House Price Crash Forum

Rishi Sunak Chancellor of the Exchequer

HOLA441
HOLA442
7 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Yes please, include UNEARNED gains from stock market too.

Dividends are taxed. Capital gains, which includes selling shares at a profit, must surely be subject to CGT once the free allowance has been consumed.

What are these untaxed, unearned gains from the stock market of which you speak?

The tax free status of ISAs presumably.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446
7 hours ago, Bluestone59 said:

Dividends are taxed. Capital gains, which includes selling shares at a profit, must surely be subject to CGT once the free allowance has been consumed.

What are these untaxed, unearned gains from the stock market of which you speak?

The tax free status of ISAs presumably.

The same untaxed, unearned gains accusations made against BTL ? 

BTL income is also taxed. CGT/IHT/Rental Income. Apart from that landlords have to put up with shit load of repairs, rogue tenants, energy efficiency upgrades. Still some guys cry on BTL as unearned income but get pissed off when somebody points at their income and gains from stock market.

HOLA447
5 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

The same untaxed, unearned gains accusations made against BTL ? 

BTL income is also taxed. CGT/IHT/Rental Income. Apart from that landlords have to put up with shit load of repairs, rogue tenants, energy efficiency upgrades. Still some guys cry on BTL as unearned income but get pissed off when somebody points at their income and gains from stock market.

Ok, thanks. I get it.

Elsewhere I've made a few posts about the sheer hell of dealing with tenants which I did once for a landlord I knew personally. I only lasted a few weeks.

Of the three landlords I ever rented off plus the one above, the only one who didn't pay tax wasn't liable as was under  the rent a room regime so I can't say much against their taxpaying habits.

OTOH, in the pub pre virus, a builder type bloke was boasting in a loud voice about how he'd bought cheap houses and was now renting them out to what would once have been council tenants and how much he was making from the rest of us.

When you see/hear that (not the first time either) you can see why a lot of folks don't much like landlords. 

Shares are surely a lot less hassle. Have you heard that there are quite a few ISA millionaires around? One of the recent governments was contemplating limits and/or taxes, haven't heard any more.

HOLA448
54 minutes ago, Simhadri said:

Are you still living like a troll who cries on BTL but enjoys his UNEARNED gains from stock market ?

I believe people have explained the differences to you. One takes out debt to buy properties at inflated prices in order to rent them back to the people they outbid to make a margin as middle men. The other invests money into companies that create value, innovate and continue to improve our lives, in order to be paid a return.

Without BTL landlords, the world would probably be better for the average person. Without people investing in companies to fund more innovation, the world would probably be worse.

From this point on I'll assume you are a genuine troll if you continue to ignore the points.

HOLA449
HOLA4410
9 hours ago, dugsbody said:

I believe people have explained the differences to you. One takes out debt to buy properties at inflated prices in order to rent them back to the people they outbid to make a margin as middle men. The other invests money into companies that create value, innovate and continue to improve our lives, in order to be paid a return.

Without BTL landlords, the world would probably be better for the average person. Without people investing in companies to fund more innovation, the world would probably be worse.

From this point on I'll assume you are a genuine troll if you continue to ignore the points.

One buys share at low prices and expects 10 years later first time investor to buy same shares at much higher price.

Investing in those companies, employees are innovating. But investors are sitting on their lazy asses and collecting profits by leeching off hard working employees. So its unearned gains.

Without the hypocrites who leech off others hard work and make profits from stock market while doing no real hard work, world would be a better place to live.

Without BTL, housing gets more costly to rent once corporate landlords take over housing stock while those renters with unearned gains from stock market continue to moan about their landlords.

I knew you're 5p troll.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412
2 hours ago, Simhadri said:

One buys share at low prices and expects 10 years later first time investor to buy same shares at much higher price.

Investing in those companies, employees are innovating. But investors are sitting on their lazy asses and collecting profits by leeching off hard working employees. So its unearned gains.

Without the hypocrites who leech off others hard work and make profits from stock market while doing no real hard work, world would be a better place to live.

Without BTL, housing gets more costly to rent once corporate landlords take over housing stock while those renters with unearned gains from stock market continue to moan about their landlords.

I knew you're 5p troll.

A little off topic slightly I know, but in respects of landlords, do you believe they should recieve government help if the properties they own should fall deeply into negative equity, and/or also face repossession?

HOLA4413
6 hours ago, Simhadri said:

I knew you're 5p troll.

Fully agreed, particularly the part about investors being leechers. And to be honest, the world could do without the majority of these companies anyway as they do nothing to improve the lives of ordinary people, but look for more ways to scam people into buying products and services they don't want or need.

Oh how these investors are going to get a wake up call soon.