House Price Crash Forum

Most overpriced Sh*thole

Nico

HOLA441
As for Citroens, I've nothing against them either- I spent many of my happiest/most hair-raising moments burning around the Alps in a Xsara VTR. Dodgy trim and interior, but stupendous motor and suspension. Very cheap and did what it said on the box, nothing more. Outran my mate's golf GTi!

Cool! B) A late 1960s-early 1970s Citroen DS is more my style - preferrably in black with lashings of chrome. :)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
There's nothing that these kind of places remind me of more, than a pimped-out Citroen Saxo-

however many granite worktops/shiny extractor fans/low-profile alloy wheels/nitro boost units/laminate floors/halogen lamps one adds, they're still modest semis (or budget hatchbacks).

Now, of course there's nothing wrong with semis- I grew up in one- it's just that one shouldn't pretend they're something they're not.

I know what you mean, but I don't think that is the case with this one. The kitchen looks like a reasonably cheap Ikea/B&Q job, and they haven't even bothered to remove the old person-style dado rail in the living room.

Money has been spent on it, but not too much.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
Why isn't he keeping it for the kid's pension then? :)

Must be hoping it never gets built, which may be a possibility.

You seen the floor plan :o

One hundred and sixty grand for that :lol:

I gather he's only looking to sell on the contract, and avoid a £13,000 loss on his deposit? He hasn't got a prayer at that price, has he. And you'd have to rent it for at least £800 p/m just to cover the mortgage!

cube.JPG

That floor plan is pure gold :lol:

Edited by Turnbull2000

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-18604685.html

A sh1thole cuz I rented it in 2003/4 :rolleyes:

the place it directly opposite a cement works (with horns and sirens at 6am).

the highway also dips underground right here, so loads of traffic noise & pollution.

the thames stinks.

neighbours on 1st floor were cnts.

2nd bedroom is smaller than the 2nd bathroom.

695k ffs, i rented at 1400pcm

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sa...y-18604685.html

A sh1thole cuz I rented it in 2003/4 :rolleyes:

the place it directly opposite a cement works (with horns and sirens at 6am).

the highway also dips underground right here, so loads of traffic noise & pollution.

the thames stinks.

neighbours on 1st floor were cnts.

2nd bedroom is smaller than the 2nd bathroom.

695k ffs, i rented at 1400pcm

Holy cow, £220K for that would be a lot.

HOLA4415

This one surprised me a bit:

http://markrichmond.co.uk/property/propert...rent_ID=1000000

Bascially, a 'developer' has taken a very small two bed house, converted it into two 1/2 bed flats and put them both on the market at £200k each.

When I first saw them, I thought they would have no chance of selling, but it appears that the first floor one has gone, and the ground floor one has been reduced to £170k.

To put this in context, the flats are in a poor part of a very expensive area, but the specific position could not be much worse. They are on an industrial estate, surrounded by car repair places and self storage companies. The M25 is close enough that it would actually be visible if it was not blocked by the massive commercial buildings. The road the flats are on is also extremely busy with HGVs rumbling past at all times of the day.

The current price drops have meant that you could buy a 6-700 sqft flat in a much nicer part of this area (Weybridge/Woking etc) for less than £200k.

HOLA4416

Bascially, a 'developer' has taken a very small two bed house, converted it into two 1/2 bed flats and put them both on the market at £200k each.

When I first saw them, I thought they would have no chance of selling, but it appears that the first floor one has gone, and the ground floor one has been reduced to £170k.

To put this in context, the flats are in a poor part of a very expensive area, but the specific position could not be much worse. They are on an industrial estate, surrounded by car repair places and self storage companies. The M25 is close enough that it would actually be visible if it was not blocked by the massive commercial buildings. The road the flats are on is also extremely busy with HGVs rumbling past at all times of the day.

The current price drops have meant that you could buy a 6-700 sqft flat in a much nicer part of this area (Weybridge/Woking etc) for less than £200k.

