Are The Shires Crashing ?

HOLA441
  • Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HOLA442
HOLA443

Hundreds of posters and individuals think that others should remember where each lives.

Why all posters don't just put their areas in their headline profiles?

Especially if they are going to quote what's happening in THEIR area...!

Anyhoo...

Another with at least 10% off AP in E Herts:

In fact 13.5% in this case:

08/04/2015

• Price changed: from '£1,150,000' to '£995,000'

04/03/2015

• Status changed: from 'null' to 'Available'

23/01/2015

• Initial entry found.
Edited by Killer Bunny

HOLA444

Hundreds of posters and individuals think that others should remember where each lives.

Why all posters don't just put their areas in their headline profiles?

Especially if they are going to quote what's happening in THEIR area...!

Anyhoo...

Another with at least 10% off AP in E Herts:

In fact 13.5% in this case:

08/04/2015

• Price changed: from '£1,150,000' to '£995,000'

04/03/2015

23/01/2015

• Initial entry found.

meh

HOLA445
HOLA446
HOLA447

Here's a little gem from West Sussex:

02/04/2015

Price changed: Guide Price £625,000 £695,000
Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'
23/03/2015
Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Under offer'
23/02/2015
Status changed: from 'Under offer' to 'Available'
15/07/2014
Initial entry found.

I sincerely hope they will crash and burn on this one, but I have to say the market seems pretty lively in the "mid" range (250-400) around here (but not, from what I've seen, at this sort of price range, with a fair few reductions about).

Edited by mattyboy1973

HOLA448

Another at least 10% reduced E Herts family home

15/04/2015

21/07/2014

• Price changed: from '£450,000' to '£425,000'

05/11/2013

• Price changed: from '£475,000' to '£450,000'

04/09/2013

• Initial entry found.

HOLA449

Over in the London suburb of North Oxford, the sound of wombles wringing their hands in despair as they proffer the breaking-the-bad-news estate agent a plate of M & S chocolate fancies...a 16% cut from £1.2Mill.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/36541658?search_identifier=c2bda730307d93c902f799d8523bebf7#I3x5HXD5VRqdp63F.97

Place sold for 800k eight years back - so they've just lost half of the fantasy gains. Seeing a few cuts like this, but sadly all around the million mark. Bring on the slide...

Edited by thehowler

HOLA4410

Over in the London suburb of North Oxford, the sound of wombles wringing their hands in despair as they proffer the breaking-the-bad-news estate agent a plate of M & S chocolate fancies...a 16% cut from £1.2Mill.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/for-sale/details/36541658?search_identifier=c2bda730307d93c902f799d8523bebf7#I3x5HXD5VRqdp63F.97

Place sold for 800k eight years back - so they've just lost half of the fantasy gains. Seeing a few cuts like this, but sadly all around the million mark. Bring on the slide...

Look at this, further down same road.... (link for all postcodes for the road = http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/OX2/Bainton-Road.html )

Guide Price £1,325,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-34270074.html

If RM match-up is correct, it sold in June 2014 for £1,200,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=33901179&sale=51307514&country=england

Not much margin for error on sale... looks empty. Unless of course, the listing is still 'live' on Rightmove (as in, 'in error'.. not removed/pulled by EA) back from when it sold in June 2014 for £1,200,000. Although PB has picked up this listing on 16/04/2015.

Archived listing from 2014... Guide Price £995,000. Did the June 2014 buyers get into a bidding war, into the frenzy - cash-is-trash - "a number of smart people I know are buying property for the coming wipe out of cash" (yada) / or in some HPCers' terms... well I won't get into that pure-softness again right now.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/83-bainton-road/oxford/ox2-7ag/32477855

Doesn't appear to be on rental market.

HOLA4411

Ah, the tangled web, and trying to imagine and speculate on the truths of real lives, real people or investment rogues intertwined with these modest piles of bricks...

but they're only houses. Be they insanely overpriced or not.

In the Oxford thread I followed a similar house that had cuts to fall to a similar price and was then removed from the market.

Perhaps some sad souls have staked their livelihoods, kids' futures and all their petty dreams on these greedy dreams?

Not so unlike the rest of us.

HOLA4412

Ah, the tangled web, and trying to imagine and speculate on the truths of real lives, real people or investment rogues intertwined with these modest piles of bricks...

In the Oxford thread I followed a similar house that had cuts to fall to a similar price and was then removed from the market.

Perhaps some sad souls have staked their livelihoods, kids' futures and all their petty dreams on these greedy dreams?

Yes I like to speculate on the motivations and actions of other market participants - it helps get a glimpse into state of the market. Those who hold, not tempted to sell at ever higher prices, those buying/bidding wars at every higher prices for low-inventory - those who state there can be no hpc, expect another doubling, trebling by 2040 etc.

