House Price Crash Forum

Is it back to the office, or work from home? How much?

Si1

HOLA441
HOLA442
10 minutes ago, Si1 said:

What?

What I said.....it shows in the link you posted.......when working no longer works people work less, automation has an impact also.....that is not to say there is a shortage in certain professions. People don't just stop working they wind down choosing to do fewer hours before they might stop working altogether or change direction retraining to do something new later in life.........can both work and learn from home nowadays.;)

HOLA443
1 minute ago, winkie said:

What I said.....it shows in the link you posted.......when working no longer works people work less, automation has an impact also.....that is not to say there is a shortage in certain professions. People don't just stop working they wind down choosing to do fewer hours before they might stop working altogether or change direction retraining to do something new later in life.........can both work and learn from home nowadays.;)

Are you saying the national statistics are wrong and there's a different number of people in employment? Not 33 million then?

HOLA444
9 minutes ago, Si1 said:

Are you saying the national statistics are wrong and there's a different number of people in employment? Not 33 million then?

Say I worked 7 hours a week for money and many more hours work for no payment am I classified as employed or not employed?;)

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
20 hours ago, Riedquat said:

Been back in the office full time since almost the start - was only working from home for a couple of months. You all now my opinion of it, so I'm quite happy that the office hasn't invaded my private space.

I'm genuinely happy for you. Seems like you've got what you wanted.

I hope you can be happy for me. I'm trusting that when I start my new job they will allow me to work almost full time remotely with a few days in the office here and there.

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
4 hours ago, dugsbody said:

I'm genuinely happy for you. Seems like you've got what you wanted.

I hope you can be happy for me. I'm trusting that when I start my new job they will allow me to work almost full time remotely with a few days in the office here and there.

I hope you can. 

Returning to the OP I don't think we can tell for a few months.

I know lots of people who are not sure what will happen.