House Price Crash Forum

Brexit What Happens Next Thread ---multiple merged threads.

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
5 hours ago, pig said:

Well look this is ‘evidentially correct’ ...just a bit unreasonable :)

There actually have been studies posted somewhere up thread that given time and space people can make a pragmatic choice that might be contrary to their original choice. It’s also worth reviewing the word cloud, I think posted by CoVI

Just to contradict this, imho (online+some anecdotes) people have demonstrated a ‘wilful credulity’. That is, apparently otherwise intelligent people who in other areas have a healthy inquisitive scepticism basically  believing any old crap  provided it’s pro-Brexit.

The Brexiters I know in the flesh are a little quieter, a little more conflicted about the prospect of Brexit. Those online less so.

The Brexit campaign itself had an undercurrent of toxic nationalism, in which  BJ and Tommy Robinson are currently swimming. You also have to step back and  observe what Bannon & Mercer are about and of course Putin.

From all these fragments I think it’s reasonable to infer without an ‘evidentially correct’ base that there is a spectrum of Leavers from pragmatic all the way to ‘toxic’ nationalists. That the former are likely to be having second thoughts the latter were always beyond reason anyway. 

Edit: It’s also worth pointing out, it can be a kind of incredibly frustrating madness trying to interrogate that spectrum as I’m sure @inbruges and @HairyOb1 would agree ;)

Do you know where the word cloud is? I think I may have missed it.

HOLA445
1 hour ago, HairyOb1 said:

Ah, so now you're dressing it up as the locals just being a bit flirty, but the other day you were scared shitless as the FO told you not to intervene, and so you let your (now fit) 'burd' get sexually assaulted 10 times whilst you watched on, as a demonstration furrners were sub human and differently wired.

Coward.  That's all you are buddy.  You know it.

GLOVES OFF: May tells rivals 'FOCUS ON BREXIT' and LASHES OUT at 'inappropriate' Johnson

https://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/1018127/Brexit-news-Theresa-May-Boris-Johnson-eu-news-theresa-may-bbc-panorama

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
1 hour ago, HairyOb1 said:

Hang on, so making jokes about angry middle England 50-60 years olds is the same as inherent and institutional racism is the same?

I thought better of you RQ, maybe I was wrong, and you're the same as ccc and bruges

You'd think better of me if I was selective about who I mocked with some stereotypical appearance, instead of finding it all-round distastfeul? It's not even usually making jokes; some degree of stereotypical caricature, even of groups, is fine but you use it entirely in a derogatory manner, an image as an insult, and an image that is heavily based on someone's natural appearance rather than a self-chosen one. I'm not sensitive enough to be bothered about it personally but it does give me a rather contemptuous opinion of anyone using it in that manner.

HOLA449
Just now, inbruges said:

What has any of this got to do with leaving the EU?

Which is the only common ground you and CCC have on this thread, why are you so fixated with his personal life, and more so the one you are making up for him. How do you know anyway what happened in his personal life, and with something he strongly denies, the way you word it anyway.

It is just a pathetic attempt to discredit him and lame attempt to say that I am all man and he is not, which might or might not be the truth, but irrelevant to this thread. The only information your could have on this so called sexual assault is if you had been there, was you there?

Er, awkward, look back a few pages buddy.  And the personal shit makes me laugh, as you've made it all so personal since you disgraced yourself coming here

Just now, inbruges said:

Are you going to tell Hairy that?

So acutely funny...

As to Hopkins, I wish I could be as magnanimous as Jack Monroe, as that vile piece of shit has it all coming to her, and she's still offering an olive branch; I wish I was as strong as her.

HOLA4410
Just now, Riedquat said:

You'd think better of me if I was selective about who I mocked with some stereotypical appearance, instead of finding it all-round distastfeul? It's not even usually making jokes; some degree of stereotypical caricature, even of groups, is fine but you use it entirely in a derogatory manner, an image as an insult, and an image that is heavily based on someone's natural appearance rather than a self-chosen one. I'm not sensitive enough to be bothered about it personally but it does give me a rather contemptuous opinion of anyone using it in that manner.

I get called a bald git every now and again, as I shave my head.  I don't take it personally, as I am an adult.

I genuinely love the notion of a sub selection of a small, privileged group of people get all arsey about labelling.  That shit is hilarious....

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4411

How you take it isn't really the point, it's how it's meant and how that reflects on the person saying it. I've little time for people getting offended by things that I don't think they should be offended by for the same reason, because it's about the behaviour of the giver, not the receiver. Also friends taking the mick is quite different from random people being obnoxious.

"As I shave my head", suggesting it's entirely down to your choice to look like that, which makes it slightly different too (assuming the person calling you that knows it).

HOLA4412
3 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

Er, awkward, look back a few pages buddy.  And the personal shit makes me laugh, as you've made it all so personal since you disgraced yourself coming here

No, you 100% raised the issue of sexual assault on women and have used it to attack someone, what myself and a few others might be guilty of is following  your lead where we should maybe of just treated you with the contempt you deserve , don't try and twist this one around as well, this is all your making.

HOLA4413
5 minutes ago, inbruges said:

No, you 100% raised the issue of sexual assault on women and have used it to attack someone, what myself and a few others might be guilty of is following  your lead where we should maybe of just treated you with the contempt you deserve , don't try and twist this one around as well, this is all your making.

