House Price Crash Forum

Anyone Else Noticed?

HOLA441
HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444

Milk is insanely cheap.

Drink milk.

Now I know you are being ironic RK...but that has got to be something in the most definitely wrong thread. Whether it was the fact we were forced fed the stuff at primary school in those third pint bottles...and thank God Thatcher came to the rescue in 1973 so that my last two years at primary school were milk free. Milk is fine in porridge and tea and coffee...end of. Always think what the f**k when an adult starts drinking or is offered a glass of milk in a film.

More wrong in fact than southern HPCs members indulging in a glass of shandy on a pub crawl with the XYY man.

HOLA445

Now I know you are being ironic RK...but that has got to be something in the most definitely wrong thread. Whether it was the fact we were forced fed the stuff at primary school in those third pint bottles...and thank God Thatcher came to the rescue in 1973 so that my last two years at primary school were milk free. Milk is fine in porridge and tea and coffee...end of. Always think what the f**k when an adult starts drinking or is offered a glass of milk in a film.

More wrong in fact than southern HPCs members indulging in a glass of shandy on a pub crawl with the XYY man.

"Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man."

TheDude_WhiteRussian.jpg

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449
HOLA4410

I reckon it's the government. After all, they've been bashing fatties for long enough.

Could they have sneaked in a 'slimming down' law on soft drinks without us noticing. We should stop whining. It's for our own good. :lol:

HOLA4411
HOLA4412

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2008/01/12/what-happens-to-your-body-within-an-hour-of-drinking-a-coke.aspx

Within the first 10 minutes, 10 teaspoons of sugar hit your system. This is 100 percent of your recommended daily intake, and the only reason you don’t vomit as a result of the overwhelming sweetness is because phosphoric acid cuts the flavor.

Within 20 minutes, your blood sugar spikes, and your liver responds to the resulting insulin burst by turning massive amounts of sugar into fat.

Within 40 minutes, caffeine absorption is complete; your pupils dilate, your blood pressure rises, and your livers dumps more sugar into your bloodstream.

Around 45 minutes, your body increases dopamine production, which stimulates the pleasure centers of your brain – a physically identical response to that of heroin, by the way.

After 60 minutes, you’ll start to have a sugar crash.

HOLA4413
HOLA4414

I reckon it's the government. After all, they've been bashing fatties for long enough.

Could they have sneaked in a 'slimming down' law on soft drinks without us noticing. We should stop whining. It's for our own good. :lol:

The minute the "pint" get smaller, I'm pigging off to Germany, where you can get two litre pints!

HOLA4415

The minute the "pint" get smaller, I'm pigging off to Germany, where you can get two litre pints!

I am in Finland at the mo. You should have seen the look on my face when I bought a beer and was given a pint glass with 400ml in it (standard beer measure).

Not a happy bunny. The barmaid said, 'Is there something wrong?''

Too ******ing right, love.

HOLA4416

I was in a 'trendy' pub in Manchester and upon asking for a particular draught beer I was told that it would be served in a schooner. Wow, I thought.

Imagine my crushing disappointment when my drink was served in a child's measure, not a boat.

HOLA4417

I am in Finland at the mo. You should have seen the look on my face what I bought a beer and was given a pint glass with 400ml in it (standard beer measure).

Not a happy bunny. The barmaid said, 'Is there something wrong?''

Too ******ing right, love.

You have to drink half a pint of Vodka and jump out of a top floor window!, up there!

HOLA4418

I was in a 'trendy' pub in Manchester and upon asking for a particular draught beer I was told that it would be served in a schooner. Wow, I thought.

Imagine my crushing disappointment when my drink was served in a child's measure, not a boat.

In the Pin World, I agree that is a "fail"! :blink:

HOLA4419

Well now, it seems this is going on in my local ASDA's alcohol department too.

I picked up what looked like a full bottle of Grant's whisky as the £10 price tag had suckered me in. When I got it home, I realised it was 50cl and not 70. Next visit I had a good look at the shelves and there were other brands offering this 50cl bottle too.

But then I realised how sneaky ASDA had been. They normally have all the half bottles on their own shelves and the full bottles on theirs, but they'd stuck the 50cl Grant's right next to the half-bottles and this plus the distinctive shape of the bottle tricked the eye into thinking it was a full bottle - the sneaky shites...!

Oh, and when did Old Speckled Hen drop to 5% abv...? It's been 5.2% as long as I've been supping the stuff but the four I bought yesterday were only 5%.

So it would seem they are after the hardened-drinker just as much as the supper of smoothies and fruit juices...

:(

XYY

HOLA4420

I picked up what looked like a full bottle of Grant's whisky as the £10 price tag had suckered me in. When I got it home, I realised it was 50cl and not 70. Next visit I had a good look at the shelves and there were other brands offering this 50cl bottle too.

But then I realised how sneaky ASDA had been. They normally have all the half bottles on their own shelves and the full bottles on theirs, but they'd stuck the 50cl Grant's right next to the half-bottles and this plus the distinctive shape of the bottle tricked the eye into thinking it was a full bottle - the sneaky shites...!

Oh, and when did Old Speckled Hen drop to 5% abv...? It's been 5.2% as long as I've been supping the stuff but the four I bought yesterday were only 5%.

So it would seem they are after the hardened-drinker just as much as the supper of smoothies and fruit juices...

XYY

We are on the "Road to Hell"! Enjoy the ride!

HOLA4421

XYY

To bring it closer to that watered down piss you drink called Newcastle Brown Ale.

HOLA4422

To bring it closer to that watered down piss you drink called Newcastle Brown Ale.

I drink many fine ales itchy, not just Brown.

Older drinkers than me would agree with you as they all swear Newcy Brown was stronger in the past - I've only been drinking it for a few years since I got sick of lager and switched to beer, so I don't know if this is true or a myth.

And of course, the 550ml bottle looks good compared to the 500s of their rivals, but the old timers tell me they were pint bottles back in the day, so there was a rip-off in the metric conversion too.

Something tells me the 550ml bottle probably won't last much longer...

XYY

HOLA4423

Older drinkers than me would agree with you as they all swear Newcy Brown was stronger in the past - I've only been drinking it for a few years since I got sick of lager and switched to beer, so I don't know if this is true or a myth.

And of course, the 550ml bottle looks good compared to the 500s of their rivals, but the old timers tell me they were pint bottles back in the day, so there was a rip-off in the metric conversion too.

Something tells me the 550ml bottle probably won't last much longer...

XYY

I think the only time I would drink Newcastle Brown was back in my days of nightclubs and their £1 a bottle nights. 330ml of 4% ABV lager or 550ml of 4.7% ABV Newkie Brown for £1, you choose.

Thankfully Vodbulls and Jaegerbombs are the modern equivalent.

HOLA4424

XYY

Well some friends came round and I offered the ones that drink, a small bottle of Groslch! 330 ml! Once I had dealt with the guests, I got my "special" bottle of Grolsch! 1.5 Litres, to see who would laugh first! It was actually my mate's son! He is the future Pin! :wacko:

HOLA4425

Archived