House Price Crash Forum

Is Prime London Crashing? - Merged Threads

Damik

HOLA441
HOLA442

Last year when I told someone at work they could loose a fortune on London property they jumped down my throat to tell me I was wrong.

This year, everyone agrees that it is a bubble and best avoided.

The emperor has no clothes.

The gap between "you're nuts" and "duh, of course" is a fine one. People are very binary with these things. It must be a lonely feeling when you've pushed all your chips onto one square, to the cheer of the crowd....only for the crowd to gasp a moment later. I can actually understand the excuses and finger-pointing and blaming - they made me do it, I was encouraged....it's not my fault...

HOLA443

Last year when I told someone at work they could loose a fortune on London property they jumped down my throat to tell me I was wrong.

This year, everyone agrees that it is a bubble and best avoided.

The emperor has no clothes.

Looks like the shires are starting to follow london now....have a look at the shires crash thread today, some big percentages of listing dropping.

I'll second that. Detectable change in sentiment from both owners (i dont bring up property anymore at the office. Its like religion or politics) and 1st time buyers. Owners are nervous and have noticed the slow down / falls and the couple of potential 1st time buyers have spoken to have had the attitude 'this is nuts, saved for ages not playing this game'.

HOLA444
HOLA445

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-3009117/House-prices-stall-average-home-remaining-1k-summer-peak-says-Office-National-Statistics.html

House prices fell in January with the average home selling for £1,000 below its summer peak, officials confirm
  • House prices sit at £273k - in the summer they had reached £274k
  • London property values also down

Even The London market continues to come off the boil. The annual rate of increase in London house prices fell back to a 13-month low of 13.0 per cent in January from 13.3 per cent in December, 15.2 per cent in November and a peak of 20.1 per cent in May 2014.

HOLA446
HOLA447

Due to MMR, a friend had his house purchase delayed, in the end it took 4, nearly 5 months. On completion (or exchange, I mix them up all the time), the vendor pulled out and demanded a further £50k or he was remarking it. It was a £600k property and this is August 2014. I advised friend to walk, but he didn't, he borrowed more money, from both sets of parents (he was at his limit). I've always known the London market was insane, but this showed me it had really gone crazy. Buffet once said his clue to making money was to be scared when people were greedy and greedy when people were scared.

It's still mental in London, but I have a very strong feeling that my buddies sphincter has been going 20 to the dozen since he bought, more so now.

HOLA448

Due to MMR, a friend had his house purchase delayed, in the end it took 4, nearly 5 months. On completion (or exchange, I mix them up all the time), the vendor pulled out and demanded a further £50k or he was remarking it. It was a £600k property and this is August 2014. I advised friend to walk, but he didn't, he borrowed more money, from both sets of parents (he was at his limit). I've always known the London market was insane, but this showed me it had really gone crazy. Buffet once said his clue to making money was to be scared when people were greedy and greedy when people were scared.

It's still mental in London, but I have a very strong feeling that my buddies sphincter has been going 20 to the dozen since he bought, more so now.

http://www.google.com/trends/explore#q=gazumping&cmpt=q&tz=

HOLA449
HOLA4410
HOLA4411
HOLA4412
HOLA4413

Even ONS is now negative for London. I assume that bank valuators are taking a deep interest in it ... :wub::wub::wub:

http://www.expressandstar.com/business/uk-money/2015/03/24/property-prices-down-by-0-2/

House prices in London are now 0.7% below the record levels seen last August, although they are still around 38% higher than the peak they reached before the financial crisis set in. House prices in London increased by 13% in the year to January, taking them to £510,000 on average.

HOLA4414

Lambeth: 35% (24/69) of price reductions on RM in last 24h

Kensington and Chelsea: 28% (10/36) of price reductions on RM in last 24h

Streatham: 42% (14/33) of price reductions on RM in last 24h

Edited by Damik

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417
HOLA4418

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for-sale/property-32187654.html

That's what I call a drop... from 2.75m to 1.195m in three weeks.

I would love to see this builder profit and cash flow predictions.

I have read somewhere that the land around the Themes is so overpriced that builders of all these high rises make a tiny profit only.

If they sell for the original planned price ... :lol::lol::lol:

HOLA4419

I would love to see this builder profit and cash flow predictions.

I have read somewhere that the land around the Themes is so overpriced that builders of all these high rises make a tiny profit only.

If they sell for the original planned price ... :lol::lol::lol:

The entire development of that area started a very long ago (first sales in New Providence Wharf in 2003) and it's all been done by same builder (Ballymore), so I'm guessing they got that area on a very decent price and are still milking it up. They were kite flying to see how big of a fool they can catch.

HOLA4420

the old land owners must make a fortune.

Couldn't we solve all the problems by the young taking it off Them.

You can see how their country could descend into mayhem quite easily.

It's happened in every civilised country and odds on one day, maybe next week or maybe in a 100 year, either way, there will be a Republic here.

100,000 police and 100,000 soldiers simply cannot control 70 million, and rising, people.

best move to a Republic before the trouble starts. :lol:

Edited by TheCountOfNowhere

HOLA4421

It's happened in every civilised country and odds on one day, maybe next week or maybe in a 100 year, either way, there will be a Republic here.

100,000 police and 100,000 soldiers simply cannot control 70 million, and rising, people.

A good start would be a 40% CGT tax (like my income one) from their primary residence ... :wub::wub::wub:

HOLA4422

Think we tried that in the 1600s, it didn't stick.

Regards the place in Providence Tower, if I was dropping a bar on a pad I'd want to be able to see a tree out the window. Not everyone can want to live in a BladeRunner set.

HOLA4423

Tricky though when stealing a bottle of water gets you 6 months in prison. I still think it'll happen eventually - but a lot further off than I'd like.

HOLA4424

Tricky though when stealing a bottle of water gets you 6 months in prison. I still think it'll happen eventually - but a lot further off than I'd like.

I think the establishment shit themselves when it kicked off. It was all0over the Country. The ramped up the propaganda and made a real example of she they caught.

maybe t.at was the time to understand what was going on and end of London centric leeching economy. People need jobs, a decent standard of living. The rich are too rich and they ain't giving it up, they are taking more and more.

I keep saying, lots of trouble to come.

HOLA4425

Couldn't we solve all the problems by the young taking it off Them...

~3.5% of population engaged in non-violent civil disobedience gives fairly good odds, apparently: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/worldviews/wp/2013/11/05/peaceful-protest-is-much-more-effective-than-violence-in-toppling-dictators/ The problem is what happens next. Although for most I wonder how much of a realistic problem that is when the options for the State and their winners are to either become so authoritarian that very few gain any longer and/or more join in, or they just get a little more reasonable.