House Price Crash Forum

Home.co.uk Asking Price Report - Very Bearish!

rantnrave

HOLA441

OK, so it's not a major index, but this is the most bearish report on the state of the UK property market I have seen for years.

https://www.home.co.uk/asking_price_index/HAPIndex_SEP18.pdf

Some snippets...

'For the time being and during the next few years, UK property is no longer a safe store of capital value.'
'The price growth trend suggests that the UK property market is holed below the water line'
'Oversupply in London is taking its toll on prices.'
'The scale and scope of the downturn are both increasing,'
'Clearly, an increasing number of recent buyers will be living under the shadow of negative equity'

The report finishes with a comparison to the sinking of the Titanic.

Enjoy!

HOLA442

I was just making a thread on this too, most bearish report so far by far.

Liked the mention of Wales:

"At the extremes, Greater London prices continue to slide (down 2.5% YoY) whilst Wales is enjoying the most market momentum for around ten years and the greatest rate of price growth across the UK (up 6.0% YoY), and it may be the last domino to fall."

That's as good as it gets, just dominos now.

HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
1 hour ago, rantnrave said:

OK, so it's not a major index, ..//...
'Clearly, an increasing number of recent buyers will be living under the shadow of negative equity'

Enjoy!

Well --- it's only 15 years late...:unsure:

HOLA446
1 hour ago, thewig said:

last 24hrs in my search area 11/16 listings are price reductions, 5/11 are multiple reductions

this is mega mega insane sentiment area, bulletproof to the moon braindead bricks and mortar lover central.

This is unprecedented. 

Property Log users have found 4800+ reductions in the last 24 hours. Before the school holidays it was averaging about 3k per day, during about 1k. It seems now that all the kids have gone back to school we're seeing some motivated sellers.

HOLA447
4 hours ago, rantnrave said:

OK, so it's not a major index, but this is the most bearish report on the state of the UK property market I have seen for years.

https://www.home.co.uk/asking_price_index/HAPIndex_SEP18.pdf

Some snippets...

'For the time being and during the next few years, UK property is no longer a safe store of capital value.'
'The price growth trend suggests that the UK property market is holed below the water line'
'Oversupply in London is taking its toll on prices.'

Enjoy!

Just imagine a scene from yes Prime Minister where Sir Humphrey is in a selective Gentleman's club with leather chairs  and green table lamps coming to some dodgy agreement with a top 1%er. Well that little chat is happening with the likes of Nationwide if its not happened  already to not to make a similar statement that might actually be seen by the serfs.

HOLA448
4 hours ago, thewig said:

last 24hrs in my search area 11/16 listings are price reductions, 5/11 are multiple reductions

this is mega mega insane sentiment area, bulletproof to the moon braindead bricks and mortar lover central.

This is unprecedented. 

And the For Sale sign I posted about in the north Herts and South Cambs area are increasing, something is happening. Also starting to pick up from the Polish, who I really like by the way, that England is not so nice after all and things are getting better back home, something I am going to google about when I get back home tonight, is the Poland economy picking up?

HOLA449
18 hours ago, inbruges said:

And the For Sale sign I posted about in the north Herts and South Cambs area are increasing, something is happening. Also starting to pick up from the Polish, who I really like by the way, that England is not so nice after all and things are getting better back home, something I am going to google about when I get back home tonight, is the Poland economy picking up?

By miles. Go there and see the road infrastructure - makes here look awful. I visited there last year and this year.

* minimum wage had increased over 5% this year

* General salaries picking up more so

* Prices were up significantly on basics + fast food was much more expensive than a year ago it felt

* Most importantly housing is still *relatively* well priced. Might as well go there before the HPI cancer really takes off.

HOLA4410
1 hour ago, Frugal Git said:

Go there and see the road infrastructure

I love the roads in Poland, I had to drive from Berlin to Krakow, the duel carriageway way incredible, the side leaving Poland was immaculate, a newly laid road, stunning piece of engineering, the side into Poland though, clearly hadn't had any work done on it since the 50's, it was bumpy and lumpy for 10's of miles. I reckon they don't want the Germans to visit in a hurry again.

HOLA4411
2 hours ago, crazypabs said:

I love the roads in Poland, I had to drive from Berlin to Krakow, the duel carriageway way incredible, the side leaving Poland was immaculate, a newly laid road, stunning piece of engineering, the side into Poland though, clearly hadn't had any work done on it since the 50's, it was bumpy and lumpy for 10's of miles. I reckon they don't want the Germans to visit in a hurry again.

I did a similar journey (entering from near Dresden) and it's stark isn't it - the contrast between the German autobahns with their never ending roadworks and crappy surfaces - and then those glorious new ones as you enter Poland.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
On ‎13‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:29, thewig said:

This is unprecedented. 

Last 24hrs 15/23 listings are price reductions. Proper wtf here.

HOLA4414
On 13/09/2018 at 13:35, inbruges said:

Set to be Europe’s growth engine according to this, several other positive reports out there if you do some googling. Seems to Polish economy of a decade ago has vastly improved

https://www.mckinsey.com/~/media/mckinsey/business functions/economic studies temp/our insights/how poland can become a european growth engine/poland 2025_full_report.ashx