House Price Crash Forum

Can't pay won't pay. Can pay won't pay. What now?

HOLA441
  • Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
On 01/10/2021 at 07:12, hotblack42 said:

BBC  yesterday gave Gatwick a lot of coverage.  Still little going on  despite restrictions easing a lot & travel insurance now covering Covid.

This suggests that many people with cash are seeing the palava involved in flying and shrugging, "we'll wait". Many may just get out of expensive habits, realising they didn't bring happiness.

Others already can't pay or will be worried about the rising cost of necessities so are sitting on their hands.

So if discretionary spending goes, has gone?, off a cliff & inflated goods & services sit unsold on the shelves.

What will happen?

prices for flights and holidays for those that can afford it will drop due to lack of demand, which comes back to "the rich getting richer" as they have to pay less for the things the rich do. 

HOLA443
7 minutes ago, byron78 said:

You're welcome to the race card if it keeps you happy tbh.

Poor proles who punch down not up are perfect in my old Tory eyes.

Your not you use it inappropriately.

Anyway what are you doing on here this morning you are meant to be on your way to Dover ?  

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
19 hours ago, Insane said:

The message I got from the Labour Conference this week was :-

The New Policy's are as follows :-

The Tory's are Scum.

The next James Bond should be female.

Then there was a lady who could not attend ( forgotten her name) she is a Labour Party member but due to her Tweets on Transgender issues not being the party policy line she was receiving Death Threats.

Now I wonder which part of the message I Heard Wrong 🤣🤣🤣

I am conservative with a small c and would agree some tory grandees are - so old message LOL

Even Daniel Craig doesn't think that

The cervix was a central point of policy which alienates  me a little...😂

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
46 minutes ago, GregBowman said:

Like you Mr Bitcoin ? you are in the top 5%

No idea, had a quick tot up of Family wealth and income as of today and looking forward into 2022 , net worth House, pensions, cash and crypto (ignoring "stuff" i.e cars, jewellery, electronics, furniture, etc) is about £2.3m , family income is now currently about £130k p/a gross. 

Where that puts us worldwide or just UK not sure, maybe top 5%?  

If we get 21st century GFC 2 that could all easily drop by 50-70% quickly though, as very little wealth is in cash. But then not being in cash means the wealth rises very nicely with inflation and money printing. 

HOLA4412
1 hour ago, GregBowman said:

I think you will find its nearer to 20k according to the RHA and IR 35 has had a bigger impact but hey don't let that get in the way of living in the past 

I'm living in the past right now. Specifically the 1970s. Thanks Farage!

RHA laying it out here (not just 20K):

https://www.rha.uk.net/news/news-blogs-and-press-releases/news-updates/detail/-it-will-take-at-least-18-months-to-train-100-000-hgv-drivers-

HOLA4413
1 hour ago, Insane said:

The EU has a shortage as well 

So are you saying the EU is crumbling. 

They're so short Hoyer have just sent over 5K EU drivers to help us out. And the EU army we were all warned about is doing deliveries out there, as well. Right?

Jesus wept. The shambles of a government's propaganda isn't going to save us now. Why keep swallowing it?

Edited by byron78

HOLA4414
1 hour ago, Insane said:

The EU has a shortage as well 

So are you saying the EU is crumbling. 

Never enough, by them 'crumbling' does that make you feel better?.....no shortage of petrol or food, shops full of everything could want  for and more.......the UK should be exactly the same, no reason why there should be problems with supply..... industry has been warning in recent weeks that the situation will deteriorate if there was no plan of action to mitigate loss of workers in all sorts of occupations.....I would like to think we did not sit back and do nothing until we were forced to do something.;)

HOLA4415

Regardless of the shambles of this current government the crisis is a result of panic buying. 

Like a ‘run on a bank’ no country could cope with everyone filling up their cars at the same time. It’s not how the system works. 

I haven’t seen many shortages in the shops round here but I’ve had problems getting hold of laptops, deliveries being put back by another 3 months. But I think that is a global issue. Germany has closed one of its car factories until 2022 due to shortages and I doubt that is down to their Government or Brexit.

You cannot solve problems unless you try to identify the causes. 

HOLA4416
HOLA4417
13 minutes ago, winkie said:

Never enough, by them 'crumbling' does that make you feel better?.....no shortage of petrol or food, shops full of everything could want  for and more.......the UK should be exactly the same, no reason why there should be problems with supply..... industry has been warning in recent weeks that the situation will deteriorate if there was no plan of action to mitigate loss of workers in all sorts of occupations.....I would like to think we did not sit back and do nothing until we were forced to do something

Have you been across all the EU nations and checked in every shop to make sure there are no shortages ? NO.

