House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Exmond

Scottish Independence Referendum 2

It has to happen now.

I hold out an olive branch to previous NO voters, come join us.

A possible UK exit from the EU was part of the previous referendum campaigning, one reason put for a Yes vote was that if the UK left the EU then if Scotland was already independent then it could remain within the EU.

The argument has been considered and rejected by all decent Scottish people.

Already being discussed, and no, it doesn't have to happen. Scotland voted to remain with the UK, there was nothing about the EU on that ballot. There was no mention of staying in the UK unless it went in a direction you don't like. If Scotland didn't want to remain part of the UK whatever the UK does it should've voted to leave back then. Scotland made its decision, if it doesn't like the result of it boo-effing-hoo.

Already being discussed, and no, it doesn't have to happen. Scotland voted to remain with the UK, there was nothing about the EU on that ballot. There was no mention of staying in the UK unless it went in a direction you don't like. If Scotland didn't want to remain part of the UK whatever the UK does it should've voted to leave back then. Scotland made its decision, if it doesn't like the result of it boo-effing-hoo.

Too right. Scotland, my homeland, seems to be stuck with the U.K.

Paradoxically, I would have voted no to Scottish independence because of the vague economic future the yes vote indicated. But I voted out in the referendum. ?

If you accept the EU result, which you must do to use it as a basis for a new vote, then you have to accept the Scottish referendum which was even more favour of UK membership.

You won't be getting one any time soon, simple as that.

Sturgeon talking right now saying it is very much on the table now, and immediately preparing legislation for the second referendum vote.

Disgraceful behaviour.

You lot are so out of touch with Scottish opinion.

One of the key points the NO campaign ran with is if you vote YES you will no longer be in the EU.

During the Scottish referendum the EU in/out referendum wasn't even a thing.

Disgraceful behaviour.

What do you really expect? Her and Salmon are just unprincipled rabble rousers hence their warm reception in Glasgow council estates.

No we are not, we just know you voted to stay in. Tough shit, "you" should have thought about the consequences.

One of the key points the NO campaign ran with is if you vote YES you will no longer be in the EU.

You're joking aren't you? Sturgeon is so in favour of being ruled by Brussels it is ridiculous.

Not one Out voter did it because they thought it would take them out of the EU.

You lot are so out of touch with Scottish opinion

55-45 says we're not.

You know what - BRING IT ON. Another vote - another defeat - Sturgeon and Salmond commit suicide and the SNP dies forever. Fantastic. An odious disgusting party [And as I have said numerous times - I am quite indifferent about an independent Scotland]

Don't blame us for the Scottish electorate not checking their facts. Scottish referendum was 2014 which if I'm correct is after 2013.

In January 2013, British Prime Minister David Cameron promised that, should his Conservative Party win a parliamentary majority at the 2015 general election, the UK Government would negotiate more favourable arrangements for continuing British membership of the EU, before holding a referendum as to whether the UK should remain in or leave the EU.[15] In May 2013, the Conservative Party published a draft EU Referendum Bill and outlined their plans for renegotiation and then an In-Out vote if returned to office in 2015.[16] The draft Bill stated that the referendum must be held no later than 31 December 2017.[17]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_Kingdom_European_Union_membership_referendum,_2016

You know what - BRING IT ON. Another vote - another defeat - Sturgeon and Salmond commit suicide and the SNP dies forever. Fantastic. An odious disgusting party [And as I have said numerous times - I am quite indifferent about an independent Scotland]

We only needed 6%. I imagine we will have a lot more of the media on our side this time. JK Rowling even thinks Scottish Independence is inevitable now and she was the NO campaign biggest cheerleader.

This thread is going to stretch to over 100 pages.

We only needed 6%. I imagine we will have a lot more of the media on our side this time. JK Rowling even thinks Scottish Independence is inevitable now and she was the NO campaign biggest cheerleader.

This thread is going to stretch to over 100 pages.

And no doubt you will have Bob Geldof going up and down Loch Ness in a boat.

I wonder how many more EU countries' populations will demand an in/out referendum.

About six so far per the RT today article I posted.

From memory: France, Holland, Italy, Hungary, Sweden, Austria.

Anybody currently residing in the UK who would rather be a resident of the EU is free to make that choice anytime they like. Bye bye, and don't let the door hit your **** on the way out.

Anybody currently residing in the UK who would rather be a resident of the EU is free to make that choice anytime they like. Bye bye, and don't let the door hit your **** on the way out.

Yes, tempted to keep a list of all the people on Facebook who have mentioned they are thinking of leaving the UK and then emailing them in a year asking why they are still here.

It's tempting to suggest tracking down anybody who voted Remain and help them to do so.