House Price Crash Forum
Sign in to follow this  
kjw

Carney Promises Action On Buy-To-Let Property Market

The Bank of England has again expressed concern about the UK's buy-to-let property market.

The Bank's governor, Mark Carney, said he was concerned about high levels of lending to landlords and that the Bank would take action.

"There are a number of things happening ... we are watching it closely and we will take action," he told the FT.

Mr Carney said the problem was that investors might sell their properties at the same time if house prices fell.

In September, the Bank's Financial Policy Committee (FPC) made a similar warning about the buy-to-let market.

The committee, which is led by Mr Carney, said the growing market posed a threat to the UK's financial stability.

"The stock of buy-to-let lending might be disproportionately vulnerable to very large falls in house prices," the FPC said. [more at link]

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35108952

the good news is coming thick and fast today.

is anyone seriously considering buy a property right now?

have the buy toileters been set up for a massive fall?

very interesting times.

caveat emptor

Mr Carney said the problem was that investors might sell their properties at the same time if house prices fell.

In September, the Bank's Financial Policy Committee (FPC) made a similar warning about the buy-to-let market.

The committee, which is led by Mr Carney, said the growing market posed a threat to the UK's financial stability.

"The stock of buy-to-let lending might be disproportionately vulnerable to very large falls in house prices," the FPC said.

Lets hope he's not going to use FLS scheme to fund their lending as a lifeboat, but regulate and restrictions to keep the wider economy safe from their fiscal toxicity.

Same old story....let things get out of hand then try to rewind quickly......of course they know what should be done, but have they the will and inclination to do it....time will tell.

Or all talk and no trousers.;)

The bankrupt of england are not he solution they are the problem - they are the ones force feeding this market with theft from other parts of the economy.

Carney is just a talking head, a placement liar that both the politicians and the scummy banks (from which he has come) approve.

That's a snake swallowing it's own tail though and that's how you get a crash.

Is he suggesting he will do something to stop prices falling?

The only option would be for the govt to buy the houses being sold at asking price. But that would be insanity.

That's a snake swallowing it's own tail though and that's how you get a crash.

Is he suggesting he will do something to stop prices falling?

The only option would be for the govt to buy the houses being sold at asking price. But that would be insanity.

That's how I read it - better not let prices fall so expect more market manipulation to prevent it.

I can't remember whether it was Carney or King but didn't they, when faced with runaway housing inflation, state "it's not the job of the BOE to attempt to control house prices. At the time inflation was like 4% and HPI about 10%.

Well the government are getting there with the relentless HtB schemes, George will help with 40% of the asking price in London.

Yes but even htb is only for 5 years, this government's downfall could be dithering, what happens to the htb cash if the house is in negative equity.

Well the government are getting there with the relentless HtB schemes, George will help with 40% of the asking price in London.

You know when the economy is running on hot air when banks are having to be helped, top up of wages credit help, education funding help and now help to buy, impossible to do anything without state help....you need us more than you will ever know.....not including all those directly and indirectly dependent on state help one way or another, in work or out of work.....all we need how is a citizens income......sit back and enjoy the view.

"The stock of buy-to-let lending might be disproportionately vulnerable to very large falls in house prices"

Ie they are in the **** end of towns populated by immigrants who will bugger off once their jobs become automated.

the good news is coming thick and fast today.

is anyone seriously considering buy a property right now?

Hi count. I am, but only because I've been forced to and I'm running out of time. I was thinking about buying in the NE. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest HPCer going, - the SE is overvalued so I won't buy there. Only the north of England seems ok value in relation to wages. We have the stamp duty changes coming in soon. I'd like to think there will be a crash but it seems Osbourne is throwing everything at it in order to keep values high, FLS, HTB, stupid ISAs. etc. If we do have a crash I don't think the north will be affected so much anyway - they are already rock bottom. No jobs though, thats ok I'll work in the south and keep my shared ownership house here. Stupid idea?

Hi count. I am, but only because I've been forced to and I'm running out of time. I was thinking about buying in the NE. Don't get me wrong, I'm the biggest HPCer going, - the SE is overvalued so I won't buy there. Only the north of England seems ok value in relation to wages. We have the stamp duty changes coming in soon. I'd like to think there will be a crash but it seems Osbourne is throwing everything at it in order to keep values high, FLS, HTB, stupid ISAs. etc. If we do have a crash I don't think the north will be affected so much anyway - they are already rock bottom. No jobs though, thats ok I'll work in the south and keep my shared ownership house here. Stupid idea?

Hello, hello, hello...

Checklist

• Responds to obvious troll-bait from TCoN
  • Bear variant display name
  • Claims to be massively up for hpc
  • Buying anyway
  • Believes government exists to keep house prices up
  • Can't spell Osborne

Hmm...

Don't be daft. I'm here only to discuss and seek advice and opinion. I've been following this site since 2002 (although not recently) and saw the obvious overvalue in the UK houses before this site even existed. It was a godsend when I found HPC.co.uk. I don't know where you are in the grand scheme of things, how old etc. Where are all the old crew pre 2007?. Who remembers financial planner? He was official spokesman. Remember the monkey?

At one stage Ms Somersett Web said the north was fair value,I don't know what her stance is now.

Don't be daft. I'm here only to discuss and seek advice and opinion. I've been following this site since 2002 (although not recently) and saw the obvious overvalue in the UK houses before this site even existed. It was a godsend when I found HPC.co.uk. I don't know where you are in the grand scheme of things, how old etc. Where are all the old crew pre 2007?. Who remembers financial planner? He was official spokesman. Remember the monkey?

At one stage Ms Somersett Web said the north was fair value,I don't know what her stance is now.

Buy a house.

Dont buy a house.

It's up to you. No one here cares.

Anyone that comes onto a web site looking for advice on making the biggest financial commitment of their lives, really does need their head looking at. Just based on that alone I think you'd best just give up and get yourself sectioned.

What makes me laugh is that you wont buy in the SE, too expensive but will in the NE because it's cheap.

Don't you know where you live ?

Most people by a house where they live and work, not where prices are cheapest.

Are you a would be BTL scum bag perhaps ?

Your post seems a bit disingenuous, and confused, but if it's advice you want the advice you can get:

http://www.housepricecrash.co.uk/

The clue is in the website name.

Bye.

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

Hello, hello, hello...

Checklist

• Buying anyway
  • Can't spell Osborne

Hmm...

Quality !!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Dont forget

• Total denial when confronted.
  • Claim to have been here since 2002

Hello, hello, hello...

Checklist

• Buying anyway
  • Can't spell Osborne

Hmm...

To be fair they have not done a bad job so far ,considering it was all going down the tubes when they came to power