Property Lion June 2021

HOLA441
  • Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
2 hours ago, Sithuk said:

To where? Haven't all western markets been caught up in the same asset price boom?

Cost of housing in North America is not expensive relative to wage. There was a ranking system done somewhere, UK was well down the scale for affordability compared to most places.

HOLA443
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Yup. People like TCON repeatedly bang on that they'd leave the UK and advise others do likewise yet never do because they know fine well that asset prices are exploding upwards elsewhere. 

I was looking at it before brexit, but it's just too complicated now.

People suddenly cottoned onto WFH, the young will cotton on to getting the hell out of the UK. It's coming.

HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

Yeah I’d like to know where they’ll go too. The most cosseted generation yet, helicopter parents, grade inflation, baby commies, identity over reality.

What country is going to provide the comfy cushion they demand? Not USA that’s for sure. Canada? Climate death Australia? Wokesville (with stratospheric house prices) New Zealand?

HOLA447
HOLA448
5 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

Yeah I’d like to know where they’ll go too. The most cosseted generation yet, helicopter parents, grade inflation, baby commies, identity over reality.

What country is going to provide the comfy cushion they demand? Not USA that’s for sure. Canada? Climate death Australia? Wokesville (with stratospheric house prices) New Zealand?

Well if we're going to do generalisations they're also the most mobile international tech savvy generation too

HOLA449
4 minutes ago, sta100 said:

Well if we're going to do generalisations they're also the most mobile international tech savvy generation too

True. They drink less, drive less, have less sex. Very happy to live in their rooms, in their heads. Hardly the generation of movers and explorers. 

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
15 minutes ago, PeanutButter said:

it's a fair question.  

I'd say Eastern Europe might be a fair bet compared to the UK right now.

A lot of young "British" people will have a right to move to India/Pakistan/Africa/Europe/Ireland/Asia, mainly due to the immigration.

Western economies certainly do seem to be at the end of a road rather than at the beginning of one.

Some people just dont want to think that there might not be 20,000,000 slaves willing to fund their pensions/BTL rentals.

https://apnews.com/article/brexit-united-kingdom-financial-markets-berlin-oxford-2be77e0ade49893bfefe508eb15c2d56

https://www.harriman-house.com/press/full/327/

"In the mid-1970s, I joined the brain drain, and left Britain for America. Two of my close university friends went too. The decision to leave home required little thought. The trade unions seemed to be running the place. Inflation was making money worthless. The top rate of income tax was 83%?and if you were dim enough to invest in British business, creating jobs and enterprise, you paid an extra 15% "unearned income" surtax, taking your tax rate to 98%.
"

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415

I missed off some important information today, the YoY figures for each area.

The London figures skew my index because of the massive average asking price and now because their listing volumes are holding up while every where else collapses.

Here are the YoY price rises in current asking prices

East Mids: +6.7%

East of England: +4.5% ( all in the last quarter )

London: -1.14% 

North East: +7.2%

North West: +1.1 %

South East: +0.95%

South West: +0.62%

Wales: +5.92%

West Mids: +1.5%

Yorkshire and Humber: 5.6%

Some regions I dont list because of small number of properties are worth noting too, Isle of Man, number of listings now 2/3 times higher than 18 months ago, same with the Channel Islands.  Northern Ireland -72% number of listings !!!

The numbers being touted by the MSM and the UKPL overall index look much less insane when you do the regional breakdown.   I'd imaging the main indexes could quite easily have the same skewing as the "lucky" few Londoners move out to the shires to fund a lottery win retirement for someone.

I'd expect a lot of these to go -ve later in the year.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4416

3 other facts:

1) London down 2.6% from peak value that I have record in April 2020

2) NW  down 3% from peak value that I have record in Nov 2020 

3) Scotland down 2.4% from peak value that I have recorded in Oct 2020.

Someone's told me the trolls are having a go at me for presenting this data, so must be closer to the mark than those pathetic a-holes care to admit :lol: 

This info is un-modified, un-biased, un-manipulated data straight from RM.  

Believe it, ignore it, it's up to you but I guarantee it's the only honest house price index out there.

I'm surprised London asking prices have risen but give the media hype maybe not such a surprise, got to say it's looking a bit shaky now.  

Stamp duty cut is ending

Economic reality is looming

Caveat Emptor 

HOLA4417
4 hours ago, TheCountOfNowhere said:

it's a fair question.  

I'd say Eastern Europe might be a fair bet compared to the UK right now.

A lot of young "British" people will have a right to move to India/Pakistan/Africa/Europe/Ireland/Asia, mainly due to the immigration.

Western economies certainly do seem to be at the end of a road rather than at the beginning of one.

Some people just dont want to think that there might not be 20,000,000 slaves willing to fund their pensions/BTL rentals.

https://apnews.com/article/brexit-united-kingdom-financial-markets-berlin-oxford-2be77e0ade49893bfefe508eb15c2d56

https://www.harriman-house.com/press/full/327/

"In the mid-1970s, I joined the brain drain, and left Britain for America. Two of my close university friends went too. The decision to leave home required little thought. The trade unions seemed to be running the place. Inflation was making money worthless. The top rate of income tax was 83%?and if you were dim enough to invest in British business, creating jobs and enterprise, you paid an extra 15% "unearned income" surtax, taking your tax rate to 98%.
"

But this person must be a "boomer"  and wasn't it easy peasy for them back then?

HOLA4418
HOLA4419
HOLA4420
13 hours ago, PeanutButter said:

Well yes, of course. I would have been the same had I lived in this era where it costs a fortune for an education, a house, and there's massive pressure at an early age, whereby seemingly there is no future.

If you want to generalise a generation try looking in the mirror and look at the sh1t show left behind for this lot. Nothing to be proud of.

HOLA4421
12 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

Where's that then?

Spain, the USA, France,Germany, Canada and New Zealand are the top destinations.

However emigration to the EU has gone up around 30% since Brexit and is expected to increase unsurprisingly.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
2 hours ago, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

So countries with likewise property price inflation. Great idea. 

Likewise property price inflation?

Have you seen taken a quick look at comparable for those countries compare to here?

HOLA4424
HOLA4425