BUT, we know you love arguing with him so you can't 

You live on your own with no friends 

why don't you whattsap him, you know you want to

HOLA4414
Just now, Riedquat said:

How you take it isn't really the point, it's how it's meant and how that reflects on the person saying it. I've little time for people getting offended by things that I don't think they should be offended by for the same reason, because it's about the behaviour of the giver, not the receiver. Also friends taking the mick is quite different from random people being obnoxious.

"As I shave my head", suggesting it's entirely down to your choice to look like that, which makes it slightly different too (assuming the person calling you that knows it).

Gammon could reduce their salt intake.  Just saying...

Just now, inbruges said:

Oh no, this was ccc in his mighty glory pontificating that muslims were bad as he went to Muslimland and his (now fit) 'burd' was sexually assaulted (10 times, not by the same people) and he had to watch it, not get involved, as FO guidance was not to ****** with the local knife wielding muslim scum or he might be stabbed.

Then used it as defence in not being an Islamophobe - Just that Turks were bad folk, you know, but he likes everyone else...

Funny enough, didn't you say you weren't an islamophobe as that was being irrationally scared of them, and your fear was rational?

Yup, I think we know who we're dealing with here.

HOLA4415
7 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

I get called a bald git every now and again, as I shave my head.  I don't take it personally, as I am an adult.

I genuinely love the notion of a sub selection of a small, privileged group of people get all arsey about labelling.  That shit is hilarious....

But the big difference with you is that you go for the jugular and to hurt every time. You posted something to me earlier where you said you agreed, so you wrapped it in barbed wire as well, you call posters Gammon, you referred to ccc girlfriend as "the burd" , everything you post is tainted with a drop of venom until you cannot control your passive aggression and just blurt out people are c**ts.

And the ironic thing is that you use the race card more than anyone and with zero evidence and then start looking for sympathy and tell us how much you hate something that you are just inventing yourself anyway.

HOLA4416
2 minutes ago, prozac said:

BUT, we know you love arguing with him so you can't 

You live on your own with no friends 

why don't you whattsap him, you know you want to

????

You are taking a very odd interest in me without ever really saying anything and me to you, I have just ignored you up until now, please don;t tell me this is Hairy 

Edited by Guest

HOLA4417
HOLA4418
1 minute ago, inbruges said:

????

You are taking a very odd interest in me without ever really saying anything and me to you, I have just ignored you up until now, please don;t tell me this is Hairy 

I have lived off the Holloway Road, North London, and am in my mid fifties and have had a lot of catholic friends who fought for the British army and are now stuck in no mans land

not trusted by either the Catholics or the Protestants 

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
3 minutes ago, HairyOb1 said:

You display all of the hallmarks of a racist, so I will state it, clearly, and happily.  

I am the 3rd person today you have called racist, someone else has also asked  you to explain how and why and you just burst into a hissy fit and told them "because they are, get over it". You are the only racist from what I can see on this thread

HOLA4421
Just now, prozac said:

I have lived off the Holloway Road, North London, and am in my mid fifties and have had a lot of catholic friends who fought for the British army and are now stuck in no mans land

not trusted by either the Catholics or the Protestants 

My brother lost his marbles on his 4th tour of NI in the 80's.  He wasn't helped, he was summarily dismissed.  You want to know where I get my loathing of the armed forces, it's there.  Conversely, another brother, a lauded officer, was kept away from NI.  They look after their own.

Just now, prozac said:

Question for Hairyob1

If you were stuck on a desert island who would you want for company 

1. CCC

2. Inbruges 

Oh god, ccc, if pushed, as he likes a beer and would, probably, be better company than this insufferably ***** bruges.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4422
Just now, inbruges said:

I am the 3rd person today you have called racist, someone else has also asked  you to explain how and why and you just burst into a hissy fit and told them "because they are, get over it". You are the only racist from what I can see on this thread

No, second, Rq I queried, but don't think at all that he is; his wording was bad, that's all.

You?  ccc?  I've called you racist from the getgo, as that's what I believe.  I've not called anyone else, from memory, the same.  Xenophobes, there are plenty, I get it, but no, you and ccc are cut from the same cloth.

I absolutely love it when gammon call me racist by the way, love it, love the badge.  Gammon is demonstrably not racist; it's divisive, it's naughty, it's a nasty term, but racist it isn't.  

But you carry on son.

Edited by HairyOb1

HOLA4423
1 minute ago, HairyOb1 said:

No, second, Rq I queried, but don't think at all that he is; his wording was bad, that's all.

You?  ccc?  I've called you racist from the getgo, as that's what I believe.  I've not called anyone else, from memory, the same.  Xenophobes, there are plenty, I get it, but no, you and ccc are cut from the same cloth.

I absolutely love it when gammon call me racist by the way, love it, love the badge.  Gammon is demonstrably not racist; it's divisive, it's naughty, it's a nasty term, but racist it isn't.  

But you carry on son.

I cannot be bothered with you any more ?  

Your posts are just venom and you obviously have hate issues and a chip on your shoulder, I am going back(for a little while anyway until I am bored) to using this website for what it is here for.

You can continue to post your usual same tripe for the 200th day in a row and anti British and racist crap(and you don't fool me either)

HOLA4424
1 minute ago, inbruges said:

Your posts are just venom and you obviously have hate issues and a chip on your shoulder, I am going back(for a little while anyway until I am bored) to using this website for what it is here for.

You can continue to post your usual same tripe for the 200th day in a row and anti British and racist crap(and you don't fool me either)

Hairyob1

you upset him by saying you like CCC more

that is so evil

HOLA4425
Just now, inbruges said:

Look, I know you're ill, but spend that time wisely; invest in a dictionary, a course in English grammar, maybe a week or two off the piss.  But do something.