If you're referring to my post, I looked up the planning (current listing) and it seems to come back to a guy called roger b*i*l*b*o*u*l as possible buyer/owner in 2014, who put in for the planning application... the research on from there. At least that name on some of the application / planning docs... then I look at current asking price, the 2014 guide, and what I saw for myself was a bid-frenzy for similar homes in 2014 - with many a post on hpc expecting/wanting renter-savers wiped out... aside from the constant HPI wider partying in real world and in media.

They're houses which are overvalued. (Not the 'not' part yet). When they're not, then I will be happier, but they're not yet. So that means they're houses that are insanely overpriced (imo). No so unlike the rest of us? Yes, taking my own risks with my family positions / guidance for family (and my hefty financial support for other renting family, to smooth until HPC comes in). It's HPI vs HPC. I'm not going to take on 'victims' recently buying/owning £1m+ houses. It's not renters carry owners/buyers. Live or die... I'm not carrying those who stick the knife into others by buying at extremely high prices... keeping prices high and higher for other owners... it's the buyers who prevent the HPC. I'm not willing to accept they are victims.

Well we know one answer to public debt favoured by those with no savings...get rid of the debt by monetizing it. I guess as we are struggling with debt deflation now it will become an increasingly tempting option by central banks.

As one member on here keeps saying (absolutely not me btw) 'Destroy money'.

Indeed a great option for anyone who has geared money into physical houses and has got a gold plated superannuated retirement package courtesy of the tax payer.

This:

Nail on the head, that's why a number of smart people I know have bought property, they don't care that they rental income is small, they just want to save their wealth from the coming wipe out of cash, bonds and equities...

HOLA4413

Many of the HPI boasters/steady eddies are vile, without doubt, but my point was that perhaps some of them are dupes or innocents hopers who have done as instructed - just waiting for a different tilt in the scales to many on these boards. They might not have set out to stick the knife into HPCers.

A lot of the rage comes from a sense of injustice that is simply not shared by those who have just done as they were told to do.

They're wombles, most of them, not sharks.

HOLA4414

Many of the HPI boasters/steady eddies are vile, without doubt, but my point was that perhaps some of them are dupes or innocents hopers who have done as instructed - just waiting for a different tilt in the scales to many on these boards. They might not have set out to stick the knife into HPCers.

A lot of the rage comes from a sense of injustice that is simply not shared by those who have just done as they were told to do.

I don't care - the prices they are all too often paying (some exceptions lower end/ certain areas)... they're entitlement and attitude to price.

Even if they are wombles, they can go camp out on the common in/after the HPC, die of shock into the HPC... go rent after HPC... suffer the HPC.

I'm interested in HPC, not constantly excuses for the buyers at ever higher stupid prices... 'oh they just wanted a home' (die). I'm interested in advancing my own position, to buy rather than rent (at a much lower price).... not this mystic-meg stuff

but they're only houses. Be they insanely overpriced or not.Perhaps some sad souls have staked their livelihoods, kids' futures and all their petty dreams on these greedy dreams?

Their families are not my family. How can we constantly keep getting back to those refusing to sell (at super high prices), harping on about all the HPI to come, buying at ever higher prices, laughing at dead-money-renters, rubbing their hands at prospect of savers being wiped out... as being the most important groupings in the market?

You can't hold off market correction - or fear it as a big sob story - because it might hurt some dupes who did as instructed by HUTM, other media, adverts for debt on telly, what their parents said... 21 year old Scouts yearning for HPI on their flips. You're either on the right side of the equation or your not... and many of us have spent years on HPC (and before) on the wrong side... mini-hpc then chronic reflation. As they were told... of course it's not shared by the buyers of recent times into evermore HPI... maybe they'll have some rage and learning into the HPC, and realise where they were wrong. Don't volunteer me to carry those on the buying side... oh they're so innocent... not their fault for paying £400K for a semi in South Manchester... "they just wanted a home". If quarter-million+ for doss homes doesn't send alarm bells ringing for them, then there can be no forgiveness. There are limited houses... we choose to pay what we choose to pay - womble innocents or not. Those paying high prices are outbidding many of those who refuse to.

HOLA4415

I crave a crash too and have done for close to a decade but I feel this us and them/take no prisoners dogma is only bitter and worthless - and let's face it, we've been on the losing side of the equation since 2008 and still are. There's a hint of a crash now but I've seen it before and had it snatched from my fingers. The PTB have nailed their colours to the mast, so have we and I see it as a showdown, but no need for ignoble outbursts.

If and when prices do tank, I'll take no pleasure in seeing the wombles crushed and ruined.

