House Price Crash Forum

Russell Brand and people defending indefensible

Staffsknot

HOLA441

I dont know what to believe, but watching Channel 4 news last night, Jess Philips and the presenter have obviously already made up their minds, and my thought was, if Brand was forcing himself onto the woman in an act of rape, which is an act of violence, did Brand have any sort of marks on him? Surely in that situation a woman would have been scratching at his face, and clawing his eyes out?

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
16 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

Due process is underway. Meanwhile Brand is free to continue to perform shows, I'm not aware of any mobs standing in his way.

I felt much the same as you until I read his text, which is evidence of some kind of assault. I'd be surprised if it's not enough to get him into court, then you will get your real judge and jury.

Salmond was 'not proven' which was a tad different. 

TBH, a conviction for rape is pretty close to impossible. If she is not drugged, it is hard to prive force, and if she is drugged she probably did not resist.

HOLA443

2 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

TBH, a conviction for rape is pretty close to impossible. If she is not drugged, it is hard to prive force, and if she is drugged she probably did not resist.

The post below is the issue well illustrated. 

6 minutes ago, Jinxed said:

I dont know what to believe, but watching Channel 4 news last night, Jess Philips and the presenter have obviously already made up their minds, and my thought was, if Brand was forcing himself onto the woman in an act of rape, which is an act of violence, did Brand have any sort of marks on him? Surely in that situation a woman would have been scratching at his face, and clawing his eyes out?

We typically take someone's word for it if they are robbed, but require far more for rape.

HOLA444
1 hour ago, Jinxed said:

There is no requirement in law for the perpetrator to have been injured nor would this be relevant years later - ask Trump he was convicted of sexual assault on a woman and forcing himself on her.

Also rape can happen in marriages and relationships so explain why you'd gouge your partners eyes out or leave scarring, more likely a couple of bruises and they would be gone by the time of anything being done - which is half the battle.

So legally and in reality no it isn't suspicious his face wasn't clawed off

HOLA445
2 hours ago, mynamehere said:

Due process is underway. Meanwhile Brand is free to continue to perform shows, I'm not aware of any mobs standing in his way.

I felt much the same as you until I read his text, which is evidence of some kind of assault. I'd be surprised if it's not enough to get him into court, then you will get your real judge and jury.

Salmond was 'not proven' which was a tad different. 

Mysteriously, all of those shows have now been cancelled. How about that?

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
3 hours ago, Jinxed said:

Is Creepy Uncle Rupe a fit and proper person to own a UK newspaper?

Never.

rupert_murdoch.png&f=1&nofb=1&ipt=7f1a25

Edited by zugzwang

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
2 hours ago, zugzwang said:

Just these three?

No word on your man Trumpy? Coma and Unta? The Great Shattan?

I'm just happy you are OK.

How is Xi doing in China ATM?

Everything rosy in the economy?

Young graduates don't feel hopeless?

What do you think the solution is to the millions of Incel Chinese who may never find love?

I know its off topic, but i dont think @Staffsknot will mind.. I'm happy to be corrected however and if needed start a new thread about the rapid fall of the Chinese economy and the next 100 of whatever it was called. (The 100 years of humiliation or something like that)

HOLA4413
2 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

A mystery to @mynamehere who seems to think what's happening to Brand is due process not trial by media.

The trial by media appears to have been going on for years behind the scenes. Why would such an obvious attention whore just disappear from public broadcasting around about the same time the metoo stuff got going  and not do any BBC or UK TV work at all?

I used to be big fan,  listened to every podcast he made with Matt, and all his TV stuff, so well aware of everything he said. So it always seemed odd to me he just vanished from the mainstream, sailed through the me too years without a scratch. 

This stage however is criminal allegations, a whole new kettle of fish. If it doesn't have legs, Brand is going to have good grounds to sue C4 for serious money, hence I presume why it hasn't happened until now.

HOLA4414
10 minutes ago, Grayphil said:

I'm just happy you are OK.

How is Xi doing in China ATM?

Everything rosy in the economy?

Young graduates don't feel hopeless?

What do you think the solution is to the millions of Incel Chinese who may never find love?

I know its off topic, but i dont think @Staffsknot will mind.. I'm happy to be corrected however and if needed start a new thread about the rapid fall of the Chinese economy and the next 100 of whatever it was called. (The 100 years of humiliation or something like that)

Not even the slightest bit curious about the relationship RB enjoys with Don jr?

Brand-was-photographed-for-a-picture-wit

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/donald-trump-jr-backs-russell-brand-after-comedian-is-accused-of-sexual-assault/ar-AA1gTMrX

Donald Trump Jr backs Russell Brand after comedian is accused of sexual assault

Story by Bevan Hurley • 3h

Donald Trump Jr has come out in support of Russell Brand after the comedian was accused of the rape and sexual assault of four women.

The former first son posted a meme to his 6.5 million followers on Instagram from the “Censored Men” Twitter account which compared Brand to Julian Assange, Andrew Tate and his father Donald Trump along with the words: “Notice a pattern?”.

“One day they’ll be coming for you,” Mr Trump Jr wrote in a caption. “I don’t believe in this much coincidence and neither should you.”

