House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
28 minutes ago, pig said:

Of course - I apologise again in advance if I've got this wrong.

However Its a question based on your general output although in this instance sparked by irritation with yet another of your 'are you a furrener' ad homs.

But also genuine curiosity of how you see yourself in your own head.

Just to be crystal clear again - I do not give a feck how much you have travelled and anyway historically  xenophobes with a penchant for travel were some of the worst lol

Some extracts below on the 'definition of xenophobia' discussion.

Truly thankful and amazed that I didn't have to go further than Jan 1st - what a way for you to spend it !

See anything there that a non-xenophobe, non-racist is unlikely to post ?

However to caveat, ultimately I'm interested in the extent that Brexit propaganda + [fill in malign 'foreign' influence' ;) ]  has bent ordinary people out of shape.

And are you having a laugh about my horses and chimpanzees on buses comment :lol:

******ing hell. 

HOLA442
2 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Oh ****** off trying to defend yourself; I admired you more when you admitted you were just a ****.

Do you ever actually respond to anyone's point or do you just throw out the usual insults :lol:

HOLA443
Just now, Cryptotrader said:

Yes. The point is that Article 50 was triggered. Unless the Cretins that Be can negotiate a deal with the EU, have the EU nation members approve it and have enough Westminster MPs vote for it we are leaving with No Deal, A.K.A; Hard Brexit, Clean Brexit etc.

Or.....

HOLA444
HOLA445
Just now, ccc said:

Do you ever actually respond to anyone's point or do you just throw out the usual insults :lol:

ccc, I admired you responding to facts you were a **** by manning up and saying, yes, I'm a **** and owning it.

Revisionism is shit.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA446
13 hours ago, Kosmin said:

1. I didn't mean the report on the types of Brexit wasn't relevant. I meant the survey you linked wasn't relevant. It doesn't tell us the intentions of leave voters on 23rd June 2016 (inbruges was arguing that people who argue that a majority didn't vote for a hard Brexit were claiming to be mind readers and I was simply pointing out that to claim they all did want a hard Brexit, or no deal, required him to have read their minds). It tells us the views of people at a later date (I don't know if they were eligible to vote in the referendum, whether they voted, if so how they voted, or whether they have changed their views since they voted).

2. What is your last sentence based upon? I think the people who want a second referendum or want to remain don't expect Parliament to carry out the referendum. Is there any polling on this or is it just an assertion? Do you think the report was supposed to be an objective judgement of public opinion, or was it just supposed to browbeat those who opposed the result?

I think iB has cleared that point up now.

The referendum was simply Remain or Leave... direct democracy... over to Parliament to carry out... representative democracy.

2. My last sentence is based on a universal definition of democracy, surely?

From the report:

… 

Conclusion

25.The relationship between the direct democracy of a referendum and the established expectations of representative democracy requires careful management. We agree that it is of the highest importance that the referendum process is seen to be fair, by both sides, and that the result is agreed to, even if not with, by both sides. This is particularly important given the public’s expectation, post-referendum, that the result will be accepted and implemented.

As far as the report is concerned, it is critical of Cameron/UKgov's management of the referendum and polls are a much better source for public opinion.

HOLA447
HOLA448

In fact just so we are all clear. 

How about when anyone on here calls anyone else a xenophobe - they make it clear whether they are using the standard definition commonly known by 99% of the population - or the random obscure one that is to do with ability to claim benefits in a country. 

(1) Standard

(2) Obscure

Then we all know exactly where we stand. :D

Thanks in advance. 

HOLA449
8 hours ago, Peter Hun said:

Thats a manipulation of the voters intent. The GE was not a referendum on the EU.

No party has a mandate to leave the EU , regardless of the deal, because no party has a mandate.

Only a majority of MP's voting in the commons can make any decision and the House of Lords are perfectly justified in rejecting those un-mandated laws if they see fit.

Please see reply to K.

HOLA4410
25 minutes ago, inbruges said:

yes

plus

If I had my way I would keep every single last Polish and Czech, but just stop the way they are abused financially, wages etc. They are about as close to zero a burden on our welfare state and I have yet to hear one culture whinge from them on "how we should try harder to understand them", they just get on with it, love em.

Sorry Hairy

Isn't anyone in the UK earning less than ~£25k a "burden" on the state ? 

But in general yes I agree. The vast majority do come here to work. However if you removed our ridiculously generous benefits ? The numbers would probably be far smaller. 

As already discussed on here countless times. It was our decision to do nothing about this pre 2004. Big mistake imo. A few remainers on here fully agree as well. 

Oh wait - I suppose that means if we are using xenophobe definition #2 - they are all xenophobes as well.:lol:

HOLA4411
On ‎15‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 09:52, Peter Hun said:

****ing pathetic attempt at justifying the elimination of the UK car industry. Your understanding of globalisation comes from what??? FFS.

Your staying ahead of the game is to swap hundreds of thousands of engineering and manufacturing jobs (plus 5x that amount in indirect job) with a few dozen perfume marketing jobs?

There are 1500 international companies with their EU headquarters in the UK. Few dozen jobs each, lets see how many the UK can keep.