HOLA4416

And looking up the planning for this house (below).... applicant's address comes back to an address at Earls Terrace, Holland Park, Central London, W8.... Sold Price: £3,600,000. Sale Date: 25 Apr 2000.... if my assumption is correct that the owner of that place was also buyer of this house at £1.2m in 2014 (now on market at Guide Price £1,325,000)... then why is it always awarding Womble-status to everyone... "oh they could be innocents hurt in a HPC who just did as instructed" (at crazy prices outbidding others). Get a stomach for HPC imo - and realise there is pain on the non-owner renter side too.

Your overpriced houses "or not" - is meaningless... because the owner side holds the ovepriced/overvalued houses to their advantage... they're not hoping for lower prices (in the main part, or worrying about renters priced out year after year... hit by QE and other stimulus... and far too often they want more HPI, and renter savers to be wiped out.. 1 in 5 houses a rental isn't it now... get a stomach for it. Womble-innocent nonsense for those outbidding others. It's not always owners/buyers at extreme prices, in this market, who are HPCs main priority - I couldn't care less about them... I want HPC. (Many HPCers who bought in recent times have at least not overstretched.. limited themselves to homes which are not as pretty/roomy/gardens etc, to what they would like and actually deserve... in this protection of HPI market.. think of the victims.).

http://public.oxford.gov.uk/online-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=documents&keyVal=NDW0X4MFHSW00

Guide Price £1,325,000

If RM match-up is correct, it sold in June 2014 for £1,200,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/house-prices/detailMatching.html?prop=33901179&sale=51307514&country=england

Not much margin for error on sale... looks empty. Unless of course, the listing is still 'live' on Rightmove (as in, 'in error'.. not removed/pulled by EA) back from when it sold in June 2014 for £1,200,000. Although PB has picked up this listing on 16/04/2015.

Archived listing from 2014... Guide Price £995,000. Did the June 2014 buyers get into a bidding war, into the frenzy - cash-is-trash - "a number of smart people I know are buying property for the coming wipe out of cash" (yada) / or in some HPCers' terms... well I won't get into that pure-softness again right now.

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property-history/83-bainton-road/oxford/ox2-7ag/32477855

Doesn't appear to be on rental market.

HOLA4417

I crave a crash too and have done for close to a decade but I feel this us and them/take no prisoners dogma is only bitter and worthless - and let's face it, we've been on the losing side of the equation since 2008 and still are. There's a hint of a crash now but I've seen it before and had it snatched from my fingers. The PTB have nailed their colours to the mast, so have we and I see it as a showdown, but no need for ignoble outbursts.

If and when prices do tank, I'll take no pleasure in seeing the wombles crushed and ruined.

**** them. I think about my own family... and I want hard HPC for them, and to create prosperity opportunities for so many future generations (less expensive house prices / more fairness).

Wombles casting.... when we're in a market where millionaires in Holland Park are flipping homes? There's more important things... like thinking of our own situation in this concentration camp of a market.

HOLA4418

The house prices are REAL. HPI year-after-HPI-year-after-HPI-year I read this crying for the owner side on non-existant-HPC, as I now read threads titled Is It Time To Give Up? In dark moments when I consider cracking myself and paying quarter-million for some skanky 2-bed flat in Cheshire.

There is no HPC at all, yet falling over each other cause can't stomach a HPC as among the buyers are those who just rushed in and paid extreme prices as they we're 'instructed' after a few moments thought or being told by family/friends it only goes up, and as if there is no ruin on the renter-saver side. A market full of VI, who've had extreme policy support... landlords flippers millionaire... and ohh 'Can't have HPC because that younger smiley family who paid £450K for that house you wanted yourself are nice people who couldn't have know £450K was expensive.' And what's the worse that can happen to them anyway.. bankruptcy/renting - shock. And how do you know there is any HPC to come.. prices have doubled again around here, and many a forecast claiming set for that again over next few years. We make our own decisions.

It's worse than that... on a thread where it appears investor/flipper going into a 2014 frenzy bidding war, paying over £1m and now trying to flip it for more... evidence suggesting they have a £11M+ house themselves in Holland Park (unless they are renting that super prime place... doubtful imo).

http://www.zoopla.co.uk/property/22-earls-terrace/london/w8-6lp/25104938

The tiny b street terraces now seem to be about the 250k mark.

I despair and feel shafted.

Could buy a flat in Altrincham area now but the prospect depressed me to ******.

The prices are real. We all want to own a house. Don't volunteer others, on the renter/saver/ or patient-upsizer side, for no HPC against others, including an ever smaller micro-faction of younger 'innocent' buyers pushing and falling over-themselves to get on HPI easy-life entitlement, when it's boomer/investors having an extreme party HPI.

Anyway, back to another day of renting/earning.. trying to save a few quid, waiting for HPC and being told HPC is unfair... "think about the victims".

