House Price Crash Forum

Perma-bears Blinkered?

HOLA441

This mornings IMF article and RICS article add weight to the FACT that the great HPC hasn't occured.

I have been here at this forum now for 20 months. I am still amazed at the strange posts claiming the HPC is here and well underway. Take Whoops Apocalypse as an example:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=20857

Or Libertina:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/forum/ind...showtopic=20791

Or the constant talk this last week of how bad the SIPPs reversal is. When will you people own up & admit that there has been no HPC in the UK? In fact there has barely been an HPC anywhere.

Is the problem that you are so glued to the news (and we know newspapers sell bad news for a living) that you have no perspective on the world apart from what you read and that what you read, you filter with your own imagination?

Get a grip people.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

This mornings IMF article and RICS article add weight to the FACT that the great HPC hasn't occured.

I have been here at this forum now for 20 months. I am still amazed at the strange posts claiming the HPC is here and well underway. Take Whoops Apocalypse as an example:

Or Libertina:

Or the constant talk this last week of how bad the SIPPs reversal is. When will you people own up & admit that there has been no HPC in the UK? In fact there has barely been an HPC anywhere.

Is the problem that you are so glued to the news (and we know newspapers sell bad news for a living) that you have no perspective on the world apart from what you read and that what you read, you filter with your own imagination?

Get a grip people.

no

Or Libertina:

Get a grip people.

I suppose you're the kind of person who'd walk out of a movie theater after the trailers, thinking the film's never going to start.

:lol:

HOLA445

I have been here at this forum now for 20 months. I am still amazed at the strange posts claiming the HPC is here and well underway.

Get a grip people.

Yes I too am amazed.

Only occasionally the obvious is pointed out. . .

1. No substance to the posts anymore.

2. Outlandish claims.

3. Posts are now designed to evoke a response, rather than engender reasoned argument.

COME ON GUYS, TTRTR IS A TROLL! IS SO OBVIOUS WHY CAN NO ONE SEE IT???

A troll is still a troll even if they have been with us a while. Take the blinkers off!

Edited by Guy

HOLA446

Yes I too am amazed.

Only occasionally the obvious is pointed out. . .

1. No substance to the posts anymore.

2. Outlandish claims.

3. Posts are now designed to evoke a response, rather than engender reasoned argument.

COME ON GUYS, TTRTR IS A TROLL! IS SO OBVIOUS WHY CAN NO ONE SEE IT???

A troll is still a troll even if they have been with us a while. Take the blinkers off!

Ayeup we are back arguing the definition of a troll again, or what is more important how it is interpeted in regards to this forum.

Is it a case of trying to disrupt threads or in this case having a view at odds to the majority of posters on the forum [ with possibly a little bit of tounge in cheek needling to boot] :rolleyes:

I think the forum needs bulls like TTRTR, because without the likes of TTRTR you could liken this forum to a misslie defence system. Vaunted to be flawless in it's entirety yet it's makers not prepared to have that belief tested under duress.

HOLA447

Or Libertina:

Get a grip people.

You're such a wind-up merchant! :D

HOLA448

I think the forum needs bulls like TTRTR, because without the likes of TTRTR you could liken this forum to a misslie defence system. Vaunted to be flawless in it's entirety yet it's makers not prepared to have that belief tested under duress.

Agreed. Like God, if TTRTR didn't exist, we'd have to invent him.

:D

Peter

HOLA449
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Hi TTRTR

I do not consider myself a person of figures so maybe you can explain this to me. Mid 2003 houses in my area were being snatched up at 250k. If we allow for say 6% annual HP inflation, then today they would be priced at £280,900. The problem is they are now struggling to get 228k and I live in a very popular and desirable area. In the last correction in this area exactly the same thing happened from 89 to 91 hitting the bottom in 95 back to their 88 prices, then finally returning to their 89 peak in 2001.

Thanks

CTT

HOLA4410

I agree being an uber bear and being negtive about one thing or everythingis bad, but being an uber bull about everything or one thing all the time is just as bad, most people are in the middle. I think TTRTR is being simplistic, perma bears exist but in smaller quantities. IMO it is more of a scale from uber positive people to uber negative people, with most people lieing in the middle....

There are people who are permanantly bearish on one thing (or everything), that is obviously stuupid and they will always be negative and fail.

