House Price Crash Forum

Eu Ready To Lift Duties On Most U.s. Goods For Trade Pact

HOLA441

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/06/uk-eu-usa-trade-exclusive-idUKBREA151A120140206

The European Union will offer to lift tariffs on nearly all goods imported from the United States as part of negotiations towards the world's largest free-trade deal, people familiar with the proposal have told Reuters.

The offer will be made on Monday, a week ahead of face-to-face talks between EU trade chief Karel De Gucht and his U.S. counterpart Michael Froman in Washington, they said.

The European Commission, which handles trade issues for the EU's 28 member states, will tell the United States how far it is willing to open its markets, while U.S. officials are expected to do the same.

Officials familiar with the EU's proposal have told Reuters the European Union will offer to lift 96 percent of existing import tariffs, retaining protection for just a few sensitive products such as beef, poultry and pork.

"This is just the first step, but it sends a message that no sector will be completely shielded from liberalisation," said one person involved in preparing the EU offer. The official declined to be named because of the sensitive nature of the talks. Two other European officials confirmed the offer.

Firstly, Brussels will offer to drop 96 percent of tariffs on the understanding that Washington reciprocates.

Will the US actually want to open up it's own markets in this way?

HOLA442
HOLA443
HOLA444
HOLA445
HOLA446

http://uk.reuters.com/article/2014/02/06/uk-eu-usa-trade-exclusive-idUKBREA151A120140206

Will the US actually want to open up it's own markets in this way?

no.period.

they are fully aware of the factions at this present moment (mis)governing europe.

US is staying mostly protectionist for the forseeable future.

I do like the symbolism in play.

...i guess the president's bedtime reading of late is one of two books.

1) to kill a mockingbird

2) the cider house rules.

HOLA447
HOLA448
HOLA449

US beginning to open up oil exports.

Can we import their planning system for residential land? No, cuz we is special.

wouldn't count on it.

as I said before, one or two countries will get preferential treatment for oil/resources.

but the "roman" faction are not part of it.....bush& co have been well and truly rumbled by the attempted stitch-up they were/are trying to forment...the yanks are generally a forgiving bunch, but this went beyond the pale...and made sure in no uncertain terms that the yanks are fullt aware that some of "old europe" has not moved on from the dark ages...therefore has to be kept on a tight leash.

I do not blame them in the least for being more than a bit "stand-offish"

Edited by oracle

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412

Wonder if the EU will do the same for us if we leave in 2018. You would have thought so given our excess imports, but the French can be awkward sods.

so we withdraw all of our weapons from european soil and guarantee "non-intervention" in future disputes within european territory.

when the next hitler comes along we won't send any help.

quite simple then isn't it?

the french don't have a terribly good reputation with regard to being able to stay the course in a fight.

ONLY britain and germany are capable of that(and the germans have the edge on us in terms of "killer instinct")...and we have contrasting views on how europe should be governed.

HOLA4413

so we withdraw all of our weapons from european soil and guarantee "non-intervention" in future disputes within european territory.

when the next hitler comes along we won't send any help.

quite simple then isn't it?

the french don't have a terribly good reputation with regard to being able to stay the course in a fight.

ONLY britain and germany are capable of that(and the germans have the edge on us in terms of "killer instinct")...and we have contrasting views on how europe should be governed.

Having been born during it and watching my wounded father come home, I sometimes wonder just what would have happened in 1940 if the UK had withdrawn from WW11.

Hitler got Parkinson's disease within a few years.

Would a lot of people have survived?

Would the Jews and Gipsies been able to emigrate?

HOLA4414

Having been born during it and watching my wounded father come home, I sometimes wonder just what would have happened in 1940 if the UK had withdrawn from WW11.

...in a word, no.

They would have been totally purged, along with anybody who didn't fit into the aryan stereotype...

so if you had any homosexual tendencies, or were mentally or physically disabled in any way shape or form, you would have been executed.

those that were lucky enough to survive would have had their partners selected for them...no love involved, kids concieved by artificial insemination and then once brought to term, the kids would be raised in state "hatcheries"...not with the parents.

..and there are STILL some in the transhumanist/communist /fascist mentality who think this is a good idea.....so the danger is real, and we do need to stand up against it.

..but it seems that some of europe would like to revert back to fascism, and some of our fairweather friends in europe need a dose of bitter medicine to make them appreciate us risking our necks to save them.

Edited by oracle

HOLA4415

I think, not sure but saw something about this on keiser..... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transatlantic_Trade_and_Investment_Partnership for anyone who is interested in the different views/interests/sides.....benefits and disadvantages. ;)

yes, seems far more nefarious than 'just' a trade agreement.

more a globalist agenda to 'harmonize' a great many things and to hell with local concerns.

HOLA4416

didnt hitler originally want to move the jews to madagascar?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madagascar_plan

HOLA4417