Credit Card Bill

HOLA441
HOLA442

Got my credit card bill yesterday:

Balance £0

Payments due £0

Credit available £4200 (no thanks)

:lol:

same here yet I still get stuff through the post daily saying "take this 20k loan" printed on a fake cheque. laughable. I laugh then rip it up thinking how many trees they must waste... :P

HOLA443

Got my credit card bill yesterday:

Balance £0

Payments due £0

Credit available £4200 (no thanks)

:lol:

Yep, I'd say of the 12 bills I get per year, 10 of them are like yours: £0.00. And of the ones that aren't, they are just £100-£200 and are paid off immediately.

Same with my mobile phone: got a cheap pay-as-you-go model 4 years ago with £20 worth of free calls. It still has £15 of that left! Should last me another 10 years, I guess. :D

Nomadd

HOLA444
HOLA445

How do you spend nothing on credit cards????

My bill is usually £500-£1000 per month, just on normal stuff like food, petrol, etc. How do you guys pay for the essentials? Cash??

There are some benefits to using a CC for these items:

1) Cashback at the end of the year (1%)

2) 30-60 days to pay (obviously, pay off in full)

Don't be negative about credit cards, use them wisely!

HOLA446

My bill is usually £500-£1000 per month, just on normal stuff like food, petrol, etc. How do you guys pay for the essentials? Cash??

I just use my debt card.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

Debit card/cash for everything & when it runs out I stop, not that my financial health is brilliant, I just exercise self-control.

HOLA4410

that attitude is the reason every item in a shop has a built in credit card transaction cost

i pay cash, only use credit card for online and on the phone.have never used a credit card outta the house in years, infact i dont even know my pin numbers

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

why do you even own a credit card ?

just get a debit card dude.

your on their books.

why ?

have to admit I don't actually have one, I used to have one through work but never used it or paid it off straight away.

I've got to get a couple to take travelling for the flexibility if I lost/had stolen my debit card, but if I do use it I'll be paying it off straight away.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I don't have a credit card or a store card. I always tick/untick the privacy box on forms. I do not answer surveys.

I recieve no junk mail. I pay no interest. I buy whatever I want, whenever I want. I invest the remainder and reinvest the earnings/dividend.

I am doing my bit for the economy by lending money to multinationals, they are financially more responsible than Jonny cashback.

HOLA4415

I only use my CC for big stuff or online purchases owing to the extra protection given. The only thing is that a fair few others seem to have been using their CCs online too - my terms and conditions have just changed to treat expenditure for gambling purposes as an advance of cash! :o

HOLA4416

I have a crap CC, Barclaycard. I have an extended warranty on a few things, but otherwise it's worth nothing to me. I think I missed the boat on cashback cards. When I looked into it recently there didn't seem to be much in it for me.

I pay mine off in full every month by direct debit.

Billy Shears

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

I was just thinking the other day how my credit card has a limit of just over £4000, which doesn't seem anywhere near what some of my friends' credit limits are. As if in answer to my thoughts, a letter plopped through the door from my bank. £8000 credit limit, card pre-approved, sign here, o valued customer. So I stuck it in the shredder. I guess this is why I have a lower credit limit. :)

HOLA4419

I use my cash back credit card for as much as I can. It gets paid off by direct debit each month. If my monthly spending is £1000, I get around £60 cash back a year and earn £50 in interest on the money saved each month. It's not a lot but it all adds to my future house deposit.

HOLA4420

why do you even own a credit card ?

just get a debit card dude.

There is actually one very good reason to buy stuff on a CC rather than a DC. This is simply the much higher level of protection that the CC company must provide you with.

If you buy something using a DC, it's almost the same as paying cash. However, if you buy something on a CC, the CC issuer takes a big slice of responsibility. I'll illustrate.

Say you buy a £500 fridge from an online retailer. Say this fridge never materialises, but the retailer is unhelpful. What do you do?

If you used a DC, you could take them to court. If you used a CC, your CC company will give you a full refund (after a 30 day wait).

I have 2 CC, and use them to make nearly all purchases. I always pay them off in full, and have never paid a penny of interest. But I have used their added protection on several occasions.

HOLA4421