House Price Crash Forum

The Worlds Gone Mad

HOLA441

Walked out the office W1 lunchtime, two PC plods walking the beat in front of me. They were discussing what they would do with a windfall. One guy said he would pay off the mortgage then said "oh and I suppose i would clear the debt on our rental house"

The world has clearly gone mad when a lowly PC is discussing his property portfolio.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

They earn about £50k though. If they are old enough to have bought a house 10 years ago there mortgage would be about £200 on a reasonable place leaving them loads to play with.

Of course if they are young and have bought a rental place recently he is a twit.

Not quite £50k

http://www.policecouldyou.co.uk/default.as...n=article&ID=39

HOLA445

Walked out the office W1 lunchtime, two PC plods walking the beat in front of me. They were discussing what they would do with a windfall. One guy said he would pay off the mortgage then said "oh and I suppose i would clear the debt on our rental house"

The world has clearly gone mad when a lowly PC is discussing his property portfolio.

How snobbish!! :blink:

A lot of immigrants here with very 'lowly' jobs own more than one property, the Africans in particular.

One is a ticket inspector for Westminster, he ownes 4.

HOLA446

I’m taking nothing away from the police who do a sterling job, but Joe Kennedy would be p*ssing himself as he flogs everything he owns. Knowing full well he can buy it all back and over again in the not too distant future.

Edited by ?...!

HOLA447

Not quite £50k

That's just the basic they get additional pay for overtime, shift allowances pay for attending events such as football matches etc.

Recently read that a beat officer can earn upto £100k a year. So £50k as an average seems about right.

It's not much these days for a state sector worker, to put it in context the average GP now earns £94,000 ( source MoneyWeek )

Edited by timmy_30

HOLA448

Wonderful example of the english disease. They can only reinforce their mindless, self inflated sense of

worth(lessness) by measuring their stunted selves against what they consider to be a lower class, usually a process involving a diminished intellect fed on a diet of petty prejudice marinated in pure bile.

The OP is a *****.

HOLA449

That's just the basic they get additional pay for overtime, shift allowances pay for attending events such as football matches etc.

Recently read that a beat officer can earn upto £100k a year. So £50k as an average seems about right.

It's not much these days for a state sector worker, to put it in context the average GP now earns £94,000 ( source MoneyWeek )

You are preaching to the converted as it were, my Father is a police officer and whilst there is some overtime available, it's nothing like enough to get your basic pay that high. Too many cutbacks.

Wonderful example of the english disease. They can only reinforce their mindless, self inflated sense of

worth(lessness) by measuring their stunted selves against what they consider to be a lower class, usually a process involving a diminished intellect fed on a diet of petty prejudice marinated in pure bile.

The OP is a *****.

Thats a bit harsh isn't it?

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Which police would they be? And do you think you could send a few over to replace the cops around where I live?

They do fine up here. But they do have the advantage of there being no serious crime. I can't remember the last time I locked my car. They mainly deal with the odd bit of vandalism from bored teenagers and the odd fight on a friday night.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415

Unbelievable.

And what valuable job do you do then? I bet your W1 office is a hive of good samaritans selflessly improving the lot of their fellow country dwellers.

HOLA4416
Guest Bart of Darkness

Which police would they be? And do you think you could send a few over to replace the cops around where I live?

And a few over to where I live as well, where the police force has effectively been disbanded if you go by actual sightings (or lack thereof).

HOLA4417

And a few over to where I live as well, where the police force has effectively been disbanded if you go by actual sightings (or lack thereof).

Same here. Or maybe they're all too busy racing up and down the M54 :D

Deus Ex, I still think you were too harsh on the op. I think he was likening the situation to the shoeshine boy inthe 20's.

HOLA4418
They do fine up here. But they do have the advantage of there being no serious crime.

It's easy to be a cop in an area where there's no crime, just like being a doctor in an area where no-one gets ill or injures themselves :).

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421

Seems a few people have got rather over excited by my post.

This is not a dig at the police or any other public sector workers.

This purely highlights the madness of the current property market, when even the traditionally lower paid sector of the work force are now caught up in this BTL shambles. All im saying is how are these people going to make up the shortfall in rental income when interest rates rise.

HOLA4422

I think he was likening the situation to the shoeshine boy inthe 20's.

No he wasn't. He's just a jumped up little fascist with an over inflated sense of importance.

The clue is in his name "I told you so".

As the immortal ZG113 would have said: A5SEWIPE.

HOLA4423

The OP is a *****.

Well put.

Since joining Ive noticed this traite amongst many a bearish poster. Some of them really take umbridge when I have posted about immigrants I know that own B2Ls. Similarly when Ive mentioned for example a Double Glazing installer that takes home £1000 per week, Oor the Nigerian Nurses on £50000 via agencies I got a lot of bitter abuse.

I guess they feel thier own sense of self is threatened by such people.

HOLA4424
HOLA4425