There are people who are always positive on everything, very risky, want everything now gear themselves to the MAX, they may appear to be successful but will fail in the long run and end up poor.

Being neither positive or negative all the time is a good thing, the other two types tend to be normal rational people

There are people who are risk averse, they see risk and try and avoid it, they call a market top too soon and think about investing at the right time. Many of these will jump into a market too soon after a peak and get burnt, because they will be persuaded at the top that the market will continue to rise.

There are people who risk aware, they take a risk, they have a diversified portfolio, tend to buy just after a boom starts to occur in a market, but they get out at the top or just after the top, but occasionally make a bad call...

Edited by moosetea

HOLA4411

I too welcome bulls to the forum, but not to name call or to taunt (from either side).

There is, I agree a danger that we bears filter and only take notice of bear articles, hence we need to bulls to put the opposing side of the arguement. Hell, one day we ourselves will (or should) become bulls and decide to buy.

This posting of your however TTRTR is just twaddle. No new news. Just another "where's the crash" thread.

Whats the point in wasting everyones time with it?

In fact, just having proof read my own posting I am half regretting bothering to reply.

JP.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Ayeup we are back arguing the definition of a troll again, or what is more important how it is interpeted in regards to this forum.

Is it a case of trying to disrupt threads or in this case having a view at odds to the majority of posters on the forum [ with possibly a little bit of tounge in cheek needling to boot] :rolleyes:

We need bulls that contribute reasoned truthful argument & comment.

We need bears that contribute reasoned truthful argument & comment.

I make no distinction between bull and bears in this respect.

However, a bull who taunts, contributes little and is 'economical' with the truth (His IP address is consistently a UK ISP for example, and I have always wondered how a successful property developer either feels the need to post here or has the time to spend here).

'Fake' bulls, or fake bears, simply obscure what's really happening.

HOLA4414

TTRTR,

It's simple.! Normal 3 bed semis near us are for sale at asking prices of £325 to £350k!!!!.

These semis were £140k 4 years ago.

The market is overvalued, simple as that. Wages have not increased.

Thats all there is to say, the market always corrects itself.

Lou

HOLA4415

TTRTR,

It's simple.! Normal 3 bed semis near us are for sale at asking prices of £325 to £350k!!!!.

These semis were £140k 4 years ago.

The market is overvalued, simple as that. Wages have not increased.

Thats all there is to say, the market always corrects itself.

Lou

Spot on Lou G. The market always corrects itself.

They were too cheap before and have corrected.

HOLA4416
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Spot on Lou G. The market always corrects itself.

They were too cheap before and have corrected.

Come TTRTR that`s the coward way out. :lol:

HOLA4417

TTRTR is not a troll, and there are much fewer trolls around than is often claimed. The word troll has quite wrongly been hi-jacked and applied to anyone who disagrees with the prevailing view on a forum. This is an unfortunate misuse of a useful word and diminishes its meaning.

A troll is someone whose presence on a forum is there for no other purpose than to annoy, irritate and undermine others without any regard for tangible debate.

I probably disagree with every single one of TTRTR's thousands of posts, but that does not make him a troll. If this forum is not to become a self-congratulatory mouthpiece for one view then it has to allow for dissenting opinions, and that shouldn't be a problem because rational arguments backed up with insight and believable facts always outweigh, in the end, innacurate speculation and prejudice.

Please do not throw the word troll around without thinking a little.

VP

HOLA4418

Or Libertina:

Get a grip people.

Ho ho ho! santa.gif

HOLA4419
HOLA4420
HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Stick this in your bear pipe & smoke it:

http://www.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,3040...6,00.html?f=rss

I bet a lot of that was MEWing to pay for Christmas and to consolidate their CC debts.

A friend of mine a long established credit broker in South London has had his best trading results this current quarter for consolidation remortgages. <_<

HOLA4424
HOLA4425
Guest Charlie The Tramp

Hi TTRTR

I do not consider myself a person of figures so maybe you can explain this to me. Mid 2003 houses in my area were being snatched up at 250k. If we allow for say 6% annual HP inflation, then today they would be priced at £280,900. The problem is they are now struggling to get 228k and I live in a very popular and desirable area. In the last correction in this area exactly the same thing happened from 89 to 91 hitting the bottom in 95 back to their 88 prices, then finally returning to their 89 peak in 2001.

Thanks

CTT

So no comment then TTRTR :(