House Price Crash Forum

Rishi Sunak Chancellor of the Exchequer

So what is your opinion of Rishi,downing-street-covid-london-news-confere

Could Rishi Sunak target capital gains tax to help plug Britain's £322billion Covid black hole?

• Review will examine rules charging up to 28 per cent residential property gains 
  • It will also look at whether allowances and reliefs could be simplified or scrapped
  • Sunak is interested in ‘how gains are taxed compared to other types of income’

This could all be solved by getting rid of principal private residence relief, and entrepreneurs relief on furnished holiday letting. I had a landlord client that sold a property last year. He lived in it for a few years, then let it for a few years, then it was a holiday let for the last few years of ownership. Without PPR, letting relief, and ER he would've paid 30 odd grand in capital gains tax. With the available reliefs he paid 4 grand. He was happy, but I felt somewhat pissed off submitting that tax return. Nowhere else in tax do you get such great tax reliefs

Calling all Tories on HPC ... 

Now is the time to reject Boris and his Chancellor.

Two wrongs don;t make a right.

Brown wrecked the economy through borrowing and now Boris is doing the same.

Another educated tosser but unbelievable dumb as phuck At the same time.

This guy has blown billions when he could have just done nothing. Epic fail or epic theft of public money, where has it gone assets again ??

Stupidity Or plain as sight theft to sure up the bs system and rivet down  boomer wealth.

23 minutes ago, Postman said:

Wealthy ez-banker with a £10 million  property portfolio. 

He is the everything that is wrong with this country. 

His number 1 priority is to deliver HPI for Mail and Express readers (I used to be one of them but not any more )

Edited by Warlord

With land values making up >50% of UK net worth, highest out of the G7 average of 40%, the government will protect that value by throwing the kitchen sink at it.

If land or property falls, the UK takes an even bigger tumble.

Land brings into the UK vast amounts of foreign investment, without that, our net worth collapses, and interest rates balloon and a devastating cycle begin.

Now do you see why things are so serious?

18 minutes ago, Blink said:

Land brings into the UK vast amounts of foreign investment, without that, our net worth collapses, and interest rates balloon and a devastating cycle begin.

Oh no, what will become of the debtors then ?

1 hour ago, Blink said:

With land values making up >50% of UK net worth, highest out of the G7 average of 40%, the government will protect that value by throwing the kitchen sink at it.

If land or property falls, the UK takes an even bigger tumble.

if i had that dream i would need new sheets in the morning. 

44 minutes ago, timuna said:

Rishi is curator of the magic money tree. He's loved by all its recipients.

Hail Rishi!  Free money from the inflationary gods.

Dishy Rishi - the Treasury's answer to the late Viv Nicholson.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viv_Nicholson

He always looks so thin though - so I hope he takes advantage of his meal voucher scheme next month!

Edited by MARTINX9
12 hours ago, Warlord said:

Calling all Tories on HPC ... 

Now is the time to reject Boris and his Chancellor.

Two wrongs don;t make a right.

Brown wrecked the economy through borrowing and now Boris is doing the same.

Agreed, I cancelled ny membership in May over the ridiculous decision to extend the furlough scheme to October. Boris has proved more hopeless and chaotic than I could have imagined.

10 minutes ago, HovelinHove said:

Agreed, I cancelled ny membership in May over the ridiculous decision to extend the furlough scheme to October. Boris has proved more hopeless and chaotic than I could have imagined.

Welcome to the politically homeless club!

Thank you for your honesty and courage.

Ex lifelong Tory here. I made the decision never to vote Tory again when Cameron and Osborne reneged on their manifesto promise and introduced multiple tools to inflate "Labour's" housing bubble further.

As for Sunak, as soon as he came onto my radar by being appointed Chief Secretary to the Treasury, I identified him as yet another (21st century) Tory toad, all smiles no substance, unwilling to give a straight answer to a straight question.

As I was typing the above, Kay Burley was laying into another Tory toad, Business Secretary - Alok Sharma. He tried to tell her what her viewers were interested in hearing and got very short shrift :D.

On 16/07/2020 at 00:36, MonsieurCopperCrutch said:

But look at the photo on the right. There is a real man living with his lover, not his mother.

LOL no just an ugly fat bloke in a terrible shirt with his equally ugly jizz bucket lover.  but then you already know that as you are the same or worse perhaps ?