HOLA4415
25 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

The trial by media appears to have been going on for years behind the scenes. Why would such an obvious attention whore just disappear from public broadcasting around about the same time the metoo stuff got going  and not do any BBC or UK TV work at all?

I used to be big fan,  listened to every podcast he made with Matt, and all his TV stuff, so well aware of everything he said. So it always seemed odd to me he just vanished from the mainstream, sailed through the me too years without a scratch. 

This stage however is criminal allegations, a whole new kettle of fish. If it doesn't have legs, Brand is going to have good grounds to sue C4 for serious money, hence I presume why it hasn't happened until now.

He didn't sail through it he got lawyered up, allegedly silenced people and the former head of C4 news has come out and said BBC, C4 and newspaper journos have been trying to get stories about him over line for best part of a decade. They just struggled to hit watertight case and slimeball wriggled free

HOLA4416
7 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Not even the slightest bit curious about the relationship RB enjoys with Don jr?

Brand-was-photographed-for-a-picture-wit

https://www.msn.com/en-ie/news/world/donald-trump-jr-backs-russell-brand-after-comedian-is-accused-of-sexual-assault/ar-AA1gTMrX

Donald Trump Jr backs Russell Brand after comedian is accused of sexual assault

Story by Bevan Hurley • 3h

Donald Trump Jr has come out in support of Russell Brand after the comedian was accused of the rape and sexual assault of four women.

The former first son posted a meme to his 6.5 million followers on Instagram from the “Censored Men” Twitter account which compared Brand to Julian Assange, Andrew Tate and his father Donald Trump along with the words: “Notice a pattern?”.

“One day they’ll be coming for you,” Mr Trump Jr wrote in a caption. “I don’t believe in this much coincidence and neither should you.”

Someone's on dangerous ground

Xi raisres his mate Putin, backs him.

Putin praises Trumpy, backs him

Trumpy and his clan back Brand

Sheesh your party card will be revoked or you'll suddenly do a 360 and claim its the media out for him when the party gives you your opinion on the matter.

But this is about Brand not your failure to manage independent thought, nice to see you want to make it about anything but the story in question with all your inane posts

Edited by Staffsknot

HOLA4417
8 minutes ago, Staffsknot said:

He didn't sail through it he got lawyered up, allegedly silenced people and the former head of C4 news has come out and said BBC, C4 and newspaper journos have been trying to get stories about him over line for best part of a decade. They just struggled to hit watertight case and slimeball wriggled free

Sailed through in headlines terms. Do a google search limited from 2020 -2022 just to pick a random period, and there is nothing. The results are as clean as a nuns armpit

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
7 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

Sailed through in headlines terms. Do a google search limited from 2020 -2022 just to pick a random period, and there is nothing. The results are as clean as a nuns armpit

As said the journos were working trying to get stories over the line and could not until he published his book and finally it was the red rag to several victims who now were willing to go through with the publication

HOLA4420
27 minutes ago, mynamehere said:

Rupert Murdoch's got a rap-sheet 10x as long as RB!

The Mail and the Telegraph in particular, in their haste to pin all wrongdoing on Rotten Lefties, may find themselves in some  very hot water.

HOLA4421
9 minutes ago, zugzwang said:

Rupert Murdoch's got a rap-sheet 10x as long as RB!

The Mail and the Telegraph in particular, in their haste to pin all wrongdoing on Rotten Lefties, may find themselves in some  very hot water.

I think you might be overestimating the threat to the establishment of someone whose last big gig was bake off 

HOLA4422
53 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Rape is close to decriminalised. I think it is a shame, but we are brought up differently.

If wrongdoing can't be established then the law is an ass. If you're in a stranger's bedroom after dark with your clothes half off then you're almost certainly there by consent.

HOLA4423
6 hours ago, satsuma said:

Mixed feelings about some of the above, Brand is a nasty piece of work so niothing would surprise me, however if you look at the Paddy Jackson case, he was falsely accused of rape, his name was in all the papers, turns out another woman witnessed the accuser getting it from behind while blowing a second guy at the same time, and she was loving it.  Jackson lost his contract, the woman's name was protected, so it is double standards.  She was never prosecuted and should have been so more double standards.  

If you read the report (I've linked it on Pg1) you'll see that it's four different independent women in the UK and US making accusations of rape, sexual assault and child grooming, and some fairly compelling testimony too, backed up by other witnesses in some cases. Report is credible and damning IMO. The amount of lawyers who have obviously gone through this already and the cost of defamation to Sunday Times/Dispatches had all of it not been watertight isn't convincing enough for you?

Fair enough if you want to side with complete muppets like Piers Morgan and Elon M*sk.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
1 minute ago, Joris Bohnson said:

If you read the report (I've linked it on Pg1) you'll see that it's four different independent women in the UK and US making accusations of rape, sexual assault and child grooming, and some fairly compelling testimony too, backed up by other witnesses in some cases. Report is credible and damning IMO. The amount of lawyers who have obviously gone through this already and the cost of defamation to Sunday Times/Dispatches had all of it not been watertight isn't convincing enough for you?

Fair enough if you want to side with complete muppets like Piers Morgan and Elon M*sk.

Creepy Uncle Rupe has rolled the dice plenty of times before and lost comprehensively. The Sunday Times is a scabrous hate-sheet, written by crooks and read by morons.