I found this useful to further my understanding of globalisation and European car production:

… 

Western Europe’s ugly truth and how to  secure competitiveness in a highly dynamic  market environment Based on the execs opinion, Western Europe finds itself nose-diving in regard to production volume: In comparison to last year, even more executives (74 %) believe Western Europe’s car production will account  for less than 5 %, which would only equal 6.1 million units of the global production by 2030 based on  current market forecasts. Executives have realized  that sustainable growth can only be generated in Asia and European OEMs have to react now.

https://assets.kpmg.com/content/dam/kpmg/tr/pdf/2018/03/global-automotive-executive-survey-2018.pdf  (p14)

HOLA4412
4 minutes ago, ccc said:

But in general yes I agree. The vast majority do come here to work. However if you removed our ridiculously generous benefits ? The numbers would probably be far smaller. 

As already discussed on here countless times. It was our decision to do nothing about this pre 2004. Big mistake imo. A few remainers on here fully agree as well. 

Oh wait - I suppose that means if we are using xenophobe definition #2 - they are all xenophobes as well.:lol:

The UK is the most tolerate country in the world when it comes to immigration and race, on the whole we accept just about everyone. Of course you are always going to get the few who have an issue with the Jews or Chinese  or Hindus etc, who I might add have put in far more than they have taken out, a few will dislike short, tall, fat or thin people, but the vast majority of us are very welcoming and tolerant.

There is only one group/culture/race in the UK that p**ses so many of us off and the majority know who they are as most of us talk about them behind safe closed doors and not in front of PC correct UK as it is today who have  committed some of the worst atrocities and just take take take as they constantly scream "we are victims", we all know who they are and we can hardly ever talk about them until usually it is too late and another vile crime is committed by them and we are called Hairy's old favourite word RACISTS which he seems to think means ethnic group beyond criticism 

HOLA4413
Just now, ccc said:

If you just said this a number of times, you'd be applauded, but you normally include with it a gratuitous level of right wing shite.

And you're a coward, the like of which I hope my daughters never meet....

HOLA4414
Just now, inbruges said:

There is only one group/culture/race in the UK that p**ses so many of us off and the majority know who they are as most of us talk about them behind safe closed doors and not in front of PC correct UK as it is today who have  committed some of the worst atrocities and just take take take as they constantly scream "we are victims", we all know who they are and we can hardly ever talk about them until usually it is too late and another vile crime is committed by them and we are called Hairy's old favourite word RACISTS which he seems to think means ethnic group beyond criticism 

Peak gammon.

HOLA4415
1 minute ago, inbruges said:

The UK is the most tolerate country in the world when it comes to immigration and race, on the whole we accept just about everyone. Of course you are always going to get the few who have an issue with the Jews or Chinese  or Hindus etc, who I might add have put in far more than they have taken out, a few will dislike short, tall, fat or thin people, but the vast majority of us are very welcoming and tolerant.

I would comment but the mods have been pretty clear on certain discussions so I will pass. 

1 minute ago, HairyOb1 said:

If you just said this a number of times, you'd be applauded, but you normally include with it a gratuitous level of right wing shite.

And you're a coward, the like of which I hope my daughters never meet....

Right wing ? I'm a liberal. In any real sense of the word. 

So anyway - when you call me a xenophobe what definition are you referring to ? Do you honestly think I have a fear of people from other countries ? 

As I've already said numerous times - I'm pretty much the complete opposite. 

I'm the antithesis of xenophobia. 

HOLA4416
Just now, ccc said:

I would comment but the mods have been pretty clear on certain discussions so I will pass. 

Right wing ? I'm a liberal. In any real sense of the word. 

So anyway - when you call me a xenophobe what definition are you referring to ? Do you honestly think I have a fear of people from other countries ? 

As I've already said numerous times - I'm pretty much the complete opposite. 

I'm the antithesis of xenophobia. 

Yeah, you're not

the lady doth protest too much, methinks...

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4417
5 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Yeah, you're not

the lady doth protest too much, methinks...

You didn't answer the question.

Do you think I fear foreigners but I spend half my life around them. Which would be rather bizarre to say the least.

Or do you think I'm just making up all my travel stuff and actually sit in my flat 24/7 and I am scared to set foot on a plane ?

I'm just trying to understand your logic here. It doesn't add up...

HOLA4418
Just now, HairyOb1 said:

I spend most of my life amongst foreigners ccc.  We all do.

I think you're a racist, not a xenophobe, I hope my kids never get involved with people like you. I liked you more as a self admitted ****.

Ok we are getting somewhere at last. 

By what definition am I a racist ? There are a few out there. 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
13 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Peak gammon.

A derogatory word used to mock a certain type of White person/s

Can you imagine  doing this to a Pakistani or Indian.

He has used this several times today alone because he knows it's offensive, total hypocrite 

HOLA4421
Just now, inbruges said:

He has used this several times today alone because he knows it's offensive, total hypocrite 

Yes, like Jon and other remainers on here.  

No, sorry, I mean fat, ruddy faced xenophobes mostly seen on late night BBC on Thursdays.

Very racist.

'tard

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4422
HOLA4423
4 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Oh, ****** me, where do I start....

Anywhere. Feel free. Just shouting you are this or you are that means nothing. 

1 minute ago, HairyOb1 said:

I think you're a racist, misogynistic cun t. I do, and everything I have read from you leads me there. I am wasting no more of my time explaining to you your deficiencies - Live with it buddy, I've read enough of your bilious shite to come to that conclusion.  We need to move on, you will never be able to defend the shite you post to me, so I suggest we move on.

Feel free to explain. 

1 minute ago, inbruges said:

He really doesn't see the irony :lol:

HOLA4424
HOLA4425