House Price Crash Forum

Voting photo ID

Voting photo ID  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Do you have your photo ID ready to vote?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not going to vote

HOLA441
  • Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
1 hour ago, MARTINX9 said:

Exactly - young people are far more likely to carry round photo id all the time to enter venues, buy alcohol etc. Because you could be asked for it at any time.

Odd that people accept you need photo id to buy a bottle of vodka or some cans of lager - but not to vote?

The vast majority of European nations require people to show photo ID to vote - France, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Iceland, Norway, Sweden etc etc

Yes because they have national ID cards.....we do not.

Millions of people here in the UK don't have the ID necessary to vote.....why should they?.....not fair, equal and not equitable.;)

HOLA443

Exactly - young people are far more likely to carry round photo id all the time to enter venues, buy alcohol etc. Because you could be asked for it at any time.

Odd that people accept you need photo id to buy a bottle of vodka or some cans of lager - but not to vote?

The vast majority of European nations require people to show photo ID to vote - France, the Netherlands, Spain, Italy, Iceland, Norway, Sweden etc etc

Come on you lying liar.

Those nations have national ID cards. They also do not claim that younger peoples id is less acceptable.

Have some dignity and stop this nonsense. We would have to be retarded to fall for this, you are only fooling yourself.

HOLA444
16 hours ago, winkie said:

I know for a fact, many young people and older people also do not drive in London, they don't need to......holding a passport, not everyone has one of those for sure.

Another hurdle is knowing where to go and getting there to get a photo for the id card, and of course there is the price.;)

The ID is FREE. Everyone who has a passport or a driving licence has had to somehow manage the incredibly arduous (not really) task of finding where to get a photo taken, get there and pay for them. Anyone incapable of this doesn't deserve a vote and it is probably for the best that they can't, just like anyone incapable of this shouldn't be driving.

HOLA445
23 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

Come on you lying liar.

Those nations have national ID cards. They also do not claim that younger peoples id is less acceptable.

Have some dignity and stop this nonsense. We would have to be retarded to fall for this, you are only fooling yourself.

They got away it with the brexit obfuscation.... hopefully people will not be so naive next time...or as my friend says hoodwinked.;)

Edited by winkie

HOLA446
15 hours ago, Chunketh said:

no, blocking the poor out is the objective. Its the republican playbook 101.

How is it blocking the poor out? The ID is FREE. The desperation of some to find non existent issues is quite something.

HOLA447
13 hours ago, Confusion of VIs said:

Are you really dim enough to believe that.

The only reason this is being introduced is because the people in charge believe it will favour them. May only be a 1% bias but that could make a difference in many seats

🤣🤣🤣

If you are incapable of obtaining FREE voter ID, you are too thick to deserve a vote. Simple as.

HOLA448
4 hours ago, winkie said:

Vote for something different...... what we should have as in most countries of the world is proportional representation.....

A government that represents the views and needs of everyone....not just the few.;)

And we are never going to get that. We will always have FPTP because FPTP suits the Westminster Party down to the ground and those who want proportional representation keep voting for parties who want FPTP. How dumb can people be?

HOLA449
12 minutes ago, winkie said:

They got away it with the brexit obfuscation.... hopefully people will not be so naive next time...or as my friend says hoodwinked.;)

It is like the attitude to back people voting in the USA. It is hard to accept that the votes of people who disagree with you are legitimate.

HOLA4410

Indeed. There is simply no sensible argument against it. Some of the supposed reasons people are trying to create are utterly pathetic. And they didn't seem to give a toss about Northern Ireland when it was introduced over there. Must be a case of English exceptionalism. We are English and we are better and more trustable than than all those other countries who insist on ID being shown to vote. Which is also pretty racist.

HOLA4411
1 hour ago, Riedquat said:

Couldn't agree more about fixing a non-existant issue. This voter ID requirement stinks to high heaven. The ever-increasing demand for ID is extremely odious in its own right even when you can come up with a degree of justification for it (quite why so many are so willing to be tagged, marked, and branded in this way I'll never sympathise with). This fails even that.

Why is it only a "non existent issue" for us English? How come so many other countries insist on ID being show to vote? Do you think us English are just better and more trustable than all those forriners?

HOLA4412
19 hours ago, Postman said:

I am going to argue with the lady behind the table and accuse her of being a Tory before showing my ID and voting anyway. The Tories are attempting to disenfranchise a whole swathe of the UK under the guise of "fixing a security issue" that does not even exist. I am going to do my bit toward what I predict will be a massive fiasco and an own goal for the Tories.

Fiver says you don't. Any why pick on the poor sod in the polling booth (and why assume it will be a lady?)? All they will be doing is enforcing the laws. Go and be a Steve Bray outside parliament if you feel that strongly about it.

HOLA4413
47 minutes ago, winkie said:

Yes because they have national ID cards.....we do not.

Millions of people here in the UK don't have the ID necessary to vote.....why should they?.....not fair, equal and not equitable.;)

Considering all the things you need ID for to participate in society in a meaningful way, this, if true, should be very concerning indeed.

HOLA4414
2 hours ago, Riedquat said:

I'm bloody glad that I'm old enough to have lived in a time when getting IDed like that was not commonplace. Making people accept that it's the norm to have to carry anything at all around that's not of their benefit, that they're only out and about on the sufferance of their betters if they can demonstrate it, is vile.

