House Price Crash Forum

UK HPI (LR) - 0.2% YoY 0.4% MoM

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
2 minutes ago, Frankie Teardrop said:

Deflation!

But not in Stewy land (the NE) which to be fair is ON FIRE!

(+3.2% MoM)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
11 minutes ago, Timm said:

(+3.2% MoM)

When I was in NE England a few months ago I was wondering why everything seemed so busy compared with normal. Maybe more people are moving up there which is pushing prices up quicker. Property was already reasonably priced compared with many other regions so would seem excellent value for those able to relocate.

HOLA448
19 minutes ago, Timm said:

(+3.2% MoM)

I suspect the London bias is pushing the reading slightly negative (although -0.2 is still totally Plateaud), and most everywhere else is likely positive. 

HOLA449
5 minutes ago, Stewy said:

I suspect the London bias is pushing the reading slightly negative (although -0.2 is still totally Plateaud), and most everywhere else is likely positive. 

Found this

MonthlyPercChange_Map_20240201.jpg

HOLA4410

Massive bear food in section 4 and 5 ... like this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistics/uk-house-price-index-for-february-2024/uk-house-price-index-summary-february-2024#:~:text=Comparing the provisional UK,to Quarter 4 2023.

Comparing the provisional UK HPI volume estimate for December 2022 with the provisional UK HPI volume estimate for December 2023, volume transactions decreased by 48.9% in England, 7.6% in Scotland and 44.3% in Wales. Northern Ireland’s UK HPI volume transactions decreased by 13.4% in the year to Quarter 4 2023.

And a personal favourite:

image.png.5c025088b9a7eb1f5e5ca72344503aea.png

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

New builds up 16% is complete nonsense at a time when house builders are struggling and making cuts. More likely low sales volumes are being skewed towards higher end properties.

HOLA4412
5 minutes ago, fellow said:

New builds up 16% is complete nonsense at a time when house builders are struggling and making cuts. More likely low sales volumes are being skewed towards higher end properties.

That, and incentives.

They will knock 5% off for you before you even walk in the door.

HOLA4413
3 hours ago, fellow said:

Yep, I'm really surprised. Would have expected the opposite with the end of Help To Buy. some dodgy accounting going on?

HOLA4414
On 17/04/2024 at 15:43, PropertyMania said:

Yep, I'm really surprised. Would have expected the opposite with the end of Help To Buy. some dodgy accounting going on?

"some" ... maybe. :)

That said - if there were some *really* expensive new builds this could have skewed the numbers.

But it would have to be a (very?) small number (and, thus, **very** expensive) new builds because the transactions volumes are at (almost?) historic-low levels?

But I thought all the slicing out of "exceptions" woul dhave those removed from the "16% change in the 'national' (and thus meaningless) number"?

HOLA4415
2 hours ago, Aidan Ap Word said:

"some" ... maybe. :)

That said - if there were some *really* expensive new builds this could have skewed the numbers.

But it would have to be a (very?) small number (and, thus, **very** expensive) new builds because the transactions volumes are at (almost?) historic-low levels?

But I thought all the slicing out of "exceptions" woul dhave those removed from the "16% change in the 'national' (and thus meaningless) number"?

Maybe the house builders are concentrating on building decent houses for those who can actually afford them, rather than knocking out loads of flats nobody wants or can afford at the prices previously achieved?