House Price Crash Forum

Aep What A Utter Wa****

HOLA441

Apparently house prices are 35% more affordable now than in 2007.

This man really does write some utter crap, surely to f'en god he has the intelligence to realise wages have not risen by 35% since 2007, and people are poorer as life's essentials have.

I really do wish theyd put a true firewall up on the DT as it really is just Globalist Tory/Estate Agents HQ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11205505/Lingering-slump-in-real-UK-house-prices-outside-London-belies-bubble-fears.html

HOLA442
HOLA443

Given that the DT (dragging AEP along at the same time) has consistently waged propaganda war against the EU , I'm surprised it gets so much criticism here. Part of that propaganda also involves claiming that the situation here is rosy, including the dire housing sector. If we had joined the Euro we would have had our hpc ( and possibly broken the euro too! )

HOLA444

I really do wish theyd put a true firewall up on the DT as it really is just Globalist Tory/Estate Agents HQ

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/economics/11205505/Lingering-slump-in-real-UK-house-prices-outside-London-belies-bubble-fears.html

But that's the point. According to Guido Fawkes Telegraph has done deal to support Tories to GE.

Expect big gongs to owners.

HOLA445

But that's the point. According to Guido Fawkes Telegraph has done deal to support Tories to GE.

Expect big gongs to owners.

Newspapers shouldnt have an allegiance to a party...that would normally be called a Tract.

If they are showing a deliberate bias, then there should be a label on the front.

I realise that people will tend to buy a paper that generally agrees with their views, but to have a "deal" is newsworthy in itself.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

Given that the DT (dragging AEP along at the same time) has consistently waged propaganda war against the EU , I'm surprised it gets so much criticism here. Part of that propaganda also involves claiming that the situation here is rosy, including the dire housing sector. If we had joined the Euro we would have had our hpc ( and possibly broken the euro too! )

Its not necessarily the supposed economic morass of the EU the DT focuses on that bothers me...we chose inflation, they chose unemployment. The actual change in GDP per capita numbers is strikingly similar. Personally I think there are arguments for/against both. Jobs are nice, but not much point if the cost of living is decimating the income from those jobs. Constantly saying France is a basket case when it has a far smaller govt deficit than us seems the height of misplaced arrogance.

Nope, the reason I dont like the EU is its complete and utter resistance to reforming or even allowing for dissent over the direction it is taking. Frankly they scare me...it is almost soviet, the way they are unable to break out of this groupthink and look at what individual member states might want.

HOLA4411

Don't worry, he'll probably write another one next week saying that prices have fallen by 35%. He contradicts himself all the time.

but yeah, agree that this is a particularly cretinous argument. He forgot the part about wages being stagnant.

and the part about if houses are so affordable, why does the govt have to keep inventing ever more 'generous' Help to buy monstrosities to goad people into buying.

HOLA4412
Guest UK Debt Slave

The Telegraph is now a joke newspaper.

I used to post a lot on the Telegraph Blogs which are being wound down at the moment. (They don't like the fact that so many libertarians and conservatives post on a supposedly conservative news site :lol: )

It is infested with left wing trolls shouting people down and all the good bloggers and hacks have been fired by the Telegraph Media Group's "Chief Content Officer" (Political Kommissar) Jason "psycho" Seiken

The paper is now a left wing rag with hacks like Dan Hodges and Mary "Fabian" Riddell replacing any vaguely conservative journos.

Dan Hannan is just a "concern troll" for the Tory party pretending to be eurosceptic.

It's a pathetic mess

Edited by UK Debt Slave

HOLA4413

^^^

Dan Hodges has to be the biggest tit with a keyboard on planet earth, the fact he makes a living as a journalist just shows its not what you know but who you were born to.

Loved his article where he was whining about paying the annual property tax on a property his mother had gifted him to avoid paying tax on it in her will.

HOLA4414
HOLA4415
Guest UK Debt Slave

^^^

Dan Hodges has to be the biggest tit with a keyboard on planet earth, the fact he makes a living as a journalist just shows its not what you know but who you were born to.

Loved his article where he was whining about paying the annual property tax on a property his mother had gifted him to avoid paying tax on it in her will.

Ghastly creature isn't he

HOLA4416

Are you claiming real house prices exc. London didn't fall 35%. Good luck with that.

Yes im claiming that, Im looking in Southern England (the big chunk that isnt London) and recent sold prices are higher than 2007, yet wages have barely gone up. See i didnt need any luck.

Quite clearly if property was 35% lower than in 2007 i would buy a house as ive got cash sat in the bank so i dont need someone on here or some tw4t on the DT telling me prices are 35% more affordable.

Seriously when people are discussing inflation talk clearly about wage inflation as this is what pretty much everyone buys a house with, quite obviously if the price of goods/food/energy has gone up then by 35% then it means one has less money.

The fact some cnt who is supposed to be a national newspapers financial expert cant figure this out tells me he is a fcken charlatan, and probably sucks mens bits and pieces at Tory HQ.

HOLA4417
HOLA4418

Yes im claiming that, Im looking in Southern England (the big chunk that isnt London) and recent sold prices are higher than 2007, yet wages have barely gone up. See i didnt need any luck.

Quite clearly if property was 35% lower than in 2007 i would buy a house as ive got cash sat in the bank so i dont need someone on here or some tw4t on the DT telling me prices are 35% more affordable.

Hps in Gtr London fell 20ish% in 2008, thus a real fall of 20-25%. Full stop.

HOLA4419
HOLA4420

Hps in Gtr London fell 20ish% in 2008, thus a real fall of 20-25%. Full stop.

If they fell 20% and wages didnt rise then its a fall of 20%.

But QE, 0.5 kicked in and prices were soon on the rise, prices in 2014 are not 35% less than in 2007 the not so wonderful houses i am looking at are higher.

HOLA4421
HOLA4422
HOLA4423

Are you claiming real house prices exc. London didn't fall 35%. Good luck with that.

AEP's opening claim in the article is:

"British house prices have fallen 35pc in real terms since the peak in 2007 and remain stuck at levels last seen at the start of the century once London is excluded, according to hard data from the Land Registry."

This is pure, unadulterated rubbish, which anyone can determine for themselves if they examine the LR numbers.

HOLA4424

AEP's opening claim in the article is:

"British house prices have fallen 35pc in real terms since the peak in 2007 and remain stuck at levels last seen at the start of the century once London is excluded, according to hard data from the Land Registry."

This is pure, unadulterated rubbish, which anyone can determine for themselves if they examine the LR numbers.

it could well be accurate.

2007-2014 there's been 10-15% inflation.

Outside London prices could well be down 20-25%

HOLA4425

There's been no deleveraging worthy of the name. Obviously, house prices will collapse when that happens. London and the SE will be hit hardest, of course, but the regions still have some way to fall (see Northern Ireland).

article-2718135-204F717E00000578-218_634

And do you have a chart showing got borrowing/debt since 2007, as it was then that the govt took over the borrowing mantra.