You used to be able to get weekend passports for visiting France that you wrote out yourself, that got stamped at the post office.

Used to buy a pen that you could rub out, fill it in with my correct details, then upon the post office doing their bit would change the DOB upon leaving. Only way to get around looking 12 when i was 17!

HOLA4415
48 minutes ago, Bob8 said:

It is like the attitude to back people voting in the USA. It is hard to accept that the votes of people who disagree with you are legitimate.

All votes should count.....if not very dark and disturbing.

Rich or poor, educated or not so well educated, sick or healthy, young or old...those who drive and those that don't drive, those who travel and those that don't travel......the more anyone travels the more they see.;)

HOLA4416
4 hours ago, Bob8 said:

They could. I specifically included that.

What I asked was which two of the following three was voted or in the vote:

1) Maintaining the Good Friday Agreement
2) Leaving the Customs Union and Single Market
3) Maintaining the integrity of the United Kingdom

Below is what was in the voting card looked like, so none of what you state was "in the vote".

One of my main reasons for wanting to leave the EU, was that i'm of the opinion that anyone who votes for a huge unaccountable layer of govt which is akin to the Chinese system has to be a moron that loves being told what to do.

This site has plenty of leftys  (quite rightly) whining about neoliberalism and the govt, yet the same people then want to stay in a construct that is a neoliberals wet dream, and have a huge unaccountable layer of govt dictating their life.

Though i do understand that joined up thinking isnt something those of a left wing persuasion are able to do.

As i said in a previous post i voted to leave, despite often working in mainland Europe, knowing it would make working in the EU much more difficult.  I like no one in the UK could have predicted the Tory party would then decide to replace cheap Eastern European labour with the dregs of the Islamic 3rd world at such a rapid pace.

Anyway my voting slip for May just arrived and went directly in the bin; as the masses vote LABCON it really is a pointless exercise to pretend we have a choice of govt who will actually serve the public as opposed to themselves, the corporation and their chosen victims of the day, which at the moment is people with dark skin, and LGBTQ.

image.png.6a498606fa6ce30f116b2f5753ae68ba.png

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
57 minutes ago, SickOfWaiting said:

Below is what was in the voting card looked like, so none of what you state was "in the vote".

One of my main reasons for wanting to leave the EU, was that i'm of the opinion that anyone who votes for a huge unaccountable layer of govt which is akin to the Chinese system has to be a moron that loves being told what to do.

This site has plenty of leftys  (quite rightly) whining about neoliberalism and the govt, yet the same people then want to stay in a construct that is a neoliberals wet dream, and have a huge unaccountable layer of govt dictating their life.

Though i do understand that joined up thinking isnt something those of a left wing persuasion are able to do.

As i said in a previous post i voted to leave, despite often working in mainland Europe, knowing it would make working in the EU much more difficult.  I like no one in the UK could have predicted the Tory party would then decide to replace cheap Eastern European labour with the dregs of the Islamic 3rd world at such a rapid pace.

Anyway my voting slip for May just arrived and went directly in the bin; as the masses vote LABCON it really is a pointless exercise to pretend we have a choice of govt who will actually serve the public as opposed to themselves, the corporation and their chosen victims of the day, which at the moment is people with dark skin, and LGBTQ.

image.png.6a498606fa6ce30f116b2f5753ae68ba.png

We left the EU. So, your demand, despite your childish whining, was met.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
1 hour ago, Bob8 said:

We left the EU. So, your demand, despite your childish whining, was met.

Ive answered your absurd question, the answer is none of them.

HOLA4421
Just now, SickOfWaiting said:

Ive answered your absurd question, the answer is none of them.

So, you want none of these:

i.e., you want to stay in the single market, break the GFA anyway, and presumably give East Anglia to Norway or something?
Have you thought this through :D

HOLA4422
3 hours ago, Cocha said:

Fiver says you don't. Any why pick on the poor sod in the polling booth (and why assume it will be a lady?)? All they will be doing is enforcing the laws. Go and be a Steve Bray outside parliament if you feel that strongly about it.

Because It has invariably been a lady behind the table (ime), and I'm not picking on her for upholding the government's antidemocratic dictat (no one made her do it), I'm making a point of principle. I'm not planning to be insulting or rude to the lady, but my voice will be heard, despite government attempts to silence it.

HOLA4423
3 hours ago, Cocha said:

Considering all the things you need ID for to participate in society in a meaningful way, this, if true, should be very concerning indeed.

Yeah, we all know what you think of voters anyway. I'll post your very quote below, verbatim.

'It helps our political class aka The Kleptocratic Duopoly of Westminster, no end that they know that no matter what they do, they will retain power because our re-tarded masses will just keep voting for them and alternating between the red half and the blue half. And they just laugh at the re-tarded masses moaning endlessly about the things they keep voting for more of.'

HOLA4424

Far too many voted to be totally controlled......very many in  that case left them to get on with it......UK is no longer a free and easy place to live.....escape and live, or be told everything should do.....how you should live, who is good enough and who is not.

Better than the rest, entitlement......;)

HOLA4425