House Price Crash Forum

The worst time to buy a house in 150 years

HOLA441
20 minutes ago, bartelbe said:

Oh good the supporters of the blue team are having a pointless argument with supporters of the red team. 

Hate to break it to the lot of you, all the politicians are to blame on this issue. They all took it as gospel that runaway house price inflation was a good thing and did everything they could to inflate the bubble.

This thread has degraded into the equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb.

Ah the KlEpToCrATiC dUoPoLy line....

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
20 minutes ago, bartelbe said:

Oh good the supporters of the blue team are having a pointless argument with supporters of the red team. 

Hate to break it to the lot of you, all the politicians are to blame on this issue. They all took it as gospel that runaway house price inflation was a good thing and did everything they could to inflate the bubble.

This thread has degraded into the equivalent of two bald men fighting over a comb.

Less Blue / Red more holding the actual folk in power to account opposed to wailing about It CoUlD Be WoRsE.

That's how Democracy works

HOLA443
12 hours ago, bartelbe said:

Very true AFAIK not a single MP said that HTB was a bad idea and of course lots on all sides are pro NIMBY and pro unchecked immigration.

HOLA444
17 hours ago, msi said:

Try to read and pass basic comprehension before posting again

Ah the old non-reply, reply.

Since you're replaying all the old hits how about in your next reply to me using your tried tested cliches like 'throbbing temple', 'daily wail' 'gammon' etc as you do across every thread on this forum...........

#justathought

HOLA445
Just now, burk said:

Ah the old non-reply, reply.

Since you're replaying all the old hits how about in your next reply to me using your tried tested cliches like 'throbbing temple', 'daily wail' 'gammon' etc as you do across every thread on this forum...........

#justathought

how about

Burk by name...;)

HOLA446
HOLA447
On 21/02/2023 at 03:43, Nick Cash said:

I think some people are realising that too much wealth is tied up in property.

I don’t think blaming Boomers is productive in this case though. Many Gen X have also benefitted. As have global investors. I’ve got about 35 more years before I shuffle off (I’m one of the youngest boomers). The huge increase in birth rate was mid 50s to mid 60s so most Boomers have at least 20 years to exist dribbling over the Telegraph crossword.

I also think that most politicians tend, unfortunately, to be self-serving and most exhibit “boomer” behaviour whatever their age. 

You've gotta be at least 60, so I'm surprised "at least 20 years to exist" is in your vocabulary. 

HOLA448

No political party should have full and total control of a country they only partially represent........better to have shared power, a coalition one holding the other to account......doing what is best for the country and the people.......we have not had that for years, take back control means easier to do things shouldn't do for personal gain and spend and waste money in the wrong way.....so much work to be done to get the leadership of the country to run like an excellent business should be run.;)

list-of-core-values.jpg

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
14 hours ago, Nick Cash said:

Yes, I’m pretty good. Several dead friends and others who are long term ill though.

Brisk hillwalking and squash are my main activities.

You can't beat a good hike for refreshing the senses and getting the heart pumping, although I doubt my knees would thank me for trying squash. 

HOLA4416
5 minutes ago, Up the spout said:

You can't beat a good hike for refreshing the senses and getting the heart pumping, although I doubt my knees would thank me for trying squash. 

I played squash this afternoon. Court was over heated so the ball bounced like a tennis ball. We decided to amend the rules to save our knees. It meant the rallies were very long. I had to slow down in the last fifteen minutes - my heart (for the first time ever) was struggling. No idea how old you are but once you’re over 55 you have to listen to your body and be sensible.

Mentally I’m rubbish without decent exercise as some of my posts on here will show.

HOLA4417
12 minutes ago, Nick Cash said:

I played squash this afternoon. Court was over heated so the ball bounced like a tennis ball. We decided to amend the rules to save our knees. It meant the rallies were very long. I had to slow down in the last fifteen minutes - my heart (for the first time ever) was struggling. No idea how old you are but once you’re over 55 you have to listen to your body and be sensible.

Mentally I’m rubbish without decent exercise as some of my posts on here will show.

Almost 50 although my knees have always been a weak link, but as long as the activity doesn't include too much twisting or rapid changes of direction then I'm generally alright - swimming, walking, cycling, hiking, climbing, rowing, yoga, and canoeing have always been incident-free. Fortunately you can take all of those at your own pace, for which mine is 'leisurely'.