House Price Crash Forum

High Blood Pressure

Steppenpig

HOLA441

BigPig.....

Sounds like you had a Transient Ischemic Attack, better known as a mini stroke.

I`m not one to running to the doctor (they`re pure scum!) but I don`t think there are many doctors who would take your symtums lightly. You maybe surprised.

As you say, make light of it and then test the doctors reaction, just ask about your BP to start off with. And get your BP down before you go, don`t give them a chance to make 2+2=

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
HOLA442
HOLA443

Doctors are pure scum?

Yes. At least consultants have some idea what they`re on about.

My doctor gave me a year`s driving ban, (lost my job over it) My consultant gave me 6 months!

Go to any large hospital.....it`s common knowledge that doctors are `useless` at least.

Just in it for the money.....

HOLA444
HOLA445

Doctors are pure scum?

My doctor gave me a year`s driving ban, (lost my job over it) My consultant gave me 6 months!

Go to any large hospital.....it`s common knowledge that doctors are `useless` at least.

Ah you mean GPs.

They are the NHS gatekeepers, it's a fairly thankless task.

HOLA446
HOLA447
HOLA448

Fairly thankless?

£100.000 per year? (and up)

Well most of them start studying extremely hard about the age of 14 and don't slow down at all until about age 27 or 28, then they need to study fairly constantly but less intensively throughout their working lives, so that must be worth something. A grievance with one or two GPs isn't a reason to label them all scum.

HOLA449

Surely most are funnelled into the profession from the age of 3, by the time they get the 30 they`re humourless morons....as is to be expected.

All they can do is 10 minute speed dating.

I say unto you good people of hpc......take responsibility for your own lives!

HOLA4410
HOLA4411
Guest TheBlueCat

Thanks for the concern, and I will get round to checking in with my gp soon, but I just know I will tell him the backround, and he will say:

"so you had a funny turn?"

"yes"

"and now you feel better?"

"yes"

"well, come back if it happens again"

I don't think so. No confusion, no dizziness, no weakness, no drunkenness feeling, no lop-sidedness.

I quite rapidly, in the space of 30 mins to an hour started feeling quite ill (but not nauseous), had fever/chills, was shaking/shivering so much I couldn't write. Felt like I had swallowed a big box that had got stuck in my chest, pain/tingling in arms, bp collapsed, pulse racing.

I don't want to overexaggerate it, as lots of things can cause funny turns, maybe it was some toxic mould on the walnuts I was eating. I actually cycled home, including stopping to buy 4 litres of orange juice (normal strategy when I'm sick). It did hurt my arms a bit though. I had to cycle one handed and keep swapping them over.

Agreed with the other comments telling you to see a doctor. Another thing that could easily produce those symptoms is a heart arrhythmia of some sort.

HOLA4412

Ah, doctors. I won't spend too long on this thread - I have high blood pressure[1].

But, I'm very anti-doctor; I know too many of the up-their-own-ar$es, money-grubbing vampires. They're an introverted club and, if you ain't a doctor, you ain't nothing. And don't get me started about dr-dr married couples hothousing their poor sprogs to follow in their wealthy footsteps. And, while we're talking money, you know that they *love* property. Mainly second homes and holiday cottages - but they frequently add a BTL or two to their portfolio.

And, now we have the internet they not even convincing in the "I know more than you do" role.

[1] 173/117 now self-managed to something-or-other/80-something. Self-managed by telling my boss that I'm not staying in the office after 1600 any more, doing more gardening and cycling to work. The fasting thing is still on the to-do list.

HOLA4413

...ah, I thought I was strict!

+1 (that sound lame!)

Give fasting a go, it`s not like you have to do anything. I stop eating Saturday evening, I`m OK until sunday noon when I just chill out on the sofa and then go to bed at 9 or 10. Recently I`ve found that I can spend all day in the garden and still my mood keeps up. Get up Monday and eat what you like.

HOLA4414

I've no idea what my blood pressure is I can't remember the last time I had it done it was years and years ago.

My aim is to excercise and eat basic food like a little good quality meat/fish, veg, pulses natural fat/oil and no over processed/artificial crap and stay away from doctors as long as I can.

I have little faith in doctors. Their mistakes are dead!

A lot of the drugs they prescribe are, in my opinion, suspect. Just look at the leaflet of any pharmaceutical drug of possible side effects.....the drug is supposed to make you better.

HOLA4415
HOLA4416
HOLA4417

After hitting the booze a lot, I was 180/104. Decided to get slimmer and fitter, just in case it got me laid. 3 days off the hooch got me 175/103. A couple of days of v low carb diet, no booze and walking as much as my joints would allow has me 145/90. Hey my BP is 18 years younger than it needs to be. :)

Last year I was feeling real grotty for about a week and my BP was 119/100. I so hope that was the machines fault.

HOLA4418

It didn't work on it's own for me, only the fasting worked.

I still drink it as it helps my digestion but it's odd, at first I liked it, now I find it sickly and have to gulp it down quickly.

Where do you get it in the UK? A mate of mine wanted to try it as his guts aren't brilliant but didn't know where to get it.

Morrisons have at least one type of it.

HOLA4419

Doctors are pure scum?

And yet...

Big pig.....

Please read my post number No 9.

Sounds like you`ve had a `mini stroke` to me.

At least go the doctor and get drugged up but then make a serious effort to get your BP down yourself.

My BP is down to 108 over 67 now by doing fasting at 1.5 days a week.

Do you have any right/left side weakness?

Consider yourself on my "talks b*ll*cks" watchlist.

HOLA4420
HOLA4421
Guest TheBlueCat

I don't really get this 'doctors are useless, vaccinations don't work' BS at all. The evidence is so overwhelmingly against that point of view that it's impossible to know what could persuade someone to think like that. It may be true that not all medical interventions are effective enough to be justified but the vast bulk of what western medicine does works as described.

HOLA4422
HOLA4423

I don't really get this 'doctors are useless, vaccinations don't work' BS at all. The evidence is so overwhelmingly against that point of view that it's impossible to know what could persuade someone to think like that. It may be true that not all medical interventions are effective enough to be justified but the vast bulk of what western medicine does works as described.

To be fair I agree with much of those who say GP are in general almost useless.

Its at though they realise the internet has more or less taken their place - and take it out with extremely poor service for us punters.

I was thinking back recently - and of all the various wee ailments I have had over the years - I don't think even one doctor has mentioned the 'cause' of one.

They deal in symptoms not causes. That's probably not their fault - but still doesn't change the fact seeing them on most occasions is a waste of time.

HOLA4424

To be fair I agree with much of those who say GP are in general almost useless.

Its at though they realise the internet has more or less taken their place - and take it out with extremely poor service for us punters.

I was thinking back recently - and of all the various wee ailments I have had over the years - I don't think even one doctor has mentioned the 'cause' of one.

They deal in symptoms not causes. That's probably not their fault - but still doesn't change the fact seeing them on most occasions is a waste of time.

Hmmm.... you may have a point, people should make greater use of www.you'renotreallyillyoupathetichypochondriac.com

HOLA4425

Archived