There are no shortages in the UK the Petrol Problem is a made up Panic see the post from Lenelby above. 

You say " industry has been warning in recent weeks that the situation will deteriorate if there is no plan to action to mitigate loss of workers in all sorts of occupations " You mean Industry wants Cheap Labour to flood back into the UK. 

Yes we need to do something about the shortage of workers , let me give you an idea Maybe we should stop people with children working part time and making their wages up with over generous tax credits , at present in so many cases two people fill one job. We could fill two jobs with those two people. 

I don't think you would go for that though would you as your quite happy to let single Mums kick out six kids live on Benefits and then complain that we have not got enough workers. 

As you asked the situation in the EU does not make me fell better , but I will ask you are you feeling better that we have a few problems right now and Industry is calling for imported Cheap Labour.  

HOLA4418
5 minutes ago, Lenelby said:

Regardless of the shambles of this current government the crisis is a result of panic buying. 

Like a ‘run on a bank’ no country could cope with everyone filling up their cars at the same time. It’s not how the system works. 

I haven’t seen many shortages in the shops round here but I’ve had problems getting hold of laptops, deliveries being put back by another 3 months. But I think that is a global issue. Germany has closed one of its car factories until 2022 due to shortages and I doubt that is down to their Government or Brexit.

Come on.....it is worry that will not be able to get to work, go about doing own business, have sufficient for the job in hand, get somewhere and get back....thousands of litres must have been wasted by people searching and queuing for petrol, that is not good for the economy thousands wasting time waiting to fill up in the only station they see might have some by the time they reach the pump.....a proper shambles indeed.

During lockdown less fuel was used, coming out of lockdown millions more litres will be used, more deliveries required.....common sense.

Lack of training since 2016 when we chose to leave the EU, dvla not up to capacity and no driving tests available......;)

HOLA4419
5 minutes ago, Insane said:

Have you been across all the EU nations and checked in every shop to make sure there are no shortages ? NO.

There are no shortages in the UK the Petrol Problem is a made up Panic see the post from Lenelby above. 

You say " industry has been warning in recent weeks that the situation will deteriorate if there is no plan to action to mitigate loss of workers in all sorts of occupations " You mean Industry wants Cheap Labour to flood back into the UK. 

Yes we need to do something about the shortage of workers , let me give you an idea Maybe we should stop people with children working part time and making their wages up with over generous tax credits , at present in so many cases two people fill one job. We could fill two jobs with those two people. 

I don't think you would go for that though would you as your quite happy to let single Mums kick out six kids live on Benefits and then complain that we have not got enough workers. 

As you asked the situation in the EU does not make me fell better , but I will ask you are you feeling better that we have a few problems right now and Industry is calling for imported Cheap Labour.  

My observations are that there is nothing in the news or media to say there is any problems with shortage of supply in shops or in fuel stations......if you know otherwise be interested.;)

HOLA4420
26 minutes ago, Insane said:

Well you have swallowed the made up crisis , then again go on to tell others not to do the same. 

It's not made up. Someone has made up that it's made up.

Not sure why you'd believe it was made up mind. Only have to queue for traffic or chat to someone working in a petrol station to know how bad it is.

Army to the rescue, apparently.

HOLA4421
1 minute ago, winkie said:

My observations are that there is nothing in the news or media to say there is any problems with shortage of supply in shops or in fuel stations......if you know otherwise be interested.

My observations are that there was no shortage of Petrol here but the Petrol Stations ran out due to panic buying. Last night 5 Petrol Stations I visited had no fuel today they all have plenty and there are no queues as everyone topped up which created the panic today no one needs to buy Petrol. PANIC NOW OVER.  Do you think our Anti - Brexit Media is going to tell us if the EU were having problems , give you a tip take what the news and media say with a pinch of salt. 

One or two items have been missing in the shops recently , a few supply chains have broken due to Covid, creating havoc , overall the UK has handled the situation well but some people do like to make a crisis out of a first world problem and scream the Sky is Falling in I would put you in that category. 

HOLA4422
28 minutes ago, Lenelby said:

Absolutely ENORMOUS increase in import costs, apparently. I'm told it's been above five fold. 

Huge inflation incoming.

HOLA4423
Just now, byron78 said:

Not sure why you'd believe it was made up mind. Only have to queue for traffic or chat to someone working in a petrol station to know how bad it is.

Five Petrol stations visited last night none had Petrol , today all five have Petrol no queues as everyone topped up in the made up panic. 

HOLA4424
HOLA4425