They're not 'not' - they would be after HPC... and they're houses some of us would very much like to own one of them... just like your Womble buyers buy at mad prices... the ones you have so much concern for. errr why some of us rent/wait for years and years and years and years.. are here. The house prices are real. Fewer of your wombles paying mad prices would help lead to HPC, but main buyers VI HPI no-fears, investors/flippers.. boomers empty bedroom buyers, BTLers... bring on HPC.

Real Estate Bubbles:

The manic phase of the boom lasts for several years. In the classic assets mania, markets outrun any rational valuation based on yield or cash return. Properties come to sell at absurd prices on the expectation they will appreciate to still more absurd prices. And they do. They defy gravity, moving from one lofty new high to another, month after month, year after year.... long enough to lure in otherwise prudent people to mortgaging their gains to reinvest in the inflated assets on margin.

Before the market can top, everyone who could conceivably be drawn in must have already become a buyer. And debt levels supporting the asset prices must be many times higher than any that could conceivably be serviced out of the cash flow yielded by the asset itself.

Then comes the bust. Just as everyone has come to count on the idea that the lofty asset valuations are permanent, there is a crash.

Edited by Venger

HOLA4419

They're not 'not'. 'They're only houses.. modest piles of bricks' - where the overpricing is real.. buyers and sellers year after year transacting at ever higher prices. Reports showing inventory to market is scraping lows because even these prices not enough to tempt out sellers to cash in, from the forever HPI (yet).

Too bad, so sad.

Well the post which triggered your reaction... about a flip... Wombles/Innocents... this is the type of house that the evidence suggests the buyer/flipper lives in / owns..... bit of a different life to my own... top of layer cake is getting so crowded... "They read a report about constant HPI, the massive profits from long wave proven HPI... they can see too few houses.. and how younger people will be forever Generation Rent forever... they did as they were instructed in £1m+ purchases to leave empty and seek to flip.." so sad...

House for sale in that same Earl's Terrace postcode that links back to the flip house planning permission applicant.

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-46092169.html

_

And Zoople Archived Listing from 2014... when it was up for sale, still had furniture.. Guide Price £995,000... into new frenzy of outbidding in order to acquire by the Wombles, and this attitude being loved up by the innocent Womble side (who we now need to protect of course from losses in value... our superiors).

Nail on the head, that's why a number of smart people I know have bought property, they don't care that they rental income is small, they just want to save their wealth from the coming wipe out of cash, bonds and equities...

Edited by Venger

HOLA4420
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4421

Yet another reduced at least 10% in E Herts

11/05/2015

• Price changed: from '£1,750,000' to '£1,650,000'

04/03/2015

• Status changed: Premium Listing, null, null Listing

14/10/2014

• Price changed: from '£1,850,000' to '£1,750,000'

05/06/2014

• Initial entry found.

Methinks they missed the peak boat.

HOLA4422

Yet another reduced at least 10% in E Herts

11/05/2015

• Price changed: from '£1,750,000' to '£1,650,000'
04/03/2015
  • Status changed: Premium Listing, null, null Listing
14/10/2014
  • Price changed: from '£1,850,000' to '£1,750,000'
05/06/2014
  • Initial entry found.

Methinks they missed the peak boat.

Were going back to these we were 2 years ago before the vote buying began.

A zombie housing market in need of a massive correction.

HOLA4423
  • 2 weeks later...
HOLA4424

And ANOTHER major home with at least 10% reduction in AP, E Herts.

This one a whopping 17.5%.

20/05/2015

• Brief Description changed: CREATE GUIDE PRICE £1.15m - £1.4m..........CREATE YOUR DREAM HOME......7100 SQ FT.!!.....OPEN VIEWS OVER PROTECTED PARKLAND.......INDOOR SWIMMING POOL..........This POOL.......... This huge detached home on 0.4 of an acre is arguably one of the largest in the town of Broxbourne and with some vision offers the infrastructure and footprint to create an ultra ... in...
  • Price changed: from '£1,395,000' to '£1,150,000'

05/05/2015

• Status changed: from 'Available' to 'Attention Investors'

03/05/2015

• Initial entry found.

HOLA4425

Another at least 10% reduced E Herts family home

15/04/2015

21/07/2014

• Price changed: from '£450,000' to '£425,000'

05/11/2013

• Price changed: from '£475,000' to '£450,000'

04/09/2013

• Initial entry found.

Lying b4stards, pretending now it's a newish listing. Gotcha!

20/05/2015

• Price changed: from '£425,000' to '£415,000'

29/04/2015

• Initial entry found.

So, £475,000 Nov 2013, now £415,000. 12% off initial AP.

Smaller drop this time. Getting close to build cost...? Ooohhh, I dooooo hope so.

NB. Anyone who wants it, it's 10 mins walk to the station, then just 30mins to Liverpool St.

Still at least £165,000 too much but it would probably sell for £350,000 today. Not sure about in 6 months though...

Edited by Killer Bunny