House Price Crash Forum

Ridiculous Data Collection At The Dentist

Frank Hovis

HOLA441

You could not make that one up. We are drowning in a sea of bureaucracy.

The country is run by a bunch of meddlars who don't do anything themselves - be it adopting children or fighting for this country - but they seemingly have the power to sit in judgement on those who do.

In March the Police can take away your licence if you have too much medication in your system - everything from lemsip through to countless medications that millions of people need to live.

HOLA442

To continue my rant (just need to vent about this):

My wife came home today and told me that the head has been instructed to suspend her until we provide the documents they have asked for (this would go on my wifes employments records and is not good). To her credit the Head has refused to do this, believing as we do that this is an invasion of our daughters privacy and not justified.

My wife had attached a letter to the form explaining why she has had to answer "yes" to the offending question and providing them with the contact details of the social worker who can confirm that we were both investigated in depth prior to the adoption (meaning that no issues were found). This does not do the trick apparently.

Strikes be that whoever wrote the form has dropped a clanger as is not prepared to put things right (which would be ludicrously easy).

On top of the privacy issues it's not escaped my notice that I'm paying for this whole fiasco through my council tax!

Rant over.....

Sounds like you need to engage with a lawyer, this kind of council meddler will usually fold like a pack of cards when faced with the prospect of defending themselves against legal action, and I suspect you would have a very good case against them. Defamation of character or whatever laws would apply.

HOLA443

I filled in the usual form for a new doctor. Asked about bevvy - put in about 30 units a week - which us a bit above the recommended limit (as we all know its just made up and means nothing anyway)

First appointment and the doc asked if I wanted any help lol.

Ridiculous. I pointed out I didn't touch a drop for 4-5 days per week which is actually way above the 'new' docs guidelines. She quitened down after that :)

HOLA444

I filled in the usual form for a new doctor. Asked about bevvy - put in about 30 units a week - which us a bit above the recommended limit (as we all know its just made up and means nothing anyway)

First appointment and the doc asked if I wanted any help lol.

Ridiculous. I pointed out I didn't touch a drop for 4-5 days per week which is actually way above the 'new' docs guidelines. She quitened down after that :)

Your psychiatrist is very nosey!

HOLA445

Sounds like you need to engage with a lawyer, this kind of council meddler will usually fold like a pack of cards when faced with the prospect of defending themselves against legal action, and I suspect you would have a very good case against them. Defamation of character or whatever laws would apply.

This. But not yet. If Mrs EC is actually suspended then take the legal route and the press route and hit them with everything you can. It's utterly ridiculous, I'm sitting here angry on your behalf!

HOLA446

This. But not yet. If Mrs EC is actually suspended then take the legal route and the press route and hit them with everything you can. It's utterly ridiculous, I'm sitting here angry on your behalf!

If it was me I think I'd be claiming political asylum in Norway, or something.

HOLA447

Mrs EC's Head who is literally "spitting tacks" has taken the matter up with the Head of Education at the council - I suspect this will bring an end to matters as he is (according to Mrs EC who has met him a couple of times) a pretty sensible chap.

If not then its local councillor and then MP as has been suggested on here.

If they do suspend her then "M'Learned Friends" will get themselves an easy fee.

HOLA448

I've just being doing a bit of family history research online, trying to date a Victorian photograph.

Turns out that the professional photographer who took portraits of my relatives was himself a distant relative.

He as also a dentist in the 1920's. Unqualified. self taught. :blink:

Apparently it was quite common in those days.

HOLA449

snip. She quitened down after that :)

after what?

hope you had another nurse in with you...dont want any false accusations levelled while you were alone in the room with a professional lady.

HOLA4410

after what?

hope you had another nurse in with you...dont want any false accusations levelled while you were alone in the room with a professional lady.

After I pointed out the numbers she was using to question me on were totally made up. Doctors hate when you point out you know more than them :)

HOLA4411

I refused to answer any of those officially. Said I was quite happy to tell the doctor if they asked, if they thought it had any bearing on anything, just not to have it all recorded and written down as a matter of course since it's so bloody intrusive and dehumanising. All part of my disgust and contempt of modern society (sorry, "progress").

EC, really hope you manage to bury the tw@s engaged in this sort of beurocratic nonsense. Morons who enforce rules for the sake of it and are completely incapable of looking at the circumstances are a plague who need exterminating like the vermin they are.

HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Back to the thread title:

It would be great if dentists collected ridiculous data.

Shoe size, names of pet ferrets, favourite film, attitude towards elks, etc.

All very important stuff for targetted advertising totally unrelated to teeth! :blink: I used to have a Greek dentist, Mikalis, then we had the fit Chinese burd, and now I have a Polish MILF.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
HOLA4416

Archived