House Price Crash Forum

Carney Promises Action On Buy-To-Let Property Market

kjw

HOLA441

Don't be daft. I'm here only to discuss and seek advice and opinion. I've been following this site since 2002 (although not recently) and saw the obvious overvalue in the UK houses before this site even existed. It was a godsend when I found HPC.co.uk. I don't know where you are in the grand scheme of things, how old etc. Where are all the old crew pre 2007?. Who remembers financial planner? He was official spokesman. Remember the monkey?

At one stage Ms Somersett Web said the north was fair value,I don't know what her stance is now.

I don't think that this site was going in 2002,but I do remember the pre-crash days. Financial Planner, of course. And the Monkey, who I remember only for the amazing signature. It was also the era when landlords were allowed on and not called trolls - like Time To Raise The Rents.

Back then a large chunk of discussion was on the risks posed by collateralised debt obligations - spot on as it turned out. Our focus is still on the right thing, this time the risks posed by BTL.

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Hello Count. Regarding coming onto a website for advice on a huge financial transaction such as a house... I am not like the rest of the sheep out there. I see HPC on the horizon. I saw it coming in way before 2007. I argued, debated with my friends, colleagues like many and was made to look a fool for my doomsaying. Well in 2007/8 some of them conceded I was right after all. The mindset of someone who thinks houses are overvalued assets is a rare one. I don't know hardly anyone in my social circle who understands, even now. They are blinded by the mainstream media. This website is full of people who understand. So forgive me for posting here. I know you are cheesed off with it I am too. And it has driven me to where I am today.... considering moving to other areas of the country to get a house. Sod the job I hate my job anyway. I'd rather give up the ratrace for a 3 times salary house. My views on HPI and a coming crash ended up with me not buying a house with my ex in the SE and ended up splitting up in large part due to it. SO with no ties and a single man, yes I will go where the houses are affordable and I might even meet a down to earth bird up there instead of some materialistic stuck up posh bird in London.

Yes the site may be called HPC. But its far from so cut and dry than that. I see posts from people who have bought but still post here and think the situation is insane.

There seems to be far to much black or white here, either for HPC or you are not. Where is the debate? I know this is not mumsnet but come on... we are all kind of in the same boat!!

Buy a house.

Dont buy a house.

It's up to you. No one here cares.

Anyone that comes onto a web site looking for advice on making the biggest financial commitment of their lives, really does need their head looking at. Just based on that alone I think you'd best just give up and get yourself sectioned.

What makes me laugh is that you wont buy in the SE, too expensive but will in the NE because it's cheap.

Don't you know where you live ?

Most people by a house where they live and work, not where prices are cheapest.

Are you a would be BTL scum bag perhaps ?

Your post seems a bit disingenuous, and confused, but if it's advice you want the advice you can get:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/

The clue is in the website name.

Bye.

HOLA445
HOLA446

I think he will act. During the 2016/2017 recession BTL could easily cause a huge HPC with enough scale to take a few banks out, or just severely damage the economy. he needs to thin out their ranks quickly so people sell over the next 6 months not all in one go in 12 months time.

everything to stoke FTB demand at a more sustainable level (lower than BTL buying level) yet ripping the face of BTL.

much more changes due very soon. probably much restricted lending and impose big interest rate increases on BTL loans. perhaps even some addition stuff to affect those holding out with BTL now.

when do we get the next updated statistics to show the falling home ownership rates must be falling through the floor still. Unless the BTL crown are castrated the figures will be politically explosive, easy pickings for the opposition party.