House Price Crash Forum

B8Gger. Me Mum's Dead!

MrPin

HOLA441

Are you 'tooled up' yet for when she comes back as a zombie?

You've be watching "Brain Dead"? Yes I have a rotary mower!

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

My Mum hasn't come back as a Zombie yet, but I can still hear her tutting every time I put an extra sugar in my tea.

That's not tea in that cup is it? If you put extra sugar in it, the doctors will think you are diabetic.

• 2 weeks later...
HOLA444

Well now I have been to the funeral. Nice non religious one. I thought it rather tasteful by my standards. The best thing was a convoy of black extra long cars blocking the A43, by driving at 25 mph in both lanes. I think these funeral directors have a sense of fun. I hope the bloke in the Astra was late for his ball bearing conference. :blink:

HOLA445

MrPin's Mum did her bit for the War Effort too.

She knew every grease nipple on a Messerchmitt Bf109!

Actually you are thinking of my aunt. Not really related, but always "Aunt Elsa" to us kids. She did indeed push paper planes around on a big map for the Luftwaffe. :unsure:

HOLA446
HOLA447

Very nice Porca. Far too lardy-dah for mum! We had Vera Lynn "We'll meet again", Brahm's lullaby, and a "nice cup of tea", by Binnie Hale. I think my sister chose them.

HOLA448
HOLA449

Eh? She's still dead?

She's not the Queen Mother, and will not have a State resurrection, of the "undead" escaping the Cenotaph.

HOLA4410

Actually you are thinking of my aunt. Not really related, but always "Aunt Elsa" to us kids. She did indeed push paper planes around on a big map for the Luftwaffe. :unsure:

My gran also did work on planes. Did all the checks on the Lancaster bombers (I think if I remember right) before they took off near Lough Neagh in Northern Ireland. They may even have exchanged Morse code.

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

As someone who ruthlessly overtakes selfish slow funeral processions on my scooter, and who intends to donate my body to medical science: Sorry for your loss MrP :(

Now that would have been funny!

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

Is it true that when you push those ones on the map around the real ones move correspondingly?

HOLA4415

Is it true that when you push those ones on the map around the real ones move correspondingly?

That was Herr Shicklegrueber's plan.

HOLA4416

There was an episode of Stargate where they found what they thought was an alien Sims-like video game and so began playing it for fun.

Some time later they visited a planet and realised that every move they had been making in the video game had been happening to the people on the planet.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Very nice Porca. Far too lardy-dah for mum! We had Vera Lynn "We'll meet again", Brahm's lullaby, and a "nice cup of tea", by Binnie Hale. I think my sister chose them.

My dad chose "Well meet again" he would be 88 if he was alive, the song must have meant a lot to that generation

HOLA4419

My dad chose "Well meet again" he would be 88 if he was alive, the song must have meant a lot to that generatio

Very nice Mancky! I think that meant a lot to a certain generation! I'm gonna have "I can't come" by the "Snivelling Shits".

HOLA4420

I've sung that myself for a funeral.

I first encountered the poem when I played the part of Arviragus, one of the two brothers who share the song in Shakespeare's original. Loved it then, and then all the more when I encountered Finzi's gorgeous music.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422

Your sister seems like a good sort Mr Pin.

Btw, does she go ?

Yes, a good sort! She arranged most of it. As for the question, I do not know for I am neither Royal or from Pakistan. :unsure:

HOLA4423
HOLA4424

Well I feel completely knackered. My sister did most of the graft/organising. And I can't imagine what dad feels like after nearly 60 years of marriage. :blink: I shall now contemplate Chinese Morse code. :mellow:

HOLA4425

Archived