House Price Crash Forum

More Signs Of The Tory Recovery

HOLA441

News

Every little helps... Shocking moment Tesco shoppers wrestled on supermarket floor while scrambling for cut-price food 'like scavenging dogs'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3128484/Shocking-moment-shoppers-wrestled-Tesco-supermarket-floor-scrambling-cut-price-food-like-scavenging-dogs.html

poor or hungry people fighting over food like scavenging dogs.

Maybe the bankers, brown, Cameron and Osborne will laugh when they see the world they are creating.

I personally find it quite sad.

Still house prices are booming in Northampton...

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA442

Im lucky in that i pass Morrisons every day at 12pm when they reduce.Freezer is stuffed full of good quality meat etc bought for next to nothing.Today wasnt much but managed to get two big roasting joints that had been £16 for £5 each.I usually end up with a lot for free where the multi buy discount is bigger than the reductions so knocks them down to free if you get two.Tesco's is tougher as they dont do big discounts until late and everything is spread out.Did manage £30 worth of haddock for £7 this week but that went to my mother,i had no room.I invest what i save in dividend paying blue chips.

HOLA443
HOLA444

Personally I have "let go" of this whole thing. Yes extortionate house prices are unfair, but you just have to ask yourself if you'd be happier shoving all of your wealth and THEN going into debt for a single asset, and making a promise to slave away for 15 to 25 years to pay off the debt portion....versus renting and the hassle of moving every few years. For me, the latter gives me much more freedom and less stress. Despite the incessant propaganda, the economy is extremely unstable, Tories creating history out-borrowing Labour by two to three multiples, emergency rates. We all know how quickly the tune can change. Sit back as much as you can and enjoy the ride with your wealth diversified.

Edited by canbuywontbuy

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

This scene is repeated at many Tescos and other supermarkets everyday of the week across the country. I have seen similar at my local. A lot of depends on the crowd who are there on the night. Sometimes it's quite collegiate and people are chatting to each other/the price reducing chap and sharing the bargains around. Other times, two women will work together to literally scoop everything into their trolley, sort through it, and then toss back anything they don't want back to the rest. That understandably creates some bad feeling and a bit more of a scum.

I go there more out of habit than needing a bargain nowadays. A hangover from being dirt poor when I was younger. Plus it can be a good way of trying out things you would likely not notice on the shelves. Had my first grenadillo a few weeks back. Bought a couple of them for 10p each as they were left untouched by the rest of the scavengers. Absolutely delicious and will likely pay full price for one if I ever see them for sale again.

HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411

Surely this is a collection of HPCers trying to live on £5 a week.

I am happier to see people wanting a bargain, than to see them chuck money around like confetti. If everyone had this mindset, house prices would not have got so eyewateringly out of control

More likely a collection of the poorest echelon of society HAVING to live on £5 a week

HOLA4412

I would never buy from a supermarket fish counter, especially in the reduced section. I would feel safer having a cup of tea with a couple of Putin's mates in a London hotel.

I have no such hangups.It wasnt from the fish counter, it was pre-sealed stuff,very nice quality actually.People are going to the wrong shops for the bargains.The huge superstores have very little and you have to time it just right.The smaller local stores are far better as tend to reduce at the same rough time each day and with smaller traffic its easy to fill your boots.Todays trip wasnt as fruitful, just a few big sirloin steaks for £1.50 each from £4.80.My shopping bill is half what it used to be at Aldi B)

HOLA4413
HOLA4414
HOLA4415