House Price Crash Forum

Scottish Independence Referendum 2

Exmond

HOLA441

Problem is that if you behave like a petulant spoiled child you will get treated like one.

I think if Scotland stopped all the independence guff then perhaps everyone could now work together for the good of the whole UK, not just their own self interest.

Either P*ss or get off the pot.

• Replies 279
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HOLA442
HOLA443

Problem is that if you behave like a petulant spoiled child you will get treated like one.

I think if Scotland stopped all the independence guff then perhaps everyone could now work together for the good of the whole UK, not just their own self interest.

Either P*ss or get off the pot.

If the EU had behaved rather better we'd never have got into this situation in the first place and we could concentrate on the good of the whole of Europe. It's too much to expect out of anyone unfortunately.

HOLA444

I really don't understand this desire to be ruled by the EU. At least the Scots have influence in the UK parliament, we've even had a few Scottish PMs. What sort of influence do you think you will have it the EU? ******ing delusional.

HOLA445

I think if England and Wales stopped all this EU independence guff then perhaps everyone could work together for the good of the whole UK, not just their own self interest.

News flash. There is now no such thing as the UK.

A bit like Greece then. Turned out well for them!

HOLA446

I really don't understand this desire to be ruled by the EU. At least the Scots have influence in the UK parliament, we've even had a few Scottish PMs. What sort of influence do you think you will have it the EU? ******ing delusional.

I think this post from reddit has the ring of truth about it:

The English just don't give a rat's ass about anyone else in the UK because of some seriously misguided superiority complex. The EU ignores all its citizens equally and hands out some money at the same time.

HOLA447

The English just don't give a rat's ass about anyone else in the UK because of some seriously misguided superiority complex. The EU ignores all its citizens equally and hands out some money at the same time.

You must be such a proud Scotsman with an atitude like that.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

BBC reporting Morgan Stanley are looking to move 2000 jobs out of London to either Dublin or Frankfurt.

It has already started.

Reports that Morgan Stanley will relocate 2,000 UK staff to Dublin or Frankfurt are "utterly false", a source close to the bank has told The Telegraph.

HOLA4411

I don't think that has much truth in it at all, but it suits the chip on the shoulders of some. Westminster doesn't give a rat's **** about Scotland, but it doesn't give one about anywhere outside the M25.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Another thing to consider is that once Scotland becomes independent a land border will need to be built between Scotland and England. Can't blame the Scots for that one! Who will pay for and police it? Or will it be like Ireland and Northern Ireland? But if it is like that then there will be free movement over the border. Oh noes, a route for those pesky immigrants into England!

Edited by Exmond

HOLA4417

Another thing to consider is that once Scotland becomes independent a land border will need to be built between Scotland and England. Can't blame the Scots for that one! Who will pay for and police it?

Why can't I blame the Scots? The English won't have voted for the separation.

Not that I think a land border of the form you envisage would be required.

HOLA4418

Another thing to consider is that once Scotland becomes independent a land border will need to be built between Scotland and England. Can't blame the Scots for that one! Who will pay for and police it? Or will it be like Ireland and Northern Ireland? But if it is like that then there will be free movement over the border. Oh noes, a route for those pesky immigrants into England!

What route? Going via Scotland would hardly be practical for illegal immigrants, and legal ones won't be trying to sneak in.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

What route? Going via Scotland would hardly be practical for illegal immigrants, and legal ones won't be trying to sneak in.

Refugees come to Germany. Get issued an EU passport. Get on a plane or boat to Scotland. Get on a bus to London. Never leave.

Edited by Exmond

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Refugees come to Germany. Get issued an EU passport. Get on a plane or boat to Scotland. Get on a bus to London.

Gets to London. No National Insurance Number so can't work, claim benefits, use the NHS, rent a property. Goes back to Scotland where they can claim all the benefits thanks to their EU passport.

HOLA4423

Refugees come to Germany. Get issued an EU passport. Get on a plane or boat to Scotland. Get on a bus to London.

Might as well just sneak across the Channel as they currently try to. Via Scotland is not a practical route into England for significant numbers.

HOLA4424

You need to learn to read...

In January 2013

The promise of a referendum was there, whether the Conservatives were able to deliver it rested in 2015, but you can't say that it was not on the table.

Cameron wasn't PM at that time, he couldn't deliver any referendum. You need to learn about politics :)

HOLA4425