval story and now backed up by the Nationwide today – it all looks rather up, up, and away, so much so, and so embarrassingly so, that the lenders are even trying to talk it down. :o

you believe the nationwides figures as being accurate and honest???

really??

:lol:

HOLA448

Your bank will stop at almost nothing to LOAN you bricks....

And plenty of banks may have to start accepting BRICK dust back....... :unsure:

HOLA449

you believe the nationwides figures as being accurate and honest???

really??

:lol:

Nope, but the current high mortgage approval rate suggests significant positive HPI for this year, and that’s actually taking a rather conservative view :P ; the Nationwide figures, and their obvious embarrassment at the situation, simply backs up our my own and others’ analysis already posted on this site.

HOLA4410

I do not understand why people post this rubbish about house prices having crashed if you were to buy with GOLD. What about paying for it in baked beans?

You could say that if you bought it with computer processors (i.e something that has deflated in price in the past couple of years), then house prices have rocketed!.

I challenge anybody to name anyone in the UK who has bought a house with Gold Bullion.

Clutching at straws springs to mind.

CF

HOLA4411

Its not about the house being priced in Gold.

Its about investing your money into something other than cash (in which houses are priced).

Due to rampant inflation you need to invest your money somewhere that outperforms the cash price of the asset that you want to buy with it.... for example a house.

If I had a £10K deposit last year and invested it into something that went up 30% in value (for example gold) then I could cash out and now have £13K.

If you extrapolate the price of a house to be priced in gold (at the current gold spot price) then house prices are indeed falling when priced in gold, as gold is rising faster (last 12 months) than house prices.... this would be true of pricing your house in any investment with better returns than HPI.

If in future you expected gold to double and housing to halve then maybe gold is a good place to put your money.

If you expect gold to dive and housing to rise/stagnate then gold isn't for you.

(And I know that you don't actually BUY a house with a pot of gold coins... you sell the gold (or gold shares / goldgrams etc) for cash and then use the cash to buy.

HOLA4412

I do not understand why people post this rubbish about house prices having crashed if you were to buy with GOLD. What about paying for it in baked beans?

You could say that if you bought it with computer processors (i.e something that has deflated in price in the past couple of years), then house prices have rocketed!.

I challenge anybody to name anyone in the UK who has bought a house with Gold Bullion.

CF

Someone who stores their wealth in the form of gold will pay for it in gold effectively. They just need to convert it to GBP when they want to buy. In the same way as buying a house in France involves exchanging your GBP for EUR. If GBP is stronger on the day you convert the house is cheaper for you in GBP terms.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Its not about the house being priced in Gold.

Its about investing your money into something other than cash (in which houses are priced).

Fair point - but it's still grossly inaccurate to say that houses have crashed because an alternative asset has been on a bull run.

HOLA4415

it's still grossly inaccurate to say that houses have crashed because an alternative asset has been on a bull run.

That is exactly my point.

It is irrelevant to 99.999% of the UK population what the price of gold (or other 'Bull Run' commodities are) in relation to house prices as a comparator.

What about an equivalent comparison with the stock market - far more relevant to people, I would think.

This 'CRASH' comparison because GOLD has been on a bull run is fatuous anyway, as it pre-supposes that people have all got huge wads of wealth invested in gold.

If you said "*House prices* have crashed for 'Goldfinger' because he has got shedloads of gold that has gone up 100% in the last 3 years" then it is more realistic.

However, the ridiculousness of this statement becomes apparent, as you can substitute *House prices* with virtually anything else, and the statement would still be true!

HOLA4416

However, the ridiculousness of this statement becomes apparent, as you can substitute *House prices* with virtually anything else, and the statement would still be true!

However remember that house prices are booming, of course this is compared to the prices of DVD players

And I be more people have a DVD in their house than a bar of Gold...

HOLA4417

CF

Sorry, baked beans and processors are not currencies. GOLD is.

Remember folks.. Paper money, the stuff you are all so fond of, was orginally just receipts for gold. Comparing Gold with Baked Beans is well..stuck on stupid.

HOLA4418

Remember folks.. Paper money, the stuff you are all so fond of, was orginally just receipts for gold. Comparing Gold with Baked Beans is well..stuck on stupid.

So go on then, tell me (just one will do :) ) all of those thousands of people that you know of who are about to buy a house with their pile of gold then?

I think the world has moved on from using gold backed paper.

I can assume by your lack of a reply to my other point, that you agree with me in that "almost everything has CRASHED in price in comparison to gold over the last 3 years"

Which just goes to show what a pile of pap your original statement is.

HOLA4419

Hi

Perhaps you could let me know which country has gold as its legal currency?

Just wondering?

HOLA4420

I can assume by your lack of a reply to my other point, that you agree with me in that "almost everything has CRASHED in price in comparison to gold over the last 3 years"

Which just goes to show what a pile of pap your original statement is.

Debt shares haven't ;)

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Hi

Perhaps you could let me know which country has gold as its legal currency?

Just wondering?

Nearly every country in the world accepts Gold for local currency, which you can then purchase goods and services with.

There are banks popping up that allow electronic transfer of Gold to any bank in the world; either in Gold g's or converted into any local currency. www.goldmoney.com is an example.

I don't see any such service for baked beans or processors.

HOLA4423

Gold dosen't have to be used directly as a currency, it just has to be converted into the currency in which you need to perform a transaction... be that £s, $s, Baked Beans or processors.

Although if anyone owed me money and wanted to pay me in gold coins then I'd accept them at spot price.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425