I can't believe that miniscule kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I wonder what he/she bought that property for before it was "developed".

Edited by GBTOUSA

HOLA4417
I can't believe that miniscule kitchen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

I wonder what he/she bought that property for before it was "developed".

The house was purchased for £240k in November 07. It was in poor condition, but this still represents the absolute peak price for something like this.

There is a reasonable-sized 3 bed detached house on the market for £265k directly opposite this and even that seems a high price for this location.

HOLA4418
Here in Surbiton, a greedy freeholder has built about 10 flats on top of an existing 4 storey block above shops.

For once, the EA description is 100% accurate. 'Directly opposite' the station is right, but this is such a noisy location as it is on a number of bus routes as well as the trainline.

I expect the developers thought they were being clever - 'knock them out quickly for £175k because the price for a decent 1 bed flat is £250k'. Unfortunately for them they left it too late, and some of the decent 1 bed places are down at £175kish themselves.

I can't imagine what these are going to have to come down to to get sold.

http://www.findaproperty.com/displayprop.a...p;agentid=00527

Just as an update to this post - virtually all of these flats now seem to be under offer or sold. Most of them had to be reduced a bit more, but I cannot believe they are selling - there is much better value stuff available right now.

The £575k flat that I linked to is still available....at £575k!

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
You seen the floor plan :o

One hundred and sixty grand for that :lol:

I gather he's only looking to sell on the contract, and avoid a £13,000 loss on his deposit? He hasn't got a prayer at that price, has he. And you'd have to rent it for at least £800 p/m just to cover the mortgage!

cube.JPG

That floor plan is pure gold :lol:

And its designed by Ken Shuttleworth!

Whats Kens brother, John, up to these days I wonder?

JohnShuttleworthandLyndseydePaul.jpg

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
http://www.foxtons.co.uk/search?property_i...mit_type=search

Now that house is the most overpriced sh1thole ive seen in a long time. The decor is beyond dire. There is evidence of damp in the ceiling pictures. The paintwork hasnt even beed touched up - see stairs picture. the swimming pool decor os wretched beyond description. The bed hasnt even been made properly.

Now for a house in a nice area you can see past such things but jesus look at the price.

£20000000.00

As for the misrepresentation mentioned above, there is a definate case there as a cottage has upstairs rooms in which you have to walk into the eves. cottages by definition cannot have a flat roof.

Now on at a far more reasonable £14,000,000 :blink:

HOLA4423
Now on at a far more reasonable £14,000,000 :blink:

That is just crazy. Richmond is an expensive are and this is the best part of it, but I doubt that house could ever have been worth a quarter of what they are asking for it. The floorplan shows it as being 5,300sqft, a very big house, but I would be expecting soemthing much bigger, and mich grander for that sort of money. That works out at £2,600 per sq ft!

When I saw the original post, I thought they had added an extra zero by mistake, but it is impossible to think they did the same twice.

The staircase looks like one a communal one from a house that has been turned into flats, not the sweeping, galleried affair that you would expect for an eight figure sum.

According to the houseprices site, the most expensive house to sell in Richmond since 2001 was £9m, and there are plenty better than this.

HOLA4424

Went to view this house to rent:

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-to-ren...0&minBeds=2

you'll note the addition of parking space at the expense of a rear extension. You can tell that because some tiles from the extension are still stuck to the outer wall.(top right photo, above window). The hole to the old extension has now been filled with breeze blocks. very waterproof. Is this legal?

HOLA4425

Shocking! I used to live in the KT postcode area and used to drive to work down Oyster Lane everyday. There was one house in particular on that road that had my vote for worst positioned property ever. It was on the main road, next to the railway bridge/line, there is an electricity sub station over the road with multiple low hanging power cables, the M25 runs behind the back garden and the surrounding area is sh*t.

There should be a health warning on that price tag